[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

Postby LeoE » Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:23 pm

I hope you have enjoyed MAD MAX: FURY ROAD, a post-apocalyptic action thriller about a group of women (and Max) trying to overthrow a warlord tyrant and bring water to a dry world.

Please write in your own words a few sentences using any or all of the following prompts:

1. Did you like the movie? Why or why not?
2. What do you think the movie is saying about our society now?
3. How do you think women are represented in this movie?

Please remember:
* You can respond to any or all the questions by clicking the "Post Reply" button below. DO NOT "Create New Topic".
* For full credit, you must respond to at least one question and to at least one classmate.
* Check for grammar, punctuation, and spelling before you POST/EDIT. Try to express your ideas clearly.
* Write in YOUR OWN WORDS.
LeoE

Re: MAD MAX: FURY ROAD

Postby Jinsang Park » Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Yes, I liked the movie. I watched this movie very funny. Actually, I see this movie a second time.
So I knew the summary and the ending. I like action movies, so I did not get bored watching the movie because of a lot of car action
and the shocking background of the situation after the nuclear war. Especially, the last action scenes of this movie was the most impressive.
Jinsang Park

Postby Ruka » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:13 am

Student name: Ruka Noguchi

I like to watch this movie. This movie has a lot of action scenes. I think all of the scenes made realistic and clearly. Also, we enjoyed watching many interesting car which remodel the car.In addition, this movie story is easy to understand and clearly.I think this movie director created movie which is for anyone from adults to a children can enjoy it. This movie is very creative. That's why this movie could get a lot of receive awarded in 2015 and 2016.
Ruka

Postby j27085594 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:34 pm

Student name: Chen, zhijian

I watched Mad Max Fury Road in the movie theather at AMC Timesquare, 2015. This movie is such a fantastic and fabulous movie. I always thinking of what happen after the end of world. Mad Max movie has so much imagination of what could be happen when earth is destroyed; deforestration and desertfication. The movie shows how the world developed to a place of human living nowhere. Human rights are disavantage to the ruler. How the world shape that change the cultures and humanity. This movie definitely a five star rating from my personal opinion, and I do recommend this movie to the people that have not watch yet.
j27085594

Postby Sehwa » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:44 pm

3. How do you think women are represented in this movie?

In this movie, women are the symbol of peace and liberty. In the Citadel's society, women should be kept in the safe place to give birth for the dictator. However, they tried to escape and find a new place to live for themselves. Even though the green place was gone and they failed to find a new place, we can see them changing, and acting bravely to stay alive. At first they didn't have any power or strength to protect themselves, but later, they help max and furiousa. The biggest reason of the liberty of Citadel is the women who escaped. If they just stayed under dictator, or didn't come back at last, lots of people and workers in Citadel might have suffered more. In these reasons, The women in the 'Mad Max' was showing the strong femininity, which lead a society into peace.
Sehwa

Postby Sehwa » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:48 pm

Sehwa

Postby dongil » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:56 am

Honestly I didn't like this movie. It was too noisy and disturbing. Also, I couldn't easily figure out what messages the director was trying to convey, and I could barely figure out what he wanted to say almost at the end of the movie. The overall dark background and continuous rock music have also played a role in reducing my interest in movies.
dongil

Postby dongil » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:03 am

dongil

Postby youngjoo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:48 am

- Yes, I really liked it. Because it showed me unprecedented scene that I have never seen before!
Especially, the guitarist wearing red clothes has a strong impact during the whole movie.
Anyway, I was also surprised that this movie is the 3rd sequel of original MAD MAX movie.
youngjoo

Postby youngjoo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:54 am

youngjoo

Next

Return to Movie Reports