[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - V FOR VENDETTA

V FOR VENDETTA

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

V FOR VENDETTA

Postby maikuu » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:48 pm

:x :P :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :shock: :ugeek: :ugeek: :geek: [/size]

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: V FOR VENDETTA

Postby Hramadha » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 pm

This is one of my favorite movies because there is so much meaning behind it. I honesty think that this movie uses a lot of symbolism to talk to us about how much the world is changing and how most people are oblivious to whats happening around them.

The relationship between V and Evey is rather very complex, in my opinion it is based on trust and is a very strong relationship. Evey has needed V to help her find her purpose in life while V needed Evey to realize what he has become by planning his vendetta against his enemies. However, I do not think that V's actions are justifiable because while he was going after the people who were involved in his persecution he was also harming and killing many others who were innocent.

The whole idea of the movie is to show us that we need to open are eyes more to what some of the government of the world are doing, and not to just conform to what they want us to do is a great idea. Also the whole plot that the person who gets mistreated by his or her government should seek vengeance towards them, really highlights the significance of freedom in our societies today, which I think is one of the most exciting topics a movie could be based on.
Hramadha

Postby sious24 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:00 pm

Is V justified in his actions? Why or why not?
V committed a lot of murder in process to protest against the government. Sometimes someone says that murder is a sin which has never been forgiven. That is true when we look at everything in a perspective of moral textbook. In such a point of view, even Dwight David Eisenhower, who was general commander in WWII and planned the Normandy invasion, should be blamed. However, no one has criticized him for murderer. Naturally, we should not commit murder.

Nevertheless, we could find inevitable moment to kill somebody when we look at it in human history. I think the case of V is the same as this. Namely, V committed murder unavoidably as well. One thing important is that if he killed only concerned people. If he had killed people not concerned to the evil government, he should have been blamed. Also, I'd like to focus on intention. What is that action for? I think the action of V is a part of the revolution to finish the government. Accordingly, I think the action of V could be justified.
sious24

Postby Xianyan » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:01 pm

The beginning of the story took place on a quiet night, a man and a woman met each other in the traditional old-fashioned plot, the hero to save the beauty. Later coincidence, Evny was involved in the V revenge plan.

In my opinion, V is the most graceful killer, geek, warrior and avenger in this world. He is familiar with Shakespeare, loves Tchaikovsky, knows how to cook, nostalgic, uses singing machine to play old songs. The story of the time happened around 204

0, London. That is the worst of times, the whole of England is under the control of harsh power,surrounded by sensors and surveillance systems, people are silent and obedient. V was twenty years ago, the government's viral biological weapons development, the use of living test products, the only survivors. And the object of his revenge is an era - orderly gray dead age, in that time which the people who are homosexuals, pagans, political militants will be arrested and executed. Love is forbearing and lonely.

Evny and V 's love does not have too many physical contacts, from beginning to end of this movie, they just dance a song, and there is a kiss, on the mask.
Even, she did not know what he looks likes. Evny said to V “I do not understand why I know nothing about you, and you are the most important thing in my life.”
Maybe there are too many people in this world without a mask, but in other ways to cover up their own, but only the man, wearing a mask, but open his soul. His beautiful dark old soul.

At the end of the story, the roses around V, and Evny completed the final step of his revenge plan.
Xianyan

Postby Saud » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:55 am

I really like this movie it talks about the revenge of what happens in 5th Nov. V thinks the government or some people work on it evil and have relation to this incident.

Summarize the rather complex relationship between V and Evey.
I think V feels lonely and want to talk with someone.

Why does the government become so tyrannical?
I don't know

Is V justified in his actions? Why or why not?
I think yes because he becomes ready to kill anyone to get his purpose with no mercy about folk

Write a summary/setup of V FOR VENDETTA.
I didn't know what is a relation between him and incident in 5th of Nov.
Saud

Postby Koichi Matsuura » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:05 pm

Q:Why does the government become so tyrannical?
A:The time line of this movie is after the horrible epidemic. At that time, some people who join the government in the present time would find a cure. Then, they would help their citizens, and rule the country even though they would hide to do illegal studies. After that's, people who belong to the government are able to have strong power as they can do you anything they want when they show a badge of the government members. At the very beginning of a movie, a couple of members of the government would show their badge to V, but V would just knock them out. Also, why the government can keep their administration is that they keep pretending to broadcast wrong news to their citizens. It is kind of an indoctrination. Eventually, almost all of citizens are aware of lies of the government. Then, it leads to a huge demo. In addition, around ending of a movie, the badge which members of the government have is meaningless because of V's actions.

Q:Is V justified in his actions? Why or why not?
A:I think he is justified his actions because he is able to encourage people to resist to the evil government. Even though the way he has been doing is just a personal revenge for him, he can reveal compliments of all citizens, so his all actions is not meaningless. Which means that it is able to justify in him. Also, why many people cooperate his actions is that citizens think the government is wrong, and V is right. For this reasons, I think V is totally justified in his actions.
Koichi Matsuura

Postby mingtzuh » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:34 pm

In the beginning it was really shock, the firework and the mask. Evey was a victim by some Fingermen's team members bullying, and at the that time the V was save her. And the Evey love to the V. They want to catch the V. I think no. Because he just want[s] to satisfy himself then to hurt the human.
mingtzuh

Postby Renadalsa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:10 pm

it was the first time for me watching this movie. i was excited to watch it because everyone keep telling me to watch it.

his process of the revenge was really complicated in a way he can got his revenge from each person

his love towards evey was so pure that his heart was full of hate but she was the only one that he did not want to get heart because of him.
Renadalsa

Return to Movie Reports