LA LA LAND

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: LA LA LAND

Postby Juri Takashima » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Mia wants to be a movie star, but she fails auditions every time. Sebastian also wants to open his jazz bar, but nobody doesn't admit his jazz. That' s why they have a sense of frustration.

At a certain party, they have a talk. Since that day, they come to talk about their dreams and have a good relationship.

I think it offers a workable model of how to achieve one’s dream in the entertainment business. It shows us the difficulty with realizing dreams in entertainment business, but at the same time, we can know the awesomeness of dreaming.

In the ending, Mia comes Sebastian's bar with her husband. This scene shows that Mia and Sebastian are going separate ways. Mia becomes a movie star and gets married a man. On the other hand, Sebastian becomes independent and can open his bar. They really loved each other, but had to break up to realize their dreams. At the end, they exchange glances and smile faintly. It means they kept telling themselves that the way that they chose was correct.
Juri Takashima

Postby innoykim » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:23 pm

In the ending of the story “LA LA Land” Sebastian plays the song on the piano which he played when he met Mia at first in the restaurant. The song takes them back to the day when they first met and the whole story starts to be rewritten from the beginning. In this rewritten love story Seb imagines what his life with Mia could have been like if he had fallen in love with her at first sight, rejected Keith’s offer and spent more time with Mia.

However, it seems that both of them understand that they cannot be together anymore and they should lead their lives without each other. Leaving Sebastian’s jazz club, Mia momentarily looks back and smiles at Sebastian. She knows that the memories with Sebastian are the parts of her life and it cannot be what it is without these memories. After seeing her leave with other man Sebastian restarts his own song.
innoykim

Postby Mohammed111 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:44 am

The film is one of the best films that have been passed on because of the different events and the longing because it is about the story of love and realization of dreams that are difficult to explain and with these difficulties life But both seek the best The story revolves around love and interdependence and beautiful things in the field of love and beautiful expressions that The longing of the viewer and the love is the rose of life,I am looking at it several times.

Mohammed Alkaabi,

all the best,
Mohammed111

Postby bernie10723 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:10 pm

Before I watched this movie, I have heard this movie is awesome, I was really excited.
I predicted this movie with a happy ending. However, I was wrong. :’(

I really like how this movie film, it was divided into four chapters: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter, which symbolize the passion of love between two protagonists.
I think the reason that Mia and Seb become close, is they both have talent and some bad situations. Mia wanted to be an actress, however, always fail in interview. Seb wanted to have his own Jazz pub, which perform traditional Jazz only, but he didn’t have enough money and nobody care what he thought except Mia.

It’s really sad in the end, although Mia and Seb all made their dreams come true. Seb recalled every moments in the past, and image different outcomes if he treat Mia in different ways. The music “Mia & Sebastian's Theme” reconnect whole plots of the movie again.

Yu-Chen Tseng
bernie10723

Postby Serenaliao » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:49 pm

Why are Mia's life as an unknown actress and Seb's as an unknown musician so frustrating?
Proves the pursuit of dreams, it is inevitable encounter challenges and difficulties, and lack of time, but also have patience and perseverance, waiting for the opportunity to actively seek performance opportunities.

Why do Mia and Seb become close to each other?
The two men began to meet each other, Mia by his encouragement and in the Mia disheartened to give up the actor career, even if they breakup, Seb or encourage her to audition.

Does LA LA LAND offer a workable model of how to achieve one's dreams in the entertainment business?
The way to pursue the dream, and now block the wall in front of me, whether it is human factors or the trend, are to prove how much they want to achieve a dream.

Explain the ending of the story.
Mia and Seb back to the initial encounter in the piano bar, this is not indifferent to the wrong body, but warm kiss. The two continue to pursue the same dream, perhaps not necessarily as Mia later success, but this time they have each other around.
Serenaliao

Previous

Return to Movie Reports