INTO THE WILD--High-UP JETS?

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: Into the Wild

Postby aaadefender » Thu May 19, 2011 8:58 am

Hi. Mike this is Alex. This movie is hard to explain for me because it is too metaphysical to write.

Many people think that Chris wanted freedom, so he stayed in the Alaska for his freedom.
However I think that Chris was a indulgently and he just wanted to do what he wanted.
He cared about nothing, even though his family. His Alaska life was looks like primitive man
life, also he can not free about eating and sleeping, finally he got perfect freedom when he died.

When he saw the sky, he saw a air plane three times. I think that the air plane could show to me like
this "we can see it, but we can get it". Chris really wanted to get freedom, but he couldn not get freedom
when he live.

Thank you for reading.

Teacher's note: You're most welcome. I agree that 'Into the Wild' is metaphysical, yet there are plenty of visual and verbal clues as to why Chris abandoned his family. What was troubling to me was why he abandoned Carine, the one person in the world that he was close to. Perhaps Chris felt that the only way to go was to have a clean break. In the movie, Carine tries to rationalize his reasoning, but in the end comes to no reasonable conclusion. Thanks for posting. --Mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :?
aaadefender

Postby Jongho » Thu May 19, 2011 10:07 am

Hi, Mike. This is Jongho Baek.

I saw this movie very carefully. When my father was young, he adventured the mountain alone for fifteen days like Chris. Of course, my father is still alive. :D Although he told me several times about his self-answering trip, he never taught me what he got and why do I have to do. He just recommended it and said that I had to figure out the answer by myself. In the movie, Chris tried to choose between absolute freedom and society. I believe that questioning and answering by myself is the most important part to stand individually. If I have a chance, I
Jongho

INTO THE WILD

Postby intothewild » Thu May 19, 2011 11:18 am

I think what Chris did was brave and risky. On the other hand it was a dangerous and not a very smart move. . First of all, he wasn
intothewild

Postby Charlykolo » Thu May 19, 2011 6:04 pm

INTO THE WILD

In my opinion, i think that chris isn't in the same world that us. Actually, in the world you have to earn money to live, chris didn't like it. Of course when you have a money you are not always happy but it's a good help. Leaving everything for move can be a good idea but after it depend where you are going. Him, he went to ALASKA, lived in an old car without windows, he wanted to be alone and a quiet place, it was the perfect area but not for live. It was very hard because around this place it was spread of forest and chris life was similary like a primate guys who lives a long time ago.
Before he leaft, his relationship with this parents was bad, they were so diferent of him, chris was also a good student graduated from is school, but the life after wasn't important for him. He could choice is life and he decided to live a rude life, that's why i can't understand him and now i have a question, know if it was a good way for be happy?

Teacher's note: This essay is filled with syntax errors; some I suspect are derived from first-language transference (ouch). We'll seriously need to work on this over time. It would also help to clarify your ideas and logic. Perhaps Chris does live in the same world as some of us. Perhaps you didn't notice how deeply he felt betrayed by his parents. His decision seemed based on a profound level of betrayal coupled with a desire to be free of material benefits. The story of 'Into the Wild' is actually quite complex. I hope you'll explore its meaning in greater detail. Thanks for posting. --Mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :o
Charlykolo

Postby brhnysa » Thu May 19, 2011 6:14 pm

hi mike its burhan yasa

In my opinion , when I was wacthing this movie ,I thought why do chris think about to go away from his parents because, if chris want to go away from his own parents, he probably has problem with parents and he do not love own parents .After that I understood why chris want to go away from his own parents.Because his parents has some problem .Also chris has had some problem about his own family since he was young
I think , he do not want to live with this problems so he want to be alone . people who go away from their family or life ,dont have any goal or future plan .therefore Chris do not have any goals and future plana he just want to live natural life such as when he want to eat somethink . he have to find some animal or plant ,vegitable etc so he lives to survive just this. In my opinion ,chris should not have go away from his parents.Because , anything can not be more important than humans life
tahank u for reading mike

Teacher's note: There are so many typos, mistakes, and errors here that I don't know where to begin. First off, always proof-read before submitting. I'm sure you rushed through this without proofing. Am I right? Aside from that, I like your ideas about Chris' relationship with his family and its tragic consequences. Thanks for posting. --Mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :|
brhnysa

Postby Amy » Thu May 19, 2011 10:27 pm

hi, mike this is from IEP2 amy.

As a one of road film's fan, I loved this movie from the beginning to the ending scene. While I was watching the movie, I could totally understood why he started this long journey. I was used to have same idea and questions about life when I was teenager. so I often went to travel alone or with bestfriend when I was in korea not only for fun but also for freedom thinking, views. The first question heading on my head while I was watching movie was that ' why would he trying to get to the Alaska so badly? ' He said he has footloose, but I think actually he's on a way to find himself who he is and what he really wants to be. During the movie, I could see the jets high in the sky several times. I think it gives a hint what chris had desired for his life ; Freedom. I quess he might wants to be free not only from worldly fame, social standing but also from his unhappy family. I couldn't forget the scene that he yelled to big guy in a bar about he got sick of ' social, social, and social! ' Even though we cannot sure why he died, I think he might have found the answer which he was looking for entire life. I remember he died with smiling and watching deep blue sky. he found a key that he was looking for. The key said that "happiness is gets bigger when we share."
I really love this movie because I could not only enjoying the movie but also thinking about my past,present,and future in philosophical way.
moreover, I really loved the music which was used in movie. :)
Amy

Postby YUCHEN FAN » Thu May 19, 2011 11:28 pm

Hi Mike,this is Yuchen Fan.

When I watched this movies,it made me think deeply.I think every young person wants to be free.Because if they are free,they can do every thing which they want,it like Chris in the movie.He didn't need money and family.He just wanted to get free.In the movie,Chris saw the air plane many times.He might have wanted to be free to like an airplane flying in the sky.Moreover,he got free,and he stayed in Alaska,but he did not have enough experience in field life, and finally he died in there because of food poisoning.When he died, he laughed. Because he got the life which he wanted,and that was the truly free.I think in this world it has very few people like Chris to abandon every thing for their freedom,it is very hard to make a choise because it takes a lot of courage.

Thank you for reading.
YUCHEN FAN

Postby klaudiaguca » Sat May 21, 2011 1:55 pm

The movie ' Into the wild', directed by Sean Penn, is a true story about Christopher McCandless, a drop-out from society that wants to find his way to freedom of materialism and dependence on anybody or anything.
klaudiaguca

Postby Kamil » Sun May 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Into the Wild is a American biographical drama film directed by Sean Penn in 2003. It is an adaptation of 1996 non-fiction book based on Christopher McCandless and his travels. Emile Hirsch is playing the role of McCandless.

To my mind Into the Wild is a beautiful postcard. The landscapes are fabulous, the picture is great, the sequences shots are well filmed.
Unfortunately we can't say the same about the scenario and the story. It drips of good feelings, the main character is insipid, worn and very manichean. It could have worked, I wanted to believe in it but there were too much "clich
Kamil

Postby Shihuang Wu » Mon May 23, 2011 3:02 am

I do not like this kind of movie, but I still like this movie!

It is difficult to believe that how can he life in the wild withnot computer?cellphone and everything we always use in our free time for a long time?The point is he kooks handsome,he has a rich family and he is going to study in a great universty ! Eeverything look but he just abandon everything and then go into the wild! He is crazy!

In fact, I have to admire he.I can not do that if I am he! He do not need to care the money, the honour and responsibility . Just enjoy everything he saw, enjoy everybody he met and enjoy free. Maybe he think he is happy?but I think he is alone because when he died?he is alone?

we see the jets high in the sky several times during the movie?I think it is want to tell us
Shihuang Wu

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports