[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - THE LOST BOYS

THE LOST BOYS

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

THE LOST BOYS

Postby maikuu » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:35 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: THE LOST BOYS

Postby RebeccaL » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:23 pm

Why does the Emerson family move to Santa Carla?
I'm not sure. I think it is because Lucy divorced with her husband and her father lived in Santa Carla. Thus, Lucy decided to move to Santa Carla.

Why is Michael attracted to the motorcycle gang?
Because Michael accidentally saw Star on a beach. Michael thought that Star was beautiful and attractive, so he followed her. Then the motorcycle gang came and found Star. Michael wanted to show that he was stronger than the leader of the gang, David. Thus, Michael followded them to their home.

How do Michael and Sam plan to defeat the Lost Boys?
Write a setup/opinion of THE LOST BOYS.

First, Michael wanted to save Star and the kid. Sam called his friends, the frog brothers. They prepared weapons and wanted to killed the leader of vampires. Michael brought Star and the kid to his home. At the same time, Sam and his friends killed one of these vampires by a stake. In the night, other vampires came to Michael's home. Michael and Sam and the frog brother finally defeated the vampires by their courage and intelligence.

It is a very good movie for Halloween because it's not too scary for me. THE LOST BOYS is old but it is great and interesting. I like Sam and David. Sam loved his families, so he had courage to fight with monster. He was young but responsible. I think David had a long story with Max, but they didn't talk about it in this movie. I guess that Max let David become vampire.

I hardly watch horror movie, but I will watch this movie again. And I will recommend it to my friends.
RebeccaL

Postby HamadAlRamadhan » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:28 pm

The movie had a very strange camera angle throughout the film, I was thinking to myself "that's a very peculiar way to use the god's eyes view" but then I realized it was the vampire's eyes view and I cracked up, clever! This is certainly a very good cult movie that I wouldn't mind visiting again, especially to watch Kiefer Sutherland rocking a hilarious look.

The Emerson family moved to Santa Carla because they were flat broke
Micheal was attracted to the girl in the bike gang Star
Micheal and sam planned to demolish the vampire gang led by David. Micheal had been possessed by the vampire virus and had too kill his perpetrators to cure his himself and others.
HamadAlRamadhan

Postby sious24 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:20 pm

Her family needed a new place to live after divorce, but I think that the mother couldn't afford to settle down a new place. As a result, she decided to live off her father. That is the reason they moved to San Carla.

The reason is very simple. He literally fell in love with Star in a first sight, but Star was a member of motor cycle gang, so he followed them to keep in touch with Star.

This movie was made in 1987, nearly 30 years ago. To be honest, when I compare this movie to a current vampire movie such as "Twilight," their hairstyle and fashion style was not sophisticated, and this movie doesn't show any decent special effects. Nevertheless, I was immersed in the movie, and I couldn't help concentrating on the movie. Although I could expect how it would end, it was not boring oddly. Contrary to the current vampires, it is also interesting that the vampires of 20th century respond to sunlight and holy water.
sious24

Postby gundoo moon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:01 am

After a divorce, Emerson family moved out to Santa Carla to live with grandfather and started over
Michael fall in love with Star at first sight. Then, he follow Star and meets her motorcycle gang.
Sam and Michael ask frog brothers who are a teenager comic book fans. Because, They are well informed about the vampire in their town. They suggested a solution to kill the head vampire.
This movie was made 30 years ago, but THE LOST BOYS blends horror and comedy very well.
gundoo moon

Postby Alanood19d » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:17 pm

I’m not sure. I think Lucy wanted a new beginning to her and to her children; Michael and Sam after the divorce. therefore, they moved to her father house.

At first, I thought it because he falls in love with Star due to her beauty and her uniqueness. However, even when she warned him and told him not to join the gang, he didn’t listen to her at all. In my view, Michael wanted to prove that he is stronger than David and he’s not afraid of the gang.

Sam called his new friends, the frog brothers. Who were a big fans of horror comic books. thus, they decided to find the vampire leader and cut his head, after they were sure that star and the kid were safe and well.

I'm obsessed with vampire movies. After watching The Lost Boys, I considered it one of my favorite movies even though the movie was made 30 years ago.
Alanood19d

Postby Doha » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:17 pm

As I understand they move because thier mom want new start after divorce, so she came back to her father's home

He want to show them he a strong man and dont fread about any thing and also he love star

From my prospective, I fond it funny and excited and have unexpected ending and the finest part for me was dinner time when the frog brother and sam tried to attack the man who lucy invited for dinner :lol:
Doha

Postby hnb99 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 pm

I think that the movie held a classic view on how vampires act and I had also enjoyed the interesting storyline.it was both funny and thrilling at the same time
The family moved to Santa Clara since they were low on money
He was attracted to a girl in the motorcycle gang
hnb99

Postby Hramadha » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:07 am

In THE LOST BOYS, the Emerson family has just moved to Santa Carla, the murder capital of the world, and the oldest son Michael has gotten involved with the wrong crowd. One night he meets Star, who he follows and who introduces him to David. David is the leader of a vampire gang. After hanging out, Michael is forced to joins their clan. David's brother, Sam (), befriends the Frog brothers a pair of young vampire hunters. When David finds out what's going on, he and the young kids embark on a mission to destroy the head vampire and return their lives to normal. the whole movie has a very nice plot twist at the end where we discover who the leader of the vampires is.
Hramadha

Return to Movie Reports