[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

Postby maikuu » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:41 pm

Thanks, --mike http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com[/size]

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

Postby Koichi Matsuura » Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:10 pm

Q:Describe how 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY predicts today's future. Is it accurate?
A:I don't think it's accurate because people can't still stay on the moon and Jupiter as well. In 1969, Neil Armstrong became the first person who landed on the moon. This movie came out in 1968, so I think the director of this movie really believed people might be staying on the moon, and be able to travel around the space about 40 years later.

Unfortunately, it hasn't happened yet. Also, no one has even landed on the moon for over 40 years after Neil Armstrong had landed. I'm really not sure, but some people believe the chosen people have already lived on the moon or prepared to move in the moon. It's just mysterious stories though. I hope we can feel free to go to the space one day.

Q:How do the special effects in 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY compare with today's CGI effects?
A:Honestly, I know nothing about exactly what CGI is, but I simply felt this movie did not look like 1968's movies. Which means, it was not boring and odd to watch for me. I mean I'd thought old movies are boring, and seem like funny. It's bias though. For example, Yoda, who is a character in the old Star Wars series, looks like just a doll. It was funny to see for me.

Anyway, I'd had biases for old movies until I watched this movie. After I watched this movie, my thoughts were completely changed. Also, this movie is older than Star Wars and Star Trek, so I think this movie might give a lot of significant influences to other movies. Also, I realized that one of the space shuttles, used to move to a one area of moon, looked almost same as the space shuttle, described in Dragon Ball Z, one of the famous Japanese comics. When three characters would go to the other planets, they used it. That's why I think not only did this movie influence to other movies, but also, it's influenced many stories which is related to the space.
Koichi Matsuura

Postby sious24 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:49 pm

Describe how 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY predicts today's future. Is it accurate?
While I was watching the movie, I wondered which one was first, landing on the moon or the movie. I thought that the earth in movie doesn't look like the real one I know during watching the movie. I searched the order of time, and I got to know the amazing fact. Apollo 11 landed on the moon in 1969, but the movie was made in 1968. I was surprised at that Stanley Kubrick made it 1 year before feats of Apollo 11. I guess he didn't have enough materials to describe the universe at that time.

His imagination was really brilliant even though some of the appearances that the director described were less accurate. Many things he predicted - a video telephone with chipped card, space food, space shuttle and space station - got real and look very similar. Incidentally, I think It's the weak point to place the unnatural scenes not related to the main story in order to show off imagination for the future. I remember the scene to show how a stewardess move to another chamber with grip shoes. I think that scene was a little bit boring and too long. Even that scene was not associated with the flow of main story. That makes me think of this movie as documentary to introduce the life of the universe, not intriguing sci-fi movie.
sious24

Postby Saud » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:43 pm

How do the special effects in 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY compare with today's CGI effects?
I really interesting about the movie I thought it's not too much old as they produce.
I think it's easier today for scientists to study space odyssey than before

Write a summary/review of the Earth-to-Moon sequence of 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.
they describe how they live in their way to the moon how to eat and how spends their time.
Saud

Postby Xianyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:10 pm

In my opinion, this movie predicts most are accurate. The film was taken in 1968, for today's technology forecast a lot has been achieved. This is human creativity.

How do the special effects in 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY compare with today's CGI effects?
2001 special effects: a SPACE ODYSSEY, just probably show the director's imagination for the future, which cover most of the details with silence, compared to now, the gap exists in the decades of technological development.

Write a summary/review of the Earth-to-Moon sequence of 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY.
In this movie, at first, we saw the black monkey lift stone screen, what is the difference between the high and raised bones and the bony spacecraft? The dependence of humanity on the instrument is not compounded, on the other hand, humanity is enslaved by tools. Of course, modernity has revised the notion of humanity: human beings, while believing in science and technology, no longer regard technology as a tool, but as a final goal. The man has become a tool for science and technology. Humans are only trying to ban or even destroy themselves. Therefore the whole movie hardly has talking screen. It just has the sense of indifferent. All the scenery is so elegant but reveals a kind of indifference. We can find a clean layout are cool colors of the background put together the sporadic warm tone of the main body. Dialogue is also true.
Xianyan

Postby Hramadha » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:07 pm

I thought this was a pretty good movie for a movie from the 1960’s. I don’t think its prediction of the advancement of technology were as accurate about the future about 2001, because we have obviously passed 2001 and our technology still is not as advanced as the movie portrayed it to be. It is accurate to the degree that transportation and use of small devices and security devices are easier to communicate with, but it is not accurate to the sense that it has developed to the point where humans just relay completely on the machines.

For example, we do have the program “siri” in iPhones that follows our voice commands and responds with a programed command but it has limits and sometimes it is not accurate, but in the movie they have this machine in the space craft that claims to knows everything and that it has infinite intelligence and is not capable of error, we do not have such a machine in todays world. Overall a pretty nice movie if we were still in the 60's.
Hramadha

Return to Movie Reports