[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - INTO THE WILD--High-UP JETS?

INTO THE WILD--High-UP JETS?

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

INTO THE WILD

Postby maikuu » Tue May 17, 2011 5:43 pm

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: Into the Wild

Postby Hsing-Ying,Lee » Tue May 17, 2011 6:15 pm

Hello, Mike. This is my opinion. :)

This is a good movie even I do not like it. It makes you think of your life. This movie shows the life of a man who leaves every thing and what does he learn and realize at the end.

His family life was unhappy - his parents had the kind of marriage that should have led to divorce, but didn't. And he feels a deep rejection of modern life. He burns all his IDs, gives away his money.

Many young people coming out of college seek something different from the lives their parents led. Without letting his family know where he is, he just disappears. In two years he will climb the highest peak of his journey, tramping off into the Alaskan wilderness alone, into the wild, to get away from people altogether.

I think he died unnecessary and kind of stupid. I love the only thing is the sentence by Chris
Hsing-Ying,Lee

Postby tomomi kosumi » Tue May 17, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi Mike!!! This is Tomo chan :lol:

I have only one scene that I like in this movie, but I think this movie make us to think about our life. The scene I like was the main character met the girl who was in the movie named twilight :lol:
I think it is just because I like romantic movie or the actress lol
In my opinion, the main character was having a good life. If I was him I was happy because I think he had a lot of fun. Only he regret was he could not see his family at last I guess. I can not believe that he did not see his family... If I can not see my family when I am going to dye, I will be very sad :o
After I watched this movie I thought about my life, because he throw him money and he did not have anything, but he was arrived. I think that time or who am I going to spend is more important than money I think, so I decide that even if I am not going to be rich with my singing, I will still be a singer because that is what make me happy :D

There are jet high from sky several times, I think the director want say get you life ;)
I am pretty sure I will.

Thank you for reading:)

Teacher's note: You're most welcome. I enjoyed reading your opinion because you are not afraid to be critical but in a constructive way. There are a number of syntax errors, some basic, some advanced (e.g. conditional use). Keep writing. You're doing well. --Mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com 8-)
Last edited by tomomi kosumi on Wed May 18, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomomi kosumi

Postby shoko » Wed May 18, 2011 5:57 am

After I watched this movie, I think it
shoko

Postby JinYoung Jang » Wed May 18, 2011 9:40 am

Hi Mike this is JinYoung Jang :lol: :mrgreen:

when i saw this movie, i thought chris is kind of selfish man and he met his death trying to push ahead with his wild scheme.
I can't understand. he graduate highschool with a outstanding grade also he had a chace to admission good university.
The way what he chose is extreme way. If I were a chris, I would go university.
It is not too late after get in unversity and then I can take plenty of time slowly to establish my identify.
As you know , i think every people's have mind to escape out of their everyday same frame.
but they can't because they have to responsible their family and it's hard to insulate from the world.
I think Chris parents feel guilty about him and very sad we can see in first scene. it's the another reason why we can't leave house we will make super worry
If chris really want to find real meaning it's better to just take time and Chris need to convince them of his enthusiasm by talking , instead of death in cold Alaska :lol: :oops: :P :) :mrgreen: :ugeek: :shock: 8-)

thank you for reading mike :)

Teacher's note: You're most welcome! The first thing that jumped out was the lack of capital letters. Please focus on preposition choice and placement, also verb form. There are some basic errors in these departments. I think there is some good advice expressed in this essay. --Mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :)
JinYoung Jang

Postby ahrampark » Wed May 18, 2011 11:26 am

Hello,Mike :D

I heard that this movie is based on a true story, so this fact attracts my attention.
In the movie the main character, Christopher McCandless, has wealthy parents, but he became disillusioned with materialism and enter into the wild.While I was watching the movie for a few minutes, I didn
Last edited by ahrampark on Fri May 27, 2011 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
ahrampark

Postby liuyujun » Wed May 18, 2011 11:26 am

This movie gave me a complicated impression after I watched it. First, it was adapted by a book which depends on a real story, so, I don
liuyujun

Postby EffyChoi » Wed May 18, 2011 7:14 pm

Into the Wild

Before I write my opinion, I want to tell something. I really hadn
EffyChoi

Postby yuto xiaotaozhong » Thu May 19, 2011 1:40 am

HI!mike,this is yuto.

After I watched this movie , I admired ane envy chriss, because he could leave everything, he left

his family and stay away from the whole society, how could a 20 years young people be brave

enough to do this? He is a vevy smart young man , he has a very bright future .

I don't know how can I comment on him , I don't have any right to comment on him , beacuase

I have never done this kind of thing , I can not leave my family , I can not say he doesn't love

his family. Although I think his arction was so crazy and selfish,and ignore his family's feelings.

He read lots of books ,and this kind of books make impressive different on him ,

which cause him wanted to get rid of society .He was too young ,so that he can not really uunderstand

what those writers really want to say, so what he did was so crasy.However I admired him .

Teacher's note: First a comment on formating. IMHO In the context of a bulletin board such as this one, I would prefer to see single space, text-wrapped with paragraph breaks every 4-6 lines. This makes for the most inviting reading environment. Also we do not put a space before a comma like this , but rather like this, as can be seen. Same for periods. Finally, I strongly encourage all writers to proof-read before submitting for publication. I like how you tried to understand Chris' motivations even if you think he is wrong. This takes courage. Thanks for posting. --Mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :D
yuto xiaotaozhong

Postby ryan kwag » Thu May 19, 2011 5:34 am

Hi Mike, I am Ryan.

Before my opinion of Chris McCandless' great adventure to Alaska, I will talk about "Why do we see the jets high in the sky several times during the movie Into the Wild?" and "What is the director's message?". The movie Into the Wild shows us the jets high in the sky several times because director wants to tell something through this scene. I am not sure, but I guess this means like eager to find freedom or want to be free. I think it is kind of an absurd dream to fly high and to be free without any materials.

When I first saw this movie, I was a little curious that person who has opportunity to enter superior university, and everything seems fine actually can do things like this. I really like to travel other countries and doing adventures things, so this movies Into the Wild was interesting to me. Also this movie makes me think of about materialism and escape from modern life. I never thought I could do things like that, but during watching the movie I changed my mind to perfectly feasible ideal adventure.

In my opinion Chris McCandless' is a great adventurer who trevaled to Alaska without any food products or medicines. He ate animals that he cought in alaska and stayed in camping car that he found there. However, he was unfortunate guy who ate poison plant through an oversight. I think this mistake cause him to death. If he did not eat poison plant and choose proper vegetables then he might return to his family or his "grandfather" who wants to adopt him because at the end of his life, he realized that unclouded happiness is only became real when it shares with other people.

Thank you for reading, and have a good day Mike. :D :)

Teacher's note: And thank you for posting. It seems you have made a worthy prediction of what would have happened had Chris survived. He left a lot of loose ends before setting off for his great Alaska adventure, and I agree that he must have intended to return and tie these ends up. This also makes a good case against the idea that he may have been suicidal. Be careful with spelling and word choice. --Mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :shock:
ryan kwag

Next

Return to Movie Reports