THE INTERVIEW

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: THE INTERVIEW

Postby Hasumi » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Film 561
Hasumi

Dave Skylark who has famous TV program is able to interview to Kim Jong-un who is a leader of North Korea. The CIA knows this fact and they require Dave to kill Kim secretly. He goes to North Korea to prepare for killing Kim, but North Korea is completely different from image which most American have and Dave feels Kim is good leader, so they become good friends before Dave do his plan to kill Kim. Therefore, Dave decides to stop killing Kim and he avoid being killed Kim by his partner Aaron Rapaport.

However, one night, Dave realizes what Dave believe real such as fruits in supermarket is all fake and Kim makes a lie to Dave. Then, Dave thinks that through the interview, citizens are realized Kim is not god. This is also a way to change Kim. Some fighting moment is scarily, but I enjoyed this movie.
Hasumi

Postby Nawafsha » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:48 pm

I think the movie is really funny and has a meaning in the same time. I Liked the main characters in the movie specially the man who portrayed the president of North Korea. But there are thing that I think is not true about North Korea and some stereotype like the grocery stores that are empty.
Nawafsha

Postby paulvigneron » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:54 pm

Very funny movie about a Tv presenter and his producer who went to North Korea to interview kim jong un, the supreme leader. They absolutly have to do this interview to become the first American talk show.
paulvigneron

Postby Hikaru » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:50 pm

Film 561
Koichi Yamazaki

Dave Skylark was able to get Kim's interview because he mentions that he likes to watch Dave Skylark. The relationship between Dave Skylark and Aaron Rapaport is kind of rival company that broadcast the news. However, Aaron Rapaport is better than Dave Skylark in terms of the quality of informative news. Besides, only Dave Skylark think of Aaron Rapaport as a competitive company. Dave skylark were asked to take the Supreme Leader out, which means they are supposed to kill him, because he is regarded as dangerous person. Although they tried to do it, they were struggling to carry out it because they are in trouble. This movie was so hilarious and exciting in many ways though I did not expected that this film would be really gross.
Hikaru

Postby masa » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:35 pm

masa

this film is one of the funniet movie i watched ever. the story is, two american interviewer happen to visit North Korea. they went there since they would like their tv show more famous. afterwards, they realized that everything consists of fake. finally, they succeed in assasinating the president.
masa

Postby demi0206 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:12 am

Hidemi

The main characters, Dave Skylark and the producer, Aaron Rapaport, have made the popular TV program, “Skylark Tonight.” In the TV show, Dave Skylark reveals celebrities` gossips. Since they are aroused spirits of competition by the director of formal news TV program, they plan to interview the most famous person in the world in order to get more people`s attention to their TV program. Since they know that North Korean director, Kim Jong-Un, is a big fan of the TV show, they try to make an appointment for the interview with him.

Actually, North Korean government admits them to come to Pyongyang and meet the leader. Between Dave Skylark and Aaron, there is the strong bond of friendship, which nobody can interfere. Even though some events which can destroy their relationship happen, they trust each other.

This movie is one of the most controversial movies. The movie shows the real world in North Korea, and describes the details. I am curious if North Korean watch the movie, how they feel that.
demi0206

Previous

Return to Movie Reports