[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - SNOWDEN

SNOWDEN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

SNOWDEN

Postby LeoE » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:59 pm

LeoE

Re: SNOWDEN

Postby j27085594 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:42 am

Student Name: Chen Zhijian.

3. Are agencies like the NSA and CIA necessary? Or do they help create the same problems they are trying to prevent?

I think it is really tragic that an American has a reputation for high privacy but on the other hand the truth is that each individual has been watch by spyscam from CIA, NSA,...etc. If I wanted to see your emails or your girlfriend's phone, all people have to do is use intercepts. For instance, you can get others emails, passwords, phone records, credit cards. In my point of view, I think the Modern technology is a Complete disadvantage for our society, for example the NSA has built an infrastructure that allows it to intercept almost everything. NSA and CIA do have the tools and maps showing where people located and all their information. When someone behind can see everything and every informations, you realise that some of these technology things are abusive; and this is absolutely what I thought for the
j27085594

Postby Sehwa » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:00 pm

1. What do you think about what Snowden did? Would you do the same?

I think Snowden changed a history. We could have been watched until now, if he didn't reveal the truth. He was so brave.
But for me, I'm not sure that I would do the same. I know that Snowden did the right thing, and I should do like him, but giving up everything I have, to let people know the truth is not the life for me. I might consider my family and friends' safety first, rather than just act what I think it's right. Thinking of that Snowden had a wife, His act seems little reckless to me. It was possible for him to do it, because he was so stressful to endure the secret. His mental was broken at that time and the situation made him to get rid of everything. When I'm in his situation, I'll act only when my people's safety is guaranteed.
Sehwa

Postby youngjoo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:36 am

3. Are agencies like the NSA and CIA necessary? Or do they help create the same problems they are trying to prevent?

Regardless of this movie, I think agencies such as NSA and CIA are very necessary for national security.
That is the reason that all countries have their own security agency for protecting citizen and peace of country.
If no such agency, they will be able to have critical problems of national security, which will result in social turmoils such as terrorism.
However, it is quite sure that they should be under the control of the laws to protect privacy and human rights of citizens.
youngjoo

Postby youngjoo » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:42 am

youngjoo

Postby Ruka » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:51 am

Student name: Ruka Noguchi
1. What do you think about what Snowden did? Would you do the same?

I think his behavior is correct. If he did not act things, we could not know NSA and CIA secret things. His action were really difficult. And, he might have lost his girlfriend, family, and his job. However, he tried to tell about true things for us. I think this action was it need to braves. I can not doing like Snowden. If i were here, I do not do that. Almost people can not do that. I am sure there must be something that only Snowden can do.
Ruka

Postby Youngmin Kim » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:38 am

I think the NSA and CIA is necessary for the country. But the matter is that they must do their jobs for the people of the country. Usually it is apt for them to fall in the trap that is just for their purpose and benefit, not for the country. When such a agency has authority, there must be a way to monitor their job by the representatives of the people.
Youngmin Kim

Postby Youngmin Kim » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:42 am

Youngmin Kim

Postby Jinsang Park » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:54 pm

2. Is Snowden a patriot?

I think Snowden is a patriot. Snowdon initially became a soldier for the country, injured his leg in an accident, quit the soldier,
and applied to the CIA and the NSA. The patriots want the country to go the right way by means of people who love the country.
Snowdon would have hoped to do the right thing by exposing the CIA and the NSA's wrongdoing
Jinsang Park

Postby Jinsang Park » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:03 pm

Jinsang Park

Next

Return to Movie Reports