O BROTHER, WHERE ART THOU?

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Postby stage » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:42 pm

My favorite character in O Brother, Where Art Thou is Pete. I chose Pete for the reason that sometimes his expression is so funny. For example, my favorite scene is where Pete falls into the river near the ministry. At this time his face is so funny. Also, his appearance is funny too. He looks like a little squirrel. He is short and skinny.

Also, I like the song that the guys sing. Its name is
stage

Re: O Brother, Where Art Thou?

Postby chuanqiandai » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:25 pm

Hi Mike.
I am Victor.

To be honest, I didn't understand the characters very well. As such, there is only one person I can really remember. His name is Delmar. In my opinion, he is the most silent and inconspicuous. At one point in the story, He supposes that Pete was changed into a frog. So he is very worried about this. He tries his best to save Pete. But actually, Pete isn't changed into a frog. That is only a joke which Delmar makes. But there is no doubt that Delmar is very good nabs. He is very friendly, very kind.

Teacher's note: Thanks for posting. I recommend that you watch O Brother, Where Art Thou again after you finish the class. (You can rent it for $1 at Blockbuster or Redbox.) Then you can measure how much English you have learned. You may be happily surprised. Please see www.moviesgrowenglish.com/students for more information about this in the FAQs. :mrgreen:
chuanqiandai

Postby ingridbdutra » Sun May 15, 2011 7:14 pm

My favorite character in the movie "O Brother" is Penny (Everett's wife) and her 7 kids. I loved Penny's character because she not appears in many scenes, but she add a beautiful color, fragility and a cute-feminine sense of humor for the movie. Also I loved Penny's little girls and the "He is Bona fide".
That movie smells too much testosterone and Penny gaves all the gentleness needed :)

Ingrid
ingridbdutra

Postby Kamil » Sun May 22, 2011 5:36 pm

O'Brother is a modern satire based on Homer
Kamil

Postby Charlykolo » Wed May 25, 2011 7:45 pm

In this movie, I will talking about Everette because for me he is the most important character of this movie. I think that he is the chief and the most intelligent, he is also smoothtalking and sophisticated. Before going to jail, he stole a treasure which is hide. This is the most important character because if he wasn't here the movie was done because only him knows where is it, so we need him for this movie,he was indispensable.

Teacher's note: This brief character analysis states that Everett stole and hid some money. In fact, he did not. This was a story he told the other two so that they would be willing to help him escape. Remember, they were chained together at the start of the story. The real reason for Everett's escape is to be with his family. There are numerous grammar errors here. We really need to work on this. Thanks for posting. --Mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :|
Charlykolo

Postby daniela.fiestas » Thu May 26, 2011 4:08 pm

In this movie, I HAD TO choose The Sirens. Even though they did not apear long time in the movie, but I chose them because it shows how a woman can take control of a man, even though if we ignore them for a bit. I like how the sirens use their body language to catch them and then they left the guys in the river like rats. I think that all of the sirens were doing their chores in the same way, and they work in the same level.

It was hard to me to understand the movie, but i finally did it :)!
daniela.fiestas

Previous

Return to Movie Reports