[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - AVATAR

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Postby maikuu » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:54 pm

NeytiriJakeSully.jpg
NeytiriJakeSully.jpg (244.02 KiB) Viewed 9568 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: AVATAR

Postby RebeccaL » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:22 pm

What does Jake Sully hope to achieve by going to Pandora?
At first, Jake was asked to replace his brother to continue the research. I think the military promised to help Jake to cure his legs, so Jake agreed to go to Pandora.

What makes Pandora hostile to humans?
The sponsor and military wanted the resources of Pandora, and they tried to expel and kill Na'vi clan.

How does Neytiri influence Jake Sully?
Neytiri taught Jake to love and cherish lives and environment. Jake became to like Na'vi and Pandora, and Jake became kind and valiant as Na'vi people.

Write a setup/opinion of AVATAR.
The best thing which touched me is the mother tree heard Jake and helped Na'vi people. I heard that "There's no such thing as an atheist in the Southern Ocean or on the death zone on Everest." from Edward Michael Grylls. I believe religion takes an important part in any achievement. Na'vi clan was connected to their mother tree. When bad things happened, they would pray to mother tree. Na'vi people have reverence, and they cherished the environment, which was helping themselves. AVATAR has the strong educational meaning to people of how to treat environment. Our earth is not good now, and we will not want it to be as bad as the sky people's earth.
RebeccaL

Postby sious24 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:13 pm

The original mission of Jake Sully was to spy information about minerals and natural resources below the mother tree, and he was supposed to get benefit and enough money to obtain new leg by giving that information.

Pandora felt threats that humans could destroy everything to exploit minerals buried below the mother tree.

She had him know the value of life and realize that nature was not the object of conquering.

"Avatar" reminds me of history of American Indians. In the movie, Navi managed to defend their place, but the history of American Indians was not like that. Desire of human is not finite, so someday sky people who are on the earth will come again to conquer the land. Why do we not know the way of living together?
sious24

Postby gundoo moon » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:14 pm

After the death of his brother, Jake Sully agreed to replace his brother for Avatar Program. He hoped to gain enough money to get an artificial leg by this opportunity.

This is because the place where people live did not have enough resource, so military came to Pandora and then cut the trees. For Na’vi who treat nature carefully, this infuriates them that human cut the tree of soul.

She taught him the value of life, love and nature. It makes him to like Pandora and influences him to decide to be a Na’vi.

“Avatar” makes me feel the beauty and the importance of nature. On the other hand, as I watching what human do and how they destroy Navi’s dwelling to get their benefits, I also can feel the greed of human.
gundoo moon

Postby hnb99 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:05 pm

What does Jake Sully hope to achieve by going to Pandora? He hoped to reach a settlement with them and the military in order to mine a special stones
What makes Pandora hostile to humans? humans have destroyed their habitat thus creating a hostility between them
How does Neytiri influence Jake Sully? He took part in the rituals and he also trained with her
In my opinion, the movie has one of the best visual affects
hnb99

Postby Doha » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:27 am

He was suffering from partial paralysis, and the military will give him money which he will need it for his surgery.

due to the expensive price of the black rock, the individuals want to explore Pandora plant to get this rock as much as they can, so they want cut the mother tree and destroy this plant as they explore

she influence him who to communicate with the nature such as birds and trees, so he can realize the value of the environment.

I really like this move due to huge amounts of imagination and eyes entreatment, and now I think about other things, so I become more careful with other importent stuffs.
Doha

Postby Alanood19d » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:56 am

The military promised him to cure his Paralyzed leg if he replaces his dead twin brother and complete the mission.
human’s priority purpose was getting that rare stone, which located near their Mother tree. Therefore, they were welling to destruct the Na’vi clan.
She makes him appreciate the value of the nature, so he can Communicate with nature kindlier.
Write a setup/opinion of AVATAR:
I enjoyed watching this movie even though it's a 3 hours movie. I cannot wait to see the second part in 2018.
Alanood19d

Postby Renadalsa » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:43 pm

His brother died, so he was trying to do the mission instead of him, and they will let him do the surgery for his legs for free.
His mission was going to Pandora and spying on them.

She makes him more aware of the nature in a way he could communicate with the nature.

I actually don’t like this kind of movies but this one was a really good movie that I’ve enjoyed watching it, also it insights me to think more about the nature.
Renadalsa

Postby HamadAlRamadhan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:21 pm

He wants to work to mine for special stones
The indigenous people who roam the woods of the planet
She trained him and exposed him to the spiritual traditions of her people
This movie is revolutionary, I love it.
HamadAlRamadhan

Postby Hramadha » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:15 am

this is one of the best movies i have ever seen. it reminds me of titanic. it is so original,and creative. it also has a lot of wisdom in it. in talks to us about different aspects of life such as love, patriotism, nature, spirituality, humanity and many many more. this is one of the deepest movies i have ever seen. it is miraculous
Hramadha

Return to Movie Reports