[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - BABY DRIVER

BABY DRIVER

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

BABY DRIVER

Postby maikuu » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:33 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: BABY DRIVER

Postby Jay Jung » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:00 am

I want somebody to see my comment before seeing this movie. "You will be disappointed if you expect and watch this movie."

My opinion is that the movie "Baby Driver" by Ansel Elgort (Baby) and Lily James (Debora) is a bit disappointing.
Baby who is driving very well. His driving skills are perfect, and the scenes behind police pursuits are truly art. Music is added here. So it is interesting.
By the way, Except for the scene of running away from the bank, it is a little sluggish. There is no tension in the movie to get bored. This is why 2% of the fun of this movie is lacking.
I hope someone who watches it without expecting.

The movie 'Baby Driver' is great at first. And there are many thrilling scenes in the latter half. If so, like music and like a thrilling chase, it's worth watching.
However, I do not know exactly what they want to cover in the movie. Crime? Chase? Betrayal? Love? Everything is in the middle.

The main character, Baby, lives in a pseudonym and his real name was Miles. His driving skills are truly amazing and brilliant. Because of his driving skills, he always works with bullying gangsters. Kevin Spacey, who is called 'Doctor', always receives a scout offered. If the villains(gangsters) rob the bank, it is his role to escape them, which is perfect. So he tries to help them a couple of times and wash his hands, but Kevin Spacey's intimidation makes him again involved in the crime. Baby lost his mother and father in an accident when he was young, and hearing was also damaged. So Baby always wears earphones. He is living with new stepfather now, but his stepfather is not in good health either. He has a language disorder. So despite his young age, even though he does bad things, he is making a little money and making a living.

However, the conflict with the villains that casually kills people becomes a risk factor for their crime. With the addition of love to Lily James (Debora) here, baby drivers become exciting for some, and loose for others.

It was loose for me. So at first I was getting tense and getting bored. That's why I think 2% of this movie is scarce. Finally, to add one more thing, music is the best.
Jay Jung

Postby Jenny » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:29 am

Hi I'm jenny.
Today i want to talk about "Baby Driver" At first, I thought it was a pleasant action movie, but after watching the movie, I could feel the love of family and love of lover.

I think Baby is an unusual character. Usually in movies dealing with crime stories, the main character is an accomplished criminal who escapes from the police in a flash, gets tattoos all over his body, or acts toughly, but Baby has a somewhat boyish and passive personality. Baby felt guilty about driving a car to help criminals get away with the crime scene and wanted to quit the job quickly, but was unable to quit because he owed money to the boss.

And after paying back all the money, he quit the job and started working at the pizza parlor, but he did it again under the threat of boss. I felt so sorry for Baby. I felt sorry for him because he want to live a normal life.

I thought I'd never get involved in anything bad. :shock: This movie gives a lesson. And at the same time, I think it is a movie that delights the eyes. The car action scenes in the movie were so detailed and colorful that I couldn't take my eyes off the whole movie. The action scene was almost perfect. It was so good to see how well Baby drives. Baby ends up in prison, but thanks to testimony from those who know his goodness, he is on parole after five years. I hope Baby lives happily with her girlfriend and stepfather.

I like to watch movie that I saw once again, but this movie is so impressive that I think I will see it again. I like the romantic part of the movie, too. I thought it would be nice to see him with my boyfriend. :)
Jenny

Postby Takumi » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:23 am

This was twice to watch “Baby Driver” movie and I was able to really enjoy again because I love this kind of movie. I also live music during 1960 to 1990 and this movie matched with awesome songs that I can be high like “Brighton Rock” from Queen and the media such as cassette tape and record too. So, this movie was so good for me.

Baby worked as a driver who made gangs run. One day, he went to a restaurant and he met a woman named Deborah. They were attracted to each other because they liked music and while they talked about music and promised to go west coast with music, they noticed their charm.

After he finished his job, he went to the restaurant with her but there was Doc who was Baby’s boss and he asked Baby to do the job again and if he refused it, Doc will hurt her so, he must have done the job. However, the gang members noticed the relationship of Baby and Deborah so, he tried to escape from the city with her but they realized about it and doubt him. So, he decided to drive for gangs for Deborah.

Even though this was twice to watch, I was really excited because I think this story was little difficult to understand. Baby didn’t speak so much so, I couldn’t catch his feelings well. However, watch through twice, I was able to understand more than before.
-Takumi
Takumi

Postby Naf » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Baby is not just a normal teenage he has a perfect driving skills to help the gangs steal and run away from the cops easily without catching him every single time. However, while Baby was sitting in the restaurant that he always go for a cup of coffee since his mom died due to she was working on it. Moreover, there was a beautiful blonde girl was singing in first day of work. He started to like her and record her while singing. She saw him and took of his mp3 and start to play with him.

Even though is was her first time to talk with them, she told him about her dream that she wants to drive in highway with a music with a car that she cannot afford. After that he started to talk with her and he wants so share her dream. Nevertheless, when his boss called and ask him to come like usual mission about stealing he meets the gang members who they thought he is useless and he cannot do anything. Because of he is always listen to the music and he do not pay attention to them. Baby is a good gut but the reason he drive for them is because he has a big debt for the boss since he has a child and he have to work with him until he finished his debt.

Overall I think the movie is very good story, edit, montage and music. Especially if it was a cars movie it is very hard too success due to a lot of cars movies comes out every year.

lecturer notes: Good summary, concise and clear. I like how this author does not give away too much of the story (spoiler), especially the ending. Good piece of writing.

--mike l.
Naf

Postby yoojinpa » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:44 pm

I think this movie’s music was perfect, but content of film was not enough.

In movie, Baby lost their parents by car accident and he got hearing problems. So, he can’t live without music. He has perfect driving skills and was working as a driver. Meanwhile, Baby fell in a love with a woman named Debora and wants to live a new life. But his boss and colleagues don’t let him go, and Baby plans to sneak away with Debora. However, his colleagues know his plan, and they run around in danger.

The most impressive thing in this movie was music. While Baby was waiting for his colleagues in the car, Baby always played fantastic songs. The music and scenes matched perfectly, so I was completely absorbed in the movie. Especially, the first action scene was perfect, and my favorite scene is when Debora and Baby talk about their stories in the laundry room. The colorful laundry was making the scene beautiful in the washing machine and I think music made the scene perfect. But I think the ending of the movie was a little disappointing because after ignoring the threats from their peers, I wish Baby and Debora had just finished the movie on the road.
yoojinpa

Postby Max rongqi » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:31 pm

Hello, I’m Rongqi, today I will share with you the feeling of watching this movie.

Edgar Ryder's film is always full of sense. In the beginning, along shot of up to three minutes shows the perfect match between music and lens switching. Also attracts the attention of the audiences. The highlight of this movie is music. Several songs on the background track of almost every second from beginning to end and the whole movie is like a thrilling music. The first thing I did after watching the movie was to buy the original music. I believe everyone is also attracted to music. :D

However, the plot of the movie is not coherent and many plots are unconventional and unpredictable. For example, the final Doc of the film became a party to justice to help Baby get out of danger. In fact, his is the main reason that why Baby is in danger. Another example is that the movie didn’t explain why the baby is working for Doc.

In general, in addition to some loopholes in the plot, film production is still very good. As an original film, it is not the same as robbing bank movies and racing movies. It is a unique existence. It is a type film, but it is a type film of the director himself.
Max rongqi

Postby homoud1 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:19 am

After watching Baby Driver, all I could say is that I really liked the movie and appreciate what the movie has to offer for English learners. This movie particularly mentions a few words that I did not understand, I later understood the meaning of the words and especially the American phrases that were mentioned throughout the movie were really helpful in a way that I can use in everyday life. So that’s what makes the movie really helpful to us (English learners). During the movie, the bank robbers assumed that Baby was going to backstab them because he is always silent and always has headphones on listening to music constantly because of the damage he has in his ears. Baby had to work with the bank robbers because he owes a lot of money to the person in charge of the heist operations.
homoud1

Postby SkylarLee » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:44 pm

Today I'm going to talk about a movie I saw last week , it's called baby driver.In this movie, the main character is a boy who doesn't like to talk much, but he drives with great skill . He was able to clear the rush-hour roads of police officers and get his crew out safely.His name is Baby.Baby lost his mother in a car accident and took care of an old man alone.He is a brave and very responsible person.He loves his girlfriend very much.He will do his best to keep his girlfriend safe.My favorite character in this movie isn't the main character ,it's a girl called Darling.Because she is so pretty and I like her voice.She is brave and smart.I want to be like her one day.In a word, it's a fast-paced,gut-wrenching film.It's so awesome that I want to watch it again! :P
SkylarLee

Postby Abdulrahman » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:58 pm

Baby driver was such an amazing movie, awesome music and action scenes perfectly synched to make an amazing movie!

I really enjoyed watchig it so much! And i really think that Deborah and Baby are attracted to each other because they have a lot in common, they both like music they both have nothing left to make them stay in the place where they were, so they both had the passion to leave their city and start a new life.

Baby chose to work for the gang instead of leaving because he did a mistake when he was young, he stole the boss’s car so the boss liked him and how he did it and chose to make him work for him as a punishment for what he did, and when he tried to quit working for him, he threatened him to hurt Deborah (the girl that he likes) and his foster father that’s why he had to continue working for him!
Abdulrahman

Next

Return to Movie Reports