[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - Adjustment Bureau: FIRST KISS

Adjustment Bureau: FIRST KISS

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Adjustment Bureau: FIRST KISS

Postby maikuu » Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:30 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: Adjustment Bureau: FIRST KISS

Postby yoojinpa » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:35 pm

In my opinion, both of them must have been in a gloomy situation because David lose the election and we don’t know the exact reason, but Elise crashed a wedding. I think when people feel depressed, they usually wait for someone who sympathize with their story and improve their sad situation. In such a difficult situation, they appeared like a miracle to each other and even they had the common interest of politics, I think it is strange not to fall in love.
And actually, I think that first impressions play the most important role in love, so maybe they think each other’s first impression was nice. Otherwise, how they could kiss to the person they met in the men’s room first time? I think falling in love is not a complicated procedure but a short moment.
yoojinpa

Postby Jay Jung » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:34 pm

When David finds out that he lost in the election, he stops by the bathroom and begins to talk about his speech. Then, from the inside of the bathroom, He noticed that the beautiful lady was hiding. She had been crashed the wedding ceremony upstairs and hiding in the men 's room after being driven by security. Actually, I did not understand at all when asked if I ever attended an uninvited party where teacher kept asking us during the class. I think both of them were probably in a depressed situation. They would sympathize with each other's stories and attract each other through their interests. The conversation with the first person to meet and share in an unexpected place caused a surprising chemical reaction. How romantic is the word 'at first sight'. It seems as though the puzzle pieces that were scattered far away fit. It seems to me that the feeling that I met here today, after all, someone who was somewhere I do not know is getting excited.
Jay Jung

Postby Jenny » Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:17 am

Hi I'm Jenny.
I think the reason why they could fall in love so quickly is because of the situation they are in. Since David lost the election, he was very insecure and Elise had to hide from the guards, the two main characters would have met in poor circumstances and felt the same way with each other. The two people who easily understood and sympathized with each other felt as if they had originally known each other and that feeling turned into love. If two people had not met in such a situation, perhaps the first love like a flame would not have been achieved. After watching this movie, I felt that there was a feeling of love for each other at first sight. It was hard to empathize with me because it was not happening to me yet, but I could feel the feeling of love they felt in the movie. :D
Jenny

Postby Max rongqi » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:51 pm

Love can make people feel dizzy especially when you find that your lover has same situation as you.
According to the short movie,this couple met each other under an embrace and depressed condition that the man lost his election and the woman was hiding in the bathroom. Actually, at this special moment,only one simple vision is enough to fall in love. In my opinion,this might be the reason why they fell in love so quickly and also this is a general way that movies talk about love. In dayli life,it is rarely to see people fall in love only in a moment and the purpose of romantic movie is to build a world that people can find their lover in one minute.
Movie is not life but we need to believe that love is there waiting for you.
Max rongqi

Postby Naf » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Kissing for the first time with a stranger in the first five minutes it is completely unusual, but in Elise and David case is different. while David was talking to him self in the bathroom, Elisa heard him and decided to go out Instead of eavesdropping him. When David saw her, he was surprised because it was the men bathroom. However, he started talking to her and he liked her thinking, and he wished that she was in his team long time ago. After a short time of talking they were looking at each other in romantic way, then they start to kiss until David friends came and destroyed the moment.
Naf

Postby homoud1 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:32 pm

In my opinion I think the only reason this happened is because they are both in the bathroom while they are both having a bad day, he lost an important election while she is hiding from the security for crashing a wedding. Both of them were in need of company and attention and thats what they gave each other, which lead to the kiss. Especially because they were really comfortable expressing themselves since they were alone and also they connected.

Lecturer note: I like this, logical and based on available empirical evidence. There is, however, one more piece of subliminal evidence which must be gathered intuitively. By watching the entire movie, it becomes very clear. Thanks for posting.

--mike
homoud1

Postby Takumi » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:24 pm

I think it is not impossible to fall in love so quickly but it depends on the situation. In their case, they were in the same situation that both of them went wrong for instance Elise crashed the wedding party and it came out and David lost election. Then they talked few minutes and got along each other. After that, suddenly they kissed. I can understand that they fell in love at first sight but it was too fast to kiss. Actually, this was very rare case.
Takumi

Postby Yousef » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:17 am

In my opinion, both of them understood the other side and felt very relaxed when they were talking. David had a lot of problems and Elise had the solutions for all of them. They felt like they were completing each other and that was a big factor for why they kissed each other very quickly.
Yousef

Postby Abdulla » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:16 am

In my opinion I don’t think falling in love can be that fast or kissing strange guy for the first time they meet. I think that they thought that they are in love because they both had bad day and found someone who was caring what everyone needs in bad days
Abdulla

Next

Return to Movie Reports