[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - PLANES

PLANES

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

PLANES

Postby maikuu » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:29 am

:roll: :lol: :cry: :evil: :o :o :o :D :lol: :D :lol: :mrgreen:
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: PLANES

Postby RebeccaL » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:26 pm

What is Dusty's greatest fear and why?
PLANES is a wonderful animation movie. In this movie, Dusty feared flying in very high place. Because Dusty feared about high height and felt dizzy when he flied in high place. And this was bad for a plane to race.

Of all the planes in PLANES, which is your favorite?
My favorite plane in this movie is Dusty's teacher, Skipper. Skipper trusted Dusty and trained Dusty. Thus, Dusty had ability to do what he want. Even when Dusty felt disappointment about Skipper, Skipper wanted to help Dusty.

How does Dusty change during the course of PLANES?
At first, Dusty doubted if he could fly fast as other planes. During the competition, Dusty trusted that he can do better than others. Besides, Dusty feared staying in high place and it was really bad for him to race. Finally, in a important and dangerous part of competition, Dusty overcame this problem.

My opinion of PLANES
I will recommend this movie to all of children in my family. PLANES is a great movie for teaching children and telling them that they can do well, no matter who they are. PLANES is a beautiful Disney movie. I admire Dusty' s courage. Dusty had courage of being the person he wanted to be. I learnt a lot from Dusty. I should be who I want to be and never give up.
RebeccaL

Postby sious24 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:38 pm

My favorite plane doesn't play a role as a main character. To be honest, I don't like a light aircraft with propellers, but a jet plane, especially fighters, so I was glad to see two fighters looking like F-18 Super Hornet. In Korea, a man without significant medical problems should do military service. I could not be exception as well. Fortunately, I did military service in the Air Force. What is better is that I did it in the air bases. Our bases was for training for student pilots, so we had one kind of trainer aircraft and two kinds of fighters.

At that time I was fascinated by the sound of landing and taking off. That could be just noise to someone, but not for me. I was given a chance to board fighters 4 times a year because I was a flight surgeon and I should be capable of understanding high altitude environment. Sometimes pilots would perform difficult flights to make me to feel dizziness and to throw up, but I didn't throw up at a first flight.

Boarding on fighters is quite different from boarding on passenger planes such as B-747, so most people get to feel dizziness and end up throwing up, so we flight surgeon would bring a plastic bag on us before boarding just in case. Maybe they would have been surprised at that I didn't throw up. I remember pilots called me "a battle flight surgeon."

Incidentally, One day, I remember it was a period of joint military training between the ROKAF and the USAF, two F-18 fighters visited our base at night. I was riding a bicycle around our base for daily exercise at that time. I remember I heard a different plane sound from ordinary ours and saw the fighters landing on our runway from a distance. I didn't leave that place for almost 2 hours, and I looked at the fighters taking off and returning to their base again. The next day, I heard that the fighters flew from the US aircraft carrier near Japan. It was amazing. Anyway this is the reason why I like F-18 character in this movie.
sious24

Postby gundoo moon » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:49 pm

Out of all the planes, Dusty is my favorite.Because, he is made as a crop duster and even has a fear of height. However, he always dreams on being a racer. It seemed almost impossible to overcome a fear of height, but he made it with enormous effort and patience. In the process, Dusty shows good sportsmanship by saving another racer and helped his friends in many ways. Because of this, other planes that ignored him at first learned that he is rear racer. So, when Dusty almost had to gave up the game, he overcome the crisis with the aid of other planes. In this regard, Dusty is the most memorable and impressive plane.
gundoo moon

Postby HamadAlRamadhan » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:17 pm

my favorite plane is Skipper. His character evolved dramatically in 90 minutes from a sad plane who had dealt with a lot failure and trauma that made him basically paralyzed and incapable of flying the only thing a plane can do. He managed to train and monitor a pupil, Dusty Crophopper.

Dusty's worst fear has to be heights because he's a farming plane. Flying low is the only thing he's done his whole life. But when a challenge arrives that is greater than yourself, one has to overcome himself to be who he wants to be, in the case of dusty its winning.

The movie was alright, El Chupacabra is what I hope planes 2 is all about.

Teacher's note: I love Chupacabra. He is a cool looking plane, but he also has a lot of spirit along with a good heart.

--mike http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :lol:
HamadAlRamadhan

Postby hnb99 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:59 pm

Personally, i enjoyed planes very much as I haven’t watched a Pixar movie in a long time.
Dustys greatest fear was heights
Dusty changes “physically” since he got new gear from his rivals in the race
hnb99

Postby Doha » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:40 am

He was a fead of ricing in height because he was created to be a crop duster and when he went up, he felt dizzy. :shock:

I really like dusty's rather than others plant because you see how he change during the race

How does Dusty change during the course of PLANES?
He faced a lot of emotion during the race and who he become stronger and have a lot of experience.

Write a setup/opinion of PLANES.
I enjoyed when I watched this move. I felt I am a kid and I really want dusty to win :lol:
Doha

Postby Alanood19d » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:50 am

He was Terrified from the idea of flying, because he knew that he wasn’t build for flying and he might lose the race.

Dusty was my favorite, because I liked his insistence to change other impressions about him. And how did he believe in himself till the end.
Write a setup/opinion of PLANES.
It was a great and funny movie, I liked the all the characters.
Alanood19d

Postby Hramadha » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:19 am

I honestly did enjoy this movie, surprisingly. It was better than i expected. plus, it was really educational. I believe that this movie teaches us to follow our passions, and to follow our dreams. it illustrates that even wen things are hard in life, anyone is capable to achieve anything thy want as long as they set their mind to, even if all the circumstances work against them, and if most people around them neglect and don't believe in them. it is really inspirational.
Hramadha

Return to Movie Reports