[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

Postby maikuu » Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:53 pm

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: WHEN HARRY MET SALLY

Postby cecic0125 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:31 pm

Q1:When Sally and Harry first meet, how do they feel about each other?
A1: Harry and Sally shared a road trip from Chicago to New York for attending college. Both of them are certain that they will not fall in love with each other, even though Harry kept “flirting” with Sally by saying she was attractive.

Q2:What is Harry's philosophy about love and friendship? Do you agree with it?
A2: Harry’s philosophy about love and friendship is that “pure” friendship does not exist when people find other is attractive. I am agree with his opinion. Take my own experience as an example. I have best homies in my different stage: elementary school, junior high school, high school, college. And they really did a great job of being friend. I thought the relationship among us is only pure friendship without any romantic color. However, we played “dare or truth” and then I found out that they had some feeling to me and admitted that they thought I was funny and attractive. Therefore, we can tell that if one finds another is attractive to him or her, it might be hard to maintain friendship “purely”.

Q3:How do Harry and Sally go from friendship to romance?
A3: Harry divorced with Helen and Sally was ditched by her ex-boyfriend. And they started to console each other and then their friendship evolved into romance.

Q4:Write a summary/setup of WHEN HARRY MET SALLY.
A4:
College Road Trip
Five years later - Met in the airport accidentally
Ten years later - Sally was just ditched by her boyfriend and Harry just divorced with his wife
Chat before Sleep
Xmas, countdown for new year
cecic0125

Postby MengciYang » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:47 am

After seeing this classic romantic movie, I have to sigh with emotion with the magic of love. Sometimes it's difficult to find the true love on your side and people always complain about it, but actually, it was there.

Just like the story in this movie, Sally and Harry dislike each other when they first met and even had some arguments during the trip to New York, but a few years later, when they met again and got closer, they started becoming friends. As time goes by, they rely on each other, care about each other, and finally fall in love with each other. At the beginning, they didn't realize that they are actually a perfect couple, which is also the best part of this romantic story.

What's more, to be honest, I kind of agree with Harry's philosophy about love and friendship between men and women. In my opinion, it is the attractiveness that brings men and women together, and when they get along with each other, they decide what kind of relationship with what to keep with that person. So maybe Harry's philosophy is a little bit extreme, the nature of the sexual relationship is derived from the attractiveness and appreciation.

All in all, it's an interesting movie and everyone shouldn't miss it.

Mengci Yang
MengciYang

Postby Kiki » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:48 pm

Q1. When Sally and Harry first meet, how do they feel about each other?
Harry went to the college at New York, and Sally carried him to there so they met each other. At the first meet, both they felt they will not fall in love with each other.

Q2. What is Harry's philosophy about love and friendship? Do you agree with it?
Harry’s philosophy about love and friendship is boys and girls do not have a simple friend relationship. I not agree his opinion because boys and girls are not only “sex,” but also can only be a simple friend relationship.

Q3. How do Harry and Sally go from friendship to romance?
They are easy to meet each other wherever, they started to talk on the phone every night before they sleep, and spent a lot of time to each other. Slowly they found each other are very important.

Q4. Write a summary/setup of WHEN HARRY MET SALLY.
Drive to New York.
5 years later, they meet each other at airport.
Another 5 years later, they meet each other at a book store.
They make a sex so they become very embarrassing.
After three months, they quarrel at friend’s wedding.
In New Year’s Eve, They kiss and marry three months later.

Kiki
Kiki

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:14 pm

On Friday we watched a movie, but because I was sick, I did not see it in class, but I watched the movie this afternoon. The film tells the story of a man and a woman's love story. In the film, Harry thought there would be no simple friendship between men and women. But the sally does not think so. They started to hate each other, but after a period of contact, they became very close friends.

They introduce couples to each other. One day, the sally got the news of the ex-boyfriend who would marry. She was so sad. Harry helped her leave sad. They have sex. After they see each other are very embarrassing. In the New Year, Harry felt that he liked the sally and he went to her.Finally they live happily together. In my point, if two people like each other, must be together, if there is trouble to stop them together, be sure to overcome the trouble, this love will be long. Believe in your lover.
Eric

Postby NianxueMai » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:24 pm

1. When Sally and Harry first meet, how do they feel about each other?
Sally felt his psychological dark, speech extreme, every time she was angry. Therefore, Sally felt so bad. She said that she doesn’t want to talk with him, but she always talks with him.
Harry doesn’t care about Sally’s any things.

2. What is Harry’s philosophy about love and friendship? Do you agree with it?
Harry that all men cannot be with a woman as a simple friend. Every man is close to a woman because of want to have sex.

3. How do Harry and Sally go from friendship to romance?
After a long time, from mutual care, to mutual support, and finally become lovers

4. Write a summary/setup of WHEN HARRY MET SALLY.
I think, when a heterosexual perennial is accompanied by you, to accompany you happy, not happy, the two are easy to eventually fall into love
NianxueMai

Postby bernie10723 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:09 pm

When Harry met Sally first time, they didn’t like each other. It is because Harry thought Sally is too stubborn to enjoy life. And Sally didn’t agree with what Harry said, she had different opinions about the relationship between male and female.
Harry thought there is no friendship between male and female if a man want to sex with a woman. I think this statement is interesting, however, I cannot agree with it.

Few years later, both of them broke up with their ex-lovers. Because they have same situation, they were close to each other. However, they didn’t know they fall in love with each other. Until one day, Sally feel upset about her ex-boyfriend’s wedding, then Harry had sex with Sally due to he wanted to make Sally feel better.
After the sex, they had a bitter quarrel. Because Sally thought the reason that Harry sexed with her is compassion.

In the end, Harry told Sally what he thought, and Sally forgive him. Actually, I don’t like this ending. It’s a little banal. However, the script is still great. I pretty enjoy watching this movie.

Yu-Chen Tseng
bernie10723

Postby Victoria Zhang » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:09 pm

Honestly, I do like this film. This romance is not a cliche that could been applied to every hero and heroine, but a story that is realistic. In my opinion, Harry and Sally are representatives of many of us in real life. To Harry's opinion about friendship, though I don't really agree with, but many of my male friends say that it is reasonable. Man and woman can hardly be in good friendship, the only way, perhaps is one of them is not interested in another, and both of them make effort to segregate their romantic lives clearly from the friendship.

The best part I like through out the story is that the timeline goes from the very beginning of they met, to the very end of they turn to the romance relationship. It does not follow the timeline as regular film do, that is collect the plots into a short timeline, to make stories happens in a short time. This film, however, follow a natural timeline that last for 12 years long, which makes the story real, just like it happens around us from an old fellow's own experience.

In the end, two of them finally get into their romantic relationship that they should have start a long time ago, but if it happened at anytime that they don't know each other well, the story can't be a happy ending.

Victoria Yunayuan Zhang
07/13/17
Victoria Zhang

Postby Cynthia » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:27 pm

The film expresses a lot of ideas and ideas about gender differences. Young childish and extreme, love fantasy and burst, once the sea after the despair and helpless. For me, this film does not have nothing to do with death, but for friends who have had love or marriage experience, you can always in this way, that scene, or casually in a line to find a resonance. Love here is to wash the lead after the return of China, is the feet, the sense of real feelings. I personally feel that male and female actors in the feelings of the pain when the pain, the performance is in place, real, natural, people feel the same. There are many interesting topics in the film, the actor at the beginning of the film, that there is no real friendship between men and women, no man and his charming woman to become friends, he always wanted to have a relationship with her, Even if she does not want to no avail, because sex already exists, friendship is destined to be shattered.
Cynthia

Postby Mika Osawa » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:44 pm

I enjoyed watching this movie and thought about relationships between men and women.

Harry said that there was no friendship between men and women, and Sally told him that she could be friends with men. They think that their opinions conflict with each other and don't match each other.

Harry's philosophy about love and friendship is that men and women cannot have friendships because of sex. For him, women always become an object of love. I don't agree with him because I think that gender doesn't matter in friendships.

Harry and Sally become friends and they naturally hang out together many times. The topic of their conversation is mostly romance of each other. One time they realize that they love each other and become lovers.

In 1977, Harry and Sally went to New York by car together.
Five years passed and they met in the airport.
Another five years passed and they met again at the book store and went out together.
Then they had a sexual relationship.
In New Year Eve's night, Harry ran to Sally and they became lovers.
Mika Osawa

Next

Return to Movie Reports