[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - THE FOUNDER

THE FOUNDER

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

THE FOUNDER

Postby maikuu » Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Attachments
StoreOpening copy.jpg
StoreOpening copy.jpg (193.15 KiB) Viewed 9360 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: THE FOUNDER

Postby Koichi Matsuura » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:11 pm

Q: What was it that made McDonald's so unique and successful?
A:In 1950's there were no fast food restaurants in the U.S. Of course, there were some hamburger stands, but its services were not as faster as modern restaurants. At that time, people who want to eat hamburgers would go to there by their cars. Also, they wouldn't need to get out a car, and go get their orders by themselves because there were many waitresses who wore roller skates would take an order, and bring customer's food one by one. Apparently, that system was an incredible idea, but it definitely wasn't. There were several problems - quickness, accuracy and cleanliness. Normally, it would take about 20 minutes until customers would get their orders, and sometimes, waitresses would bring wrong foods which customers wouldn't order.

At the beginning of the movie, Ray would get a wrong food, and a waitress would ignore his complaint. Also, the outside of the restaurant was so messed up because no ones would tidy it up, and many teenagers would gather there. Hamburger stands were the place where teenagers would hang out. Consequently, many people wouldn't have good impression of hamburger restaurants. On the other hand, the McDonald brother, who was the actual founders of McDonald's, had created an outstanding fast food restaurant.

At first, they had decided to figure out how they could provide their hamburgers to customers as fast as possible. They had been thinking it for about 6hours in a tennis court until they would come up a perfect idea which was the Speedy System. Also, they decided to provide only hamburgers, fries and sodas. They would just focus on making those three menus. Reducing menus would lead to provide foods faster than others. Therefore, they could have provided hamburgers to customers within 30 seconds after they would take an order. In addition, they would enforce customers to get out a car, and take an order by themselves at cashing machines. It wouldn't need to hire waitresses, so it would lead to reduce many costs of human resources, and taking an order at cashing machines would lead to reduce mistakes.

However, customers could not totally have understood why they have to get out a car, and take an order by themselves. It would take time though people would be used to it gradually, and they would realize that system was better than an old one. Finally, they could have solved the biggest problem which was cleanness. They would just decide to keep cleaning up the outside of the store. It was the only way to keep cleanness though it would lead not to gather teenagers,and to gather many families.

At that time, people would think hamburger restaurants were not an accurate place where stop by with family because there were many teenagers, and not clean enough; however, McDonald brother had completely changed that bad images. McDonald's would become the place where families eat hamburgers at the outside. It was able to see many smiles at the outside of McDonald's. When Ray had seen McDonald's at the first time, he might have thought it would be the best fast food restaurant one day.

Q: Write an opinion of The Founder
A:Ray Kroc, who is called " The founder of McDonald's," had been believing one principle in his whole life. It is "persistence." At beginning of the movie, he was just a salesman of milkshake machines; however, he would be a CEO of McDonald's corporation eventually. I think the biggest reason why he could have been a successful person is he had been keeping his principle in his mind always.

Although being persistent is one of the hardest actions in our life, it is the nearest way of becoming a successful person. Ray Kroc would not give up even though he would face numerous tough problems through the progress. He would just persist his dream until he would achieve it. Otherwise, he could not have been the owner of one of the most famous fast food restaurants in the world. Also, he said that nothing takes a place of persistence. Which means, he believed persistence is the most important creed to accomplish his dream. Nothing exceeds it. Unless people have a mind of persistence, they are hard to succeed as Ray.

I think I could have learned the important idea how people become a successful person from this movie. I highly recommend this movie for others who have not watched yet. Perhaps, you can learn something important from Ray.

teacher's note: Thank you, author, for writing an amazing, in-depth assessment of "The Founder, starring Michael Keaton. I like how this author summarizes the historical context of what made McDonald's so successful. I also like how he explains what makes Ray Kroc an example and possible role model of successful business endeavor in a cutthroat world. I wonder what this author thinks of the movie itself. Does it hold up as entertainment? Does it present both Ray Kroc and the McDonald brothers fairly? As biopics go, does "The Founder" remain true to the historical facts? Thanks for posting!

--mike laib :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :geek:
Koichi Matsuura

Postby Saud » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:05 pm

What was it that made McDonald's so unique and successful?
I think it is first fast food restaurant in the world Combines between quality and less price. Mc Donalds get Satisfy from all customers from all world. He has a good service you can eat your meal inside or outside. there are many branches in each street and you don't have to look for one. Mc Donalds will find you.

Write a setup/opinion of THE FOUNDER
I felt interesting about Mc Donald's story. I didn't know It establishes like that stolen name Mc Donalds from real owners. How can he convince them to work with him until he buys the land they work on it. Then he takes Mc Donald's name from them by 2 million Dollars.

I like the first branch from Mc Donalds and I went there next day to see it. I was curious about first branch design. Its really good experience for me.

teacher's note: This author actually drove out to San Bernardino to see for himself the first McDonald's. This is the kind of persistence that Ray Kroc would admire. Pop quiz time: Why is the photo reversed? Ah, you know the answer. It's a selfie! Nice work, author!

--mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :roll:

Saud

Postby Xianyan » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:19 pm

At the first of this movie, the Ray Kroc only is a milkshake mixer salesman, using the "chicken egg chicken" example is the first to increase production efficiency to convince their customer, to increase production and sales. However, during his sale experience, the American street burgers, which the restaurant's service was not very efficient. At that time, the American restaurant industry did not have the concept of takeaway. When he visited McDonald's production line, and invite McDonald's two brothers to have dinner together to understand their entrepreneurial process, he was deeply attracted, and excited, this is a restaurant in so many years in the restaurant industry did not encounter. In this way, Ray joined McDonald's, became a franchise.

The most significant difference between Ray and McDonald's two brothers is their goals and action. For McDonald's two brothers, they only want to have a restaurant; you can be customers like to be profitable, they achieved. But for Ray, he wants more than that, he wants to let it open from small places to big cities, all over the United States, and may all over the world.

In Ray's words, he wants the name "McDonald's," just as he loves McDonald's golden arches LOGO; he feels they are unique, there is an excellent symbolic mean. When Ray established his career kingdom, he received a lot of help, and that support was necessary, but only as part of his success. The most important thing was Ray’s adherence and decision.

"There is nothing in the world that can be used to hold on. Talent will not; nothing is more talented than a man without success. Genius is not shameless genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of education abandoned." Although this is not Ray Kroc original made, through the whole movies Ray use this to encourage himself. Mc Donald's success was proving this sentence. It is not only the business, but it is the most important thing to do anything, keep up and make right decisions. Always admired people who can have the spirit of self-discipline, whether they are doing big things or small things, self-discipline and adherence is the definition of success.
Xianyan

Postby sious24 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:22 pm

What were some of the problems and solutions Ray Kroc faced in building the franchise?
Only a short while after beginning the franchise, Ray Kroc faced lack of funds. One reason is that he spent a lot of money in storage of icecream consumed in milkshake. He already mortgaged his own house. Also, his wife got to notice that. He solved these problems in two ways. While asking bankers to defer the date to pay back, he got to meet a man who would help Ray in the future. Ray showed him records with incomes and outcomes of his company, and he recommended to invest the land. That enabled Ray to have more fluent flow of funds and control franchisees easily. Another way is using an instant mix instead of real milk and icecream. He could also save money spent in maintaining the refregerators, but he ended up breaking up with McDonald brothers for this incident.

Write a setup/opinion of THE FOUNDER.
I expected the brilliant story about McDonald's founder. I don't know which one is true or not, but according to movies, It is likely true that he broke up with McDonald brothers in bad manner. One thing I thought while watching the movie is why Dick and Mac could not succeed. I think Building up one well-made store is quite different from expanding the business. Ray Kroc had that ability, but brothers did not. Also, it has been always trends. Sticking their own standards could not be compatible with trends at that time. Nowadays not compromising with reality such as not using an instant mix in their foods could be highly evaluated. It is a shame that brothers who had strict standards could not succeed and lost their own name - McDonald's. Incidentally, I wonder why Ray Kroc couldn't succeed before he met McDonald brothers.
sious24

Postby Renadalsa » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 pm

What was it that made McDonald's so unique and successful?
McDonald's burger tastes like any other burger but, what made it stands out is how ray has controlled the quality in each branch, it's not easy as it may seem to franchise especially in the past, with no internet, no emails. They had to deal with all the difficulties to prosper.I believe that ray was not reliable to give him the permission to franchise even though, he was successful making Macdonalds an authentic name worldwide.

Write a setup/opinion of THE FOUNDER.
Actually, I thought it was boring in the beginning.Then, I was excited to see how it'll go.
Renadalsa

Postby Hramadha » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:53 pm

This movie was actually better then I had expected. I enjoyed it very much for a specific reason, and that is that it really talks to us about success, and what people really need to do in order to become successful in life, in terms of money. While there are many reasons why I do not agree with Ray Kroc’s way of achieving financial abundance because of moral reasons, I do respect the way he went about doing so. He represents the very few percentage of the population that has the ability to follow through with a single idea and become a world wide success because of it.

This aspect of the movie especially stood out to me when Ray was having a hard time in his life not selling his shakers; in the scene where he was at home listening to “The Power of the Positive” talk about how effective persistence can be. When this scene came up I became really interested in the movie.

I watched with great anticipation as to what Ray was doing throughout the movie to achieve his goal because I have a keen interest in studying why some people become successful in life and why others fail. I have come to the firm conclusion that all is needed to truly achieve a goal in life, no matter how big or small is persistence towards a clearly defined goal. This movie got right to the heart of that topic and was even more evident in Ray’s final speech in the movie when he practically said that “The reason why he became such a big success was because of one word; persistence.” I think this movie teaches us a great lesson in life to keep persevering towards success no matter how many "No's" you get.
Hramadha

Postby mingtzuh » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:10 pm

They have the same dream and direction. And the brothers have courage to trust Ray can let their restaurant to change. The economy problem. The cost of the food material is too large. To terminate the contract, purchase property rights, and take 1% of the annual income as royalties.
mingtzuh

Postby hnb99 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:19 pm

Mcdonalds unique style of serving as one of the first fast food restaurants while still maintaining great taste put them up to be the top grossing fast food restaurant in the world.
It was quite interesting seeing how Mcdonalds was built. i enjoyed the movie since it was very informative and entertaining.
hnb99

Return to Movie Reports