[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - WITHOUT A PADDLE

WITHOUT A PADDLE

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

WITHOUT A PADDLE

Postby maikuu » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:18 pm

FlowerButterfflyAndTheGuys.jpg
FlowerButterfflyAndTheGuys.jpg (48.54 KiB) Viewed 7521 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: WITHOUT A PADDLE

Postby sious24 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Why do Tom, Dan, and Jerry decide to look for D. B. Cooper's money??
The goal of their adventure is not looking for the money. Three friends have already grown up, and they are in situations that they should worry about the real life. In other words, they no longer have something to work with, so I guess they wanted to have a chance which could be last to be with each other.

Who is Del Knox?
I think he is one of D. B. Cooper's friends or colleagues. That is the reason why he have waited for D. B. Cooper for a while.

Describe your favorite funny moment, and your favorite character (Del Knox, Flower, Butterfly, Elwood, Dennis, Tom, Dan, and Jerry).
The funny moment I remember is a scene that they met the wild bear. They turned around, ran away and climbed a tree. I learned the fact in Yosemite national park that wild bears are athletes of running and climbing. They can run almost 35 mph. As a result, it means death to face wild bears by chance during hiking. In Korea, there is a traditional story about a man who met a bear. He could survive because he pretended to be dead. Anyway, both Korean traditional story and this movie are not totally true about wild bears. Because this is just movie, that would be possible. :)
sious24

Postby Koichi Matsuura » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:05 pm

The reason why they decide to look for D.B. Cooper’s money is Billy, their best friend, passed away. Billy had been looking for D.B.’s money before he was dead by an accident. Then, Jerry would think he wants to come true Billy’s dream which is finding D.B.’s money. Therefore, Jerry, Tom and Dan decide tofind D.B.’s money for Billy.

To be honest, I had not known this movie before I would watch it in the class. Also, I don’t think this movie would come out in Japan because this movie is not famous enough. Although this movie is not familiar with many people, I like it. Actually, I have been watching this kind of movies which are B movies of comedy. In addition, I like watching B movies of comedy a lot.

Not only have I been watching this genre of movies, but also I like understanding what movies want to tell us. Almost all B movies look cheaper and more silly than famous movies, but those movies have deep meanings to want to tell audiences. For instance, “Without a Paddle”wants to tell us what treasure is for a human being. It is not money. It is just being alive.

Jerry, Tom and Dan guess that D.B. Cooper might have used his all money to make a fire. Which means being alive is more important than having a lot of money. Nothing can replace being alive. D.B. Cooper might have realized what the most important treasure is for him before he was dead. I don’t know if he passed away or not though.
Koichi Matsuura

Postby Xianyan » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:29 pm

The movie <<with out a paddle>>, the story start from the four men whose friendship had built when they were young kids. Tom, Jerry, Dan, Billy, they are good friends in their childhood, all of them love doing adventure, finding treasure, and doing exciting activities. They maintain their friendship after they were grown up.

However, there has a bad news that Billy dead by accident in his journey. Three old folks reunited again at the funeral, all of them have their troubles in their life. After funeral,they returned to childhood tree house, found Billy left their "treasure map." Billy wonderful travel experience attract them.

Therefore the three decided to follow the map to complete the childhood dream immediately.In the journey of search DB Copper's treasures, there have encountered many thrilling things, also had met the kindness to help them. Along the way adventure experience, three of them had a new understanding of life. It is not essential to find the treasure is not crucial, it is vital that this experience has brought them the courage to start their lives again.

Although the film tells a story about friendship, the story about the treasure hunt comedy. But through this movie, I also see a lot of things, love, trust, travel, responsibility. The film with a humorous way to tell the story at the same time, it also teaches us to learn to enjoy the moment, to courage us to face the future.
Xianyan

Return to Movie Reports