[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - CONTAGION

CONTAGION

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: CONTAGION

Postby Youngmin Kim » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Youngmin Kim

Postby Phoebe197 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:02 pm

Phoebe197

Postby Jinsang Park » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:13 pm

Student Name : Jinsang Park

Question 4 : What, if anything, should governments and/or people do to prepare for and prevent the possibility of an epidemic?

Epidemic is really unexpected illness. However I think that we can prepare it somewhat and prevent it.
Governments and people should do to prepare for and prevent the possibility of an epidemic. First, Governments should protect for safe of people.
And they should think about a solution to solve unexpected events. They can spend to people the message that is epidemic alert, and can control the area where and epidemic occur.
People should follow government control, and should be aware of the possible of an epidemic. I think that cleanliness is the most basic prevention.
For example, Always washing your hands is the easiest way we can do. I think that preparing and preventing the possibility of an epidemic is all for ourselves.
Jinsang Park

Postby Sehwa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:55 am

Sehwa

Postby Sehwa » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:20 am

3. Do you think the situation of the virus spreading was handled well? What could be done differently to deal with the epidemic better?

I believe that the process of handling in the movie was not the best way.
The people who were in charge of the situation just tried to hide the exact information from public. Giving public the precise knowledge about the circumstances they are in, is the most important part. They should have tell the number of the dead, and how fast the virus is spreading, in the news. This can give the public a chance to prepare for their own safety. Telling the truth can make people panic, but it's till a better choice than hiding it.
Also, the infected people had to be isolated more quickly. In the situation without cure, the best thing to do is to stop the virus from spreading. So when the government got the information about the virus, they had to check the number of people who have the symptoms and separate them with the others as soon as possible. Before everything, reducing the damage of the epidemic should be done first.
With there two ways, the situation can't be solved perfectly. But still, can make more people alive.
Sehwa

Postby Ruka » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:46 am

Ruka

Postby Jinsang Park » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:44 pm

Jinsang Park

Postby Yara » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:10 pm

1. Do you agree with Dr. Cheever's decision to tell his wife about the lockdown before the public? What would you do in his situation?

From my opinion, his decision was selfish because he thought about his family only. However, I think I can understand him because I went in the same his wife situation. I was an intern in a hospital and my sister worked in infection control team which was responsible for controlling the infection in a central region in my country. The hospital had Coronavirus cases and the situation was really critical; thus, my sister had to tell me about it so that I can be careful. Therefore, If I were in Dr. Cheever's situation I will make the same decision.
Yara

Postby Yara » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:26 pm

Yara

Postby Asma » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:49 pm

asmaa almesafer

Question 1

I don't think what he did was wrong, I totally understand his point of view, I mean he was just trying to protect his wife, he didn't want her to catch the virus.
But at the same time I can get why some people might think that it's unfair, they think that they also have the right to be informed if there was anything unusual
going on, espacially a deadly disease like that. In my case if I was in his shoes, I would definitely explain to my family the truth about this crisis and tell them the risks that might happen.
Asma

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports