INTO THE WILD--High-UP JETS?

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: Into the Wild

Postby chuanqiandai » Mon May 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Hi Mike. Here is Victor.

This is my first time to see the movie. Actually I like the movie very much, but I can't understand what why Chris McCandless is so crazy that adventure to Alaska. As far as I am concern, that is the ture story. Chris McCandless graduated from the very famous university. He should follow most of his friends' chose that find a very good job and has a very nice furture. But out of our mind, he adventure to Alaska. Because of want to get more freedom? Want to travel all around the world? In fanct,I don't know. When Chris McCandless became to die, maybe he suddenly know that how important the life it is. But it is too late.

So, if I graduated from the very famous university, I will never do the crazy things like Chris McCandless did. In my opinion, man can't live without famous. If you only care about how many freedom you get, you must to go into the wrong way. Our parent take care of us for a long time. We have to take care of them when we grow up. So I don't agree what did Chris McCandless do.

Thanks for reading.
chuanqiandai

Postby shelln » Tue May 24, 2011 1:46 am

Meng

All the movie you show to us has good implied meaning but expect this one i think. Quote a word from movie "Girzzly Man", it is "I see only the overwhelming indifference of nature."

McCandless is responsible for his own action. I think human's society is a kind of nature thing, it developed by organisms from earth. So, society is also a "wild". In my mind, this movie may be wants to advocate McCandless's personally value, director use many magnificent scene to show the pure sprit which McCandless wants take off all the things from dirty society and went into the pure wild. Eventhough he felt lonely, and he died, but he got the real meaning of happy, that's not the implied meaning i got. I just perceive that real nature(even though in national park..) is very hard for singel person to live because human is social animals and this lasted for million years already. He cant break this ruel. Hes died was not mean the mercy by nature, he was ate by nature. So, for the human, obey the rule of society is obey the rule of nature. McCandless run away form socity to wild is not great, just escape all the things he didnt like.

Actually the "freedom" McCandless wants is a kind of lonely. I agree this point in the movie, human cant live wizout group.

I didn't mean any offense to this movie, it just my personal opinion.

Teacher's note: IMHO this is an amazing insight, a truly organic view of the movie. I think if Chris McCandless were observing this story, he would have a similar opinion, not a sugar-frosted ideal. Thanks for your honesty. There are numerous basic spelling and grammar errors we need to work on. This is the main problem. Once you cut past this, you're going to be a popular blogger. And what about the jets? Thanks for posting. --Mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :mrgreen:
shelln

Postby omar » Tue May 24, 2011 10:26 am

I like the way the movie has been filmed because you can really feel what CHRIS feels during his experience.
I can understand that CHRIS got sick of his life , or he can't stand the society , the american system and all this stuff.However, he could have taken a break for couple of months in stead of spending two years enjoying the small real pleasures of life. We can not live out the society , we have to adapt our self. I am sure that CHRIS learned a lot from his adventure, but don't forget he died at the end. Therefore, was his adventure such beneficial until the extreme point to die. Moreover, i think that family is the supreme value, so the minimum is to be grateful to your parent for making him, raising him, taking care of him, and getting him the chance to study. He can disagree with his parents for some reasons but not until the point to leave and hurt them.In addition , Chris was looking lonely for happiness. and he understood that happiness has to be shared.

Teacher's note: Thanks for posting. This post could benefit from some extensive editing, but the basic ideas are sound. I like how you recognize the deficiencies in Chris' philosophy which may have lead to his demise. --Mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish. :cry:
omar

INTO THE WILD

Postby STACEY KANG » Tue May 24, 2011 5:09 pm

The movie which appears a guy who has perfect family and schooling.
The future of the guy might be not too bad. He seemed has many opportunities, happiness and good people around him.
But there was the start of the story. He abandoned all of his life and He left to find his real happiness because He didn't satisfied with his life.
Even though, People said well-education, property, good family and friends all are the most important things in their life,
He wasn't able to feel happy in his society. So, he left a travel for freedom.
At traveling, he became meet a lot of people in nature and I thought He could be find happiness into them.
Unfortunately, he died from taking toxin into some leaves by mistake.
I think, the scene of airplane means he wanted to go back to past his days.
and He was missing his family.
At the beginning, that movie was really boring but finally the movie told us a valuable message.
"Happiness value when it shared."
Also, I agreed his question and I'm either keep trying to find this as same as him.
"Where is my happiness?"

Stacey. IEP2 Thank you.

Teacher's note: Thank you, Stacey, for posting. First off, I'd like to reiterate that for a bulletin board such as this one, the most reader-inviting approach to formating is to text-wrap your content and break it into 4-6 line paragraphs (like what I did here). Your essay presents a good summary of 'Into the Wild,' but what is your opinion of what Chris does? Do you think he went too far? Was he just unlucky? Also we must work to improve the syntax. Keep writing. --Mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :geek:
STACEY KANG

Postby Heejung Shin » Tue May 24, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi, Mike! This is Heejung.

In my opinion, the movie
Heejung Shin

Re: Into the Wild from desiree

Postby desiree1 » Wed May 25, 2011 10:01 am

My opinion that what Chris did was brave and courageous. So Chris really wanted to experience the outdoors. Even though he came from a wealthy background and had loving parents he still wanted to gain his indepenedence. And he didn't want to be caged in. And do what others wanted him to do. The only problem was that he wasnt exactly ready nor was he prepared for this. Even though he his supplies he still didnt know how to utilize the skills that was needed. And he was alone.
Even though he met some friends along his journey. His mind was made up to be free and he really wanted to see how far he could take this. To summarize this story chris was happy and he believed in his dreams qnd no matter he never gave up on his journey towards independence. Chris's stubborness is what killed him because he knew that he wasnt close to being ready for this journey even though he felt like he was. If I was in his shoes i would not do this because i believe that everyone should have some one. When i see planes in the sky i have a feeling of freedom to do whatever and feel strong about my beliefs.

Teacher's note: I think this opinion piece hits all the bases pretty well. And I happen to agree with most of it, as well. I'm guessing you proof-read before submitting as there are few syntax or spelling errors. I noticed the pronoun I sometimes appears in lower case like this i. Oops. Thanks so much for posting. --Mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :D
desiree1

Postby Charlykolo » Wed May 25, 2011 7:20 pm

In the movie, you can see that Chris Mc Candless was looking the sky, he could see few planes fly through the storm. In my opinion, I think that the author wanted to show that Chris is not alone in the world. In effect, he lives in a rude area, hostile and without people, he was really isolated of everything. This contact with the plane was the last contact with the people, no one lived in this part of Alaska but they through this area by plane. there were two choices for Chris, go back and lives in a world who don't like or stay here and waiting to die.

Teacher's note: I get what you say about the planes in the sky. As before, we need to focus on English syntax. Thanks much for adding this 'Into the Wild' post to your previous post. --Mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :(
Charlykolo

Postby daniela.fiestas » Thu May 26, 2011 3:59 pm

In my point of view, i really liked this movie because it shows that sometimes money does not make you feel "complete". In this case, Chris had everything, he finished high school, he had a great life, his parents had a good economic position, he had a great relationship with his sister, not that good with his parents but aparentaly he had really great things going on in his life, furthermore, he was young so that he was starting to build his life. He wanted to be free. He wanted to had the experience and see how was life without money, the noise of the city, no previligeus and explore life in nature and survivol.

This movie tought me that it does not matter what people think, if you believe in yourself you will be able to do great things. As Chris followed his dream which was going to Alaska, we have to follow our dreams and go for what we really want.
I believe that he tried and did show that it doesn't matter if you are having or passing a bad situation, either economically or emotionally, you have to always look the best part of it, and ALWAYS SMILE and NEVER GIVE UP.

Finally, i think that what the director was trying to represent with the planes flying in the sky was that freedom feeling, after all what he had been throug, starving days, pain, dangerously, he was finally free. He did what he wanted to do so now, he was going to be completely FREE.
daniela.fiestas

Postby danielh » Thu May 26, 2011 6:58 pm

The movie
danielh

Postby anneyano » Thu May 26, 2011 8:50 pm

I don't know how many times I've seen this movie before. But the funny things every time I watch it, I have different impression for Chris McCandless.

I was only sixteen when I saw it for the first time. I went to the old theater with my dad, and I fell in love with unique characters, musics and everything about the movie. And he became like a hero to me. He had been so eager to seek the freedom from every burdensome and also "truth." Then rambled into the wild, met a hippie then became like a hippie
anneyano

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports