[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - SNOWDEN

SNOWDEN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: SNOWDEN

Postby Ruka » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:28 pm

Ruka

Postby Sehwa » Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:00 am

Sehwa

Postby Yara » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:48 pm

1. What do you think about what Snowden did? Would you do the same?

I think what he did was a really brave thing; however, it caused a damage to his government reputation.
If I were him, I would not do the same because obviously what he did is not just telling the world but also he committed a crime when he revealed the secret documents.
Yara

Postby Yara » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:02 pm

Yara

Postby j27085594 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:21 pm

By Chen Zhijian

I have commands from both side. First, yes! CIA and NSA are both nessary for national security. And they should be under the control of the laws to protect privacy and human rights of citizens. But,U.S government always want to be ahead of this game. They always want to spy on other countries. We know that United States in history were born as freedom, justice, and Strong nation. American government always want to keep their technology, weapon, and power to be the leader of the world. And take over other countries if they could.
j27085594

Postby dongil » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:53 pm

3. Are agencies like the NSA and CIA necessary? Or do they help create the same problems they are trying to prevent?

I think agencies like the NSA and CIA are necessary for the information that is needed when the government is trying to set either domestic or foreign policies better. However, when they use that information in inoppropriate way, it can be dangerous for th people of that country. Therefore, there must be a way to check and monitor their job.
dongil

Postby dongil » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:58 pm

dongil

Postby Sho.March » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:27 pm

Student Name Shotaro Machida

1. What do you think about what Snowden did? Would you do the same?

I think Snowden's courageous behavior is not wrong.
His act will make these organizations good and also other organizations like CIA forced to think about their method.
He certainly committer a crime, but that sin has an important meaning to our world.
This behavior has the big risk of losing life, so if I were in the same situation. I will be afraid and I will not be able to make such a courageous decision.
Sho.March

Postby Phoebe197 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:32 pm

What do you think about what Snowden did? Would you do the same?

Snowden is a hero, and he gave up his easy life, 200,000 dollars annually income and girlfriend, to arouse our attention. He should be memorized by all of us, everyone in the world.

If I were him, I would not do the same thing. I am not as brave as him, to give up everything I have. Because even he revealed what government had done, the only thing they will do is that do the same thing more secretly. Nothing will be changed.
Phoebe197

Postby Phoebe197 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:35 pm

Phoebe197

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports