[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - THE SOCIAL NETWORK

THE SOCIAL NETWORK

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

THE SOCIAL NETWORK

Postby LeoE » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:59 am

I hope you have enjoyed THE SOCIAL NETWORK, an exciting drama about the creation and early days of Facebook and it's founder, Mark Zuckerberg.

Please write in your own words a few sentences using any or all of the following prompts:

1. How do you think the movie shows Mark Zuckerberg? How does the movie ask the viewer to see him?
2. What do you think of Shaun Parker? Is he a good influence on Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook?
3. After watching the movie, what is your opinion of Mark Zuckerberg and why?

Please remember:
* You can respond to any or all the questions by clicking the "Post Reply" button below. DO NOT "Create New Topic".
* For full credit, you must respond to at least one question and to at least one classmate.
* Check for grammar, punctuation, and spelling before you POST/EDIT. Try to express your ideas clearly.
* Write in YOUR OWN WORDS.
LeoE

Re: THE SOCIAL NETWORK

Postby Youngmin Kim » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:13 pm

In my point of view, Zuckerberg just focuses on what he want to do without considering others. He had only one friend when he was a university student, but after starting a company, facebook, he tried to take almost every portion of his share. He is not gregarious at all and do not respect other person's attitude. Another element that is related to this point that I would like to mention is that as a leader of great enterprise, he has to be equipped with leadership to serve others.
Youngmin Kim

Postby dongil » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:00 pm

1. How do you think the movie shows Mark Zuckerberg? How does the movie ask the viewer to see him?

At the beginning of this movie, Mark Zuckerberg is descripted as a nerd who only thinks about himself and does not consider other people. This image of Zuckerberg does not change much until the last scene of the movie. So I think the director might wanted viewers to see him in a different way from the way usually most people now think of him.
dongil

Postby Sehwa » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:06 pm

This movie shows Mark Zuckerberg realistically. Zuckerberg is a well-known person, as a genius CEO of Facebook and the world's youngest billionaire. However, 'Social Network' was focusing on not only his achievement, but also the mistakes he made. Watching the process of organizing Facebook, I thought that Zuckerberg is also a human, same with me. He was emotional person some time. By showing viewers the Zuckerberg's weakness, the movie ask us to know how imperfect he is. Also It tells that Zuckerberg went through lots of difficulties. And I think this is because the movie wants viewers to admit that Facebook was not made without any effort. At last, the loneliness of Zuckerberg is expressed effectively. There's no one left on his side. This made me to think that we can't judge him only by his success.
Sehwa

Postby dongil » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:22 pm

dongil

Postby j27085594 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:02 pm

Student name: Chen Zhijian

In the movie, Mark Zuckerberg who a was Harvard student has creates the social networking site that would become known as Facebook, but later on he get sued by two twin brothers who claimed he stole their idea, and the co-founder who was his best friend that got squeezed out of the business.
After watching the movie, I think that as a document movie it is actually pretty good, which means that it tells a compelling story about creation of Facebook. In my opinion, Mark Zuckerberg is a double crossing and cheating the other guys from Harvard when Facebook was being developed. I think Mark is obsessed with money. When Mark and Eduardo dicussed about the future of facebook goal it wasn't of any interest to Mark and not a goal that he held. He seeking for huge valued in the billions.
j27085594

Postby j27085594 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:07 pm

j27085594

Postby Ruka » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Students name: Ruka Noguchi

I think Mark Zuckerberg could get Facebook company and high position. Recently,His name and existence known all over the world. Everyone think he was rich and perfect successful man. Also, I thought that before watch this film. However, He lost friendships with co-worker. In the end, he sued by his friends. I think he was not perfect man. Especially, he was not able to build personal relationships. As a result, he lost a lot of things in exchange for money and position. Money and positions are important. However, these brake our important things sometimes. Mark Zuckerberg is one of this example which brake and lose important thing. In my opinion, this film tell about that a relation between persons are broken and lost by a lot of money.
Ruka

Postby Phoebe197 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:55 pm

From my perspective, Mark is a the person who can concentrate on what he likes and what he is doing. For instance, in the movie, when his friend mentioned about posting relationship status online, he ran back to his dorm to revise his code immediately. Moreover, what he cares is only Facebook. He does not know how to treat his only friend. However, he is decisive about the future of Facebook and far-sighted. When they have thousands of users, he did not focus on advertisement to make money. He chose to develop Facebook and find the meaning of it.
Phoebe197

Postby Phoebe197 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:00 pm

Phoebe197

Next

Return to Movie Reports