DEVIL WEARS PRADA

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

DEVIL WEARS PRADA

Postby Saemi Yun--Korea » Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:53 am

I want to recommend the movie, "Deavil Wears Prada!" Maybe most men don't like this movie because many things for woman appear in the movie (like fashion stuff).

To simply explain the movie's story, a naive young woman comes to New York and scores a job as the assistant to one of the city's big magazine editors. The woman's name is Andrea. She has to do a lot of Miranda's errand work, but she tries her best to overcome everything.

Later she gains ability in her work place, so she can try to change her boss' (Miranda) attitude and behavior. But when she works harder and harder she gets into trouble with her private life, including the relationship with her boyfriend, her family and friends.

In the end, Andrea learns that life is made of choices.
Saemi Yun--Korea

Re: Deavil Wears Prada

Postby maikuu » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:53 pm

You got it right. Except for the part where guys don't like DWP. I'm a guy, and I liked it because I think she speaks to women and men when we feel unappreciated and have to make tough choices. :roll:
maikuu
Site Admin

Return to Movie Reports