[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - THE INTERNSHIP

THE INTERNSHIP

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

THE INTERNSHIP

Postby maikuu » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:26 pm

Thanks. --mike :arrow:http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com[/size]

ClassShot.jpg
ClassShot.jpg (166.26 KiB) Viewed 8451 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: THE INTERNSHIP

Postby Xianyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Nick and Billy have many sales skill[s], based on their work experience they can offer different ideas for their group maybe can inspire the imagination of their colleagues, bring inspiration.

And they believe in each other so deeply, perhaps can influence other people, make them more United.

teacher's note: Good ideas. I'd like to see a little more from this author. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :o
Xianyan

Postby sious24 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:37 am

Based on the film, describe the culture of GOOGLE
If I describe the culture of GOOGLE in one word, that would be "autonomy." I think GOOGLE gives individuals maximum autonomy. Each Googler can choose the time, places and methods freely, but one thing people should not forget is that they require decent outcomes. They guarantee the autonomy, but indivisuals should repay with good results

How do Nick (Owen Wilson) and Billy (Vince Vaughn) use their selling skills to help their team succeed?
Nick and Billy showed their capacity to read customer's mind at last challenge, and they have a talent to persuade people. Consequently they succeeded to convince the owner of pizza place and to get the advertisement. Also, Nick and Billy are good at encouraging people. That made separated team member to work together.

Would you like to work at GOOGLE? Why or why not?
Absolutely I'd like to work at GOOGLE, but I don't want to change my major. I'd like to work in a field related to my major. I love to see the patients. Also, I know I can do this job the most unless I'm born again. Most companies has a place to treat not serious medical illness. Does GOOGLE have that facilities?
sious24

Postby Koichi Matsuura » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:20 pm

Q:Based on the film, describe the culture of GOOGLE.
A:The culture of Google which this movie wants to describe is teamwork. This is what I thought through the movie. If people who don't have sufficient knowledge to acquire the job at Google could encourage others to help each other for beyond their potential, they would give great impressions to Google. On the other hand, if people who have graduated from famous universities,and have good enough capabilities to acquire the job at Google did not care about others, Google would not require them. Teamwork is one of the most significant skills which people achieve their goals in workplaces. Nick and Billy have it, but Graham does not. I think not only do people ogle in the internet, but also Google ogles interns who become the employee to bring something new.

Q:How do Nick and Billy use their selling skills to help their team succeed?
A:I think they could understand what the owner of pizza restaurant thought about because of their experiences. Also, they tried to get rid of the owner's worries together seriously while they were talking, so they could get the owner's reliance. Before Nick and Billy caught up other members, others tried to convince the owner with difficult words which interns only understood. It was not good ways to persuade people because it would not have any means if opponents did not understand what speakers talk about. Therefore, speakers must not use difficult words which opponents do not understand, and try to speak and listen conscientiously. I think Nick and Billy could convince people with appropriate ways which I have mentioned. That is why their team could succeed.

Q:Would you like to work at Google? Why or why not?
A:I would like to work at Google absolutely, if I could because employees who work at Google has been trying to improve the world in better ways. Also, I think they do not have any biases to hire employees and to accept new ideas. If I worked there, I would face many situations which the world changes. Unfortunately, I am not good at using the internet, and not interested in this field. Also, I have a dream rather than working at Google. My dream can not come true even if I am an expert of Gmail, so I am totally fine to ogle something in the interest like usual. I just want to use Google rather than working there.
Koichi Matsuura

Postby NasserNaji » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:57 pm

I would like to describe the culture of Google as very smart. They work hard to change the world. Nick and billy used out of the box ideas to help their team succeed. They were humorous and tried to make selling as much fun as possible. Also, they were older than others so they had more knowledge and experience. Yes, I would definitely like to work at Google because it would be great experience. I am also reading a book right now, called 'Are You Smart Enough to Work at Google', which is making me want to find a more Google-friendly major so I can work there in the near future.
NasserNaji

Postby Saud » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:26 pm

Based on the film, describe the culture of GOOGLE.
I think Google culture depends on work as team and create new things to improve this company

How do Nick (Owen Wilson) and Billy (Vince Vaughn) use their selling skills to help their team succeed?
they tried to use their experience as a marketing to market to get a good leasing

Would you like to work at GOOGLE? Why or why not?
Of course, everyone wants to work in one of the biggest company in the world

Write a setup/opinion of THE INTERNSHIP. Please don't reveal the ending.
Don't give up just try your best maybe you will do it in someday
Saud

Postby Renadalsa » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:33 pm

google's culture is different than any other companies in many ways. the work environment, the way they choose their employee, the group work.

sometimes you have to face difficulties to acknowledge your abilities, that's what happened when Billy and Nick tried their best and worked hard to prove that they were credible to be part of google community.

I think the main goal of the movie and what they want to deliver is "resistance is the key to prosper", no matter how difficult it is, no matter how long time it may take, no matter how many people are pushing you down, if you believe in yourself you can reach your dreams, goals, and aims.
Renadalsa

Postby Hramadha » Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:34 am

The internship was a really good movie which had many interesting aspects to it. I especially appreciated the positive attitude of Nick and Billy. I think the movie's main message is connected to Nick and Billy's positive attitude. Throughout the whole movie, in almost every scene they kept a very optimistic attitude towards their goals, dreams and life in general. Even though almost all the odds were working against them and they had almost nothing going for them, they managed to find something positive in their circumstances and focus on it and believe in themselves to accomplish whatever they set out to accomplish.
\
Whether it be to get the job at google or accomplishing any of the challenges at google which they had absolutely no experience with, they always gave their best effort with optimism, and I think the ending of the movie was the final and ultimate proof of the message to show us (the viewers) how powerful a positive outlook on life can turn even the worst odds in our circumstances to work for us and actually get us the things we want in life.

In conclusion, while this movie is a really funny one and the main two characters seem to be childish to most people, I see it from a view point where it actually is telling us that we have to loosen up in life and not take everything so intensely serious, even if they are important, we can manage to actually enjoy ourselves while trying to achieve our goals if we have the right attitude.
Hramadha

Postby mingtzuh » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:53 pm

The Google is a really free company, and it's a bountiful company. Because if you are a employee, you buy coffee, dessert and fruit, they are all free. Nicky and Billy really communicate with the store owner very well, and let the owner to trust their team's project. If I have nay engineering ability and background I would like to. Because the Google is the most famous website system company, if I can work in there this is so great.
mingtzuh

Return to Movie Reports