[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - CRASH-Character Study

CRASH-Character Study

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

CRASH-Character Study

Postby maikuu » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:08 am

Attachments
Crash.jpg
Crash.jpg (17.13 KiB) Viewed 6953 times
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: CRASH-Character Study

Postby Nikita » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:40 am

1. Jean and Maria, in my opinion. Jean was a total b-word (not the good kind) for the entire movie and changed 180 degrees in a moment, which is as unrealistic as it possibly could be. Change always takes some time, so I believe her drastically made improvement was no more but an actress demand.
2. Tommy, a young police officer, in my opinion. He was inexperienced during the first inspection, after that he was brave enough to confront his boss in order to get a new partner, then he decided to help a guy because of his guilt. And one more time was too much for him so he just broke up and killed a poor fella. Didn't want to believe that coming, to be honest.
imgonline-com-ua-2to1-bs3ECfHM9X1gIA.jpg

imgonline-com-ua-2to1-HvvQau9fNsPFBO.jpg

FilmCrash 6.jpg
Last edited by Nikita on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikita

Postby Mliuc794 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:46 am

Q1: The relationship between Detective Waters and his mother is unbelievable. It's easy for him to find his little brother because he is a detective, but he seemingly didn't try to do that. When his brother died, his mother thought he is the killer of his little brother. That's amazing.

Q2: The officer Tommy changed the most. In the beginning, he is a good guy to deal with two conflicts between officers and black film director. However, he killed Peter for self-protection and fired his car in the end. He should go to the police office to admit his crime. I was wondering whether he will feel guilty about his action in the following life.
Mliuc794

Postby nancy » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:46 am

1. I think officer John Ryan is unrealistic because he wants to get a higher status. He just pretends that he does not discriminate the black people, so
I do not think he will become nice at the end of this movie.
2. I think Jean Cabot changed the most better in terms of intercultural communication. She realized her wrong attitude towards to the minorities, so
she improved the relationship with her housekeeper.
nancy

Postby sarahxiyuanzhang » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:48 am

1. Which character or relationship was the most unrealistic or unbelievable?
I think the most unbelievable character is police officer Tom Hansen because I think he is a good people, but at last he killed Peter and didn't go to police office talk about the truth. It was the most dramatical plot in this movie.

2. Which character changed the most in terms of Intercultural Communication (for better or for worse) during the course of Crash?
The police officer John Ryan changed largely. At first, he set his angry to others, like he assaulted the woman in the car, but at last he took the risk of getting hurt to try to save her life, so he learnt to fix the mistake he made before.
sarahxiyuanzhang

Postby Simon » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:53 am

Farhad is the most unbelievible person. From this character, I can see a person who distrust everyone with arrogance. He refused to repair the damaged door, and even threatened the worker by a gun when his store was stolen.

2. Which character changed the most in terms of Intercultural Communication (for better or for worse) during the course of Crash?
Officer Tommy Hansen didn't have any discriminate towards black at the beginning, and that's why he was excluded by all his colleagues. Finally, he doesn't trust black people anymore and even shot one who was trying to thumb a ride.

Simon
Last edited by Simon on Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simon

Postby KulalaKula » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:53 am

I don't believe that Cameron could persuade Anthony to be a good guy. Because of the self-abasement, Anthony was always deeply hostile to white people for a long time. It's unreal that oral persuade can change people's thought in a short time.
2:
I think Officer Ryan had a huge change. In the beginning, he molested Christine because Thayer couple were black people. However, when Ryan saw Christine was suffering danger, he set aside the racism and risked his life to save Christine.
KulalaKula

Postby LLLLLLLLLOU » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:53 am

1. The relationship between Christine and Officer John Ryan was the most unbelievable one to me. What happened to them can be realistic, but the chances for them to meet again in a life-or-death accident after their feud with each other were extremely small. Regardless of the chances, it must be serendipity for the two of them to save each other in different ways.

2. Farhad, to me, was the character that changed the most in terms of intercultural communication. He deeply believed that all hispanic (I think maybe all ethnic that is not his own) were cheaters and criminals. He tried to use violence to find justice, but instead he found an angel who is hispanic rather than Persian.
LLLLLLLLLOU

Postby Zhiwen Zheng » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:54 am

1.Graham and his mother. His mother is a drugster, and I couldn't believe that a mother could be a drugster which could make great harm to her children. The mother is so irresponsible for her children, and I express sympathy for Graham.
2.I think Ryan changed better. Ryan first molested Christine, but he later saved her live. Ryan was inhuman at first, but he changed to be like a human.
Last edited by Zhiwen Zheng on Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zhiwen Zheng

Postby menghu » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:54 am

John Ryan was the most unrealistic character. He was a stubborn white police officer who physically assaulted Cameron's wife, but he saved her life when she was trapped in a car. It was a significant change to this character, and I believe it was a better transition.

Anthony changed the most in terms of Intercultural Communication for better. He believed that society was unfair and biased against black people, then he carjacked a car at the beginning. However, Anthony refused the money that the owner of the chop shop offered him for selling Asians. He even let them out and gave them all of his money in the pocket.
menghu

Next

Return to Movie Reports