[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - CONTAGION

CONTAGION

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

CONTAGION

Postby LeoE » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:06 pm

I hope you have enjoyed CONTAGION, a thriller about a deadly (and realistic) flu epidemic.

Please write in your own words a few sentences using any or all of the following prompts:

1. Do you agree with Dr. Cheever's decision to tell his wife about the lockdown before the public? What would you do in his situation?
2. What do you think about the blogger Krumwiede (Jude Law)?
3. Do you think the situation of the virus spreading was handled well? What could be done differently to deal with the epidemic better?
4. What, if anything, should governments and/or people do to prepare for and prevent the possibility of an epidemic?

Please remember:
* You can respond to any or all the questions by clicking the "Post Reply" button below. DO NOT "Create New Topic".
* For full credit, you must respond to at least one question and to at least one classmate.
* Check for grammar, punctuation, and spelling before you POST/EDIT. Try to express your ideas clearly.
* Write in YOUR OWN WORDS.
LeoE

Re: CONTAGION

Postby j27085594 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:43 pm

Student Name: Chen, Zhijian

Question 3.

In my opinion, inorder to handle the virus spreading around the world, government should take an action and supporting the hospitals and board of health and medical bureau. This action needs lots of fund and human resources; and time requirement also need. On the other hand, isolated the illness people must be done it as soom as possible, because this Specific disease or virus can be carry around in your body and spreading by a person to another person.
So, What do you guys think of the best way to disminishing the epidemic? 8-)

Sincerely ,
j27085594

Postby Annieteng » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:01 am

student name: YU An, Teng
Question 1

I think everyone will protect their love first, especially about dead. However, Dr. Cheever is a public figure; he cannot tell his wife to lockdown before the public. Everyone has an equal right; all the people have right to know that, the virus will kill people and they need to the left.
If I am Dr. Cheever, I will tell my family to stay calm, don't go out, and wash your hand everytime you touch something.
Annieteng

Postby JaeYoonJung » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:53 pm

Student name: Jae Yoon Jung

Question 3.

Before answering this question, this movie is the most realistic movie, which is related to 'human disease', I ever had watched.
So, In my opinion, It was handled really well I think. People who were appeared in this movie did really well and they were by far tried to stop spreading this disease. And they managed to produce vaccines in order to save thousands of people's lives finally. Even though many people had died, people knew there was no any other method even better than others. What if experts couldn't produce vaccine faster than a movie? If so, more people would have died obviously but could we have blamed on it? I don't think so.

3. Do you think the situation of the virus spreading was handled well? What could be done differently to deal with the epidemic better?
JaeYoonJung

Postby Ruka » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:59 am

Student name: Ruka Noguchi

Question4
4. What, if anything, should governments and/or people do to prepare for and prevent the possibility of an epidemic?

I think governments should publish the fact to the world or countries. They must post an epidemic situation on the internet. If anything should ever happen, it is important to tell and search as soon as possible. Then, people should keep calm. Don't panic. The more panic people, the more confused. Furthermore, we shouldn't believe that rumor which don't know if it is true.Especially, In this panic situation people can not accurately senses occurrence. However, we must calm down and think about the things. If Governments and people will be able to calm down and think about problem, we can probably solve this happenings.
Ruka

Postby Phoebe197 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:00 am

1. Do you agree with Dr. Cheever's decision to tell his wife about the lockdown before the public? What would you do in his situation?

I do not want to blame him. In that circumstance, nobody had a solution for the contagion at that moment and there was no time for him to think twice. He made that decision by first instinct, because he loved his wife. If she stayed in a blocked area, there might have been no chance for her to survive in that disaster.

I am not sure what I might do if I were him. If there is only a slim chance of survival, I would try to save the life of my family and my husband. i will do what i can to ensure their safety.
Phoebe197

Postby youngjoo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:43 am

As for the Dr. Cheever's decision,
first of all, I do not think that his decision is appropriate for both his wife and general citizens.
Yes, he might have been a person who was very professional at CDC. And, although it did not appear in the movie,
he obviously had a lot of trouble as a responsible doctor and one lovely husband of his wife.
Nevertheless, he should not disclose information as a government official working for core medical institution which is very important for the nation.
His behavior is not ethically correct, and can be said to violate the qualifications of an official.
As a result, considering that his wife was invaded by some masses finally, there was no benefit of early evacuation.
If I were Dr. Cheever, I would tell my wife to strengthen the security of my home to protect herself.
youngjoo

Postby dongil » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:27 pm

If I were him, I would also tell my wife. I think it is my obligation to tell the truth to my family, and the sociey should support that kind of indivisual decision as far as our society has founded on the basic systems like family. If the government does not admit this situation, the whole social systems of our society would not functuate because people will not agree the princple of any policy impementations of that government.
dongil

Postby Youngmin Kim » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:37 pm

2. What do you think about the blogger Krumwiede (Jude Law)?

I think the blogger Krumwiede cares about himself. The only thing he wanted to make at this situation was just money. Epodemic went through out the world and nobody could solve that problem when Kremwiede concieved others with false medicine. He ruined the people who had problems with contagion and also made it hard to cure it. If he hoped to be a journalist as he mentioned, he truly had to figure out what the fact was and what can recover the situation.
Youngmin Kim

Postby Youngmin Kim » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:40 pm

Youngmin Kim

Next

Return to Movie Reports