http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: AVATAR

Postby shoko » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:01 am

In this movie, I think the most impressive point is Navi keep the balance of life and death. That idea is not only for Navi people themselves but also the life in the nature, like animals. In other words, they keep balance of ecology following their indigenous way. When Jake is about to be attacked by the wild animals, A Navi named Neytiri serves him. After she helps him, she warns him that they are unnecessary to die, being irritable. It means she does not want to kill them as possible as she can.
Thinking about our life, for getting more advanced life, we are trying to change every possible day by day. After this movie, I think it may destroy the balance of life and death.
shoko

Postby daniela.fiestas » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:10 am

Hi Mike:

I never watched the movie before because the cover did not catch my eye at first.
For me, the message of this movie it is that it doesn't matter where you are coming from, what you are accostumed to, your race, if you are human being or not, it is all about that if we all work together for something, we will get it.
Everything can be solved by talking, instead of fighting. Talk is the fact of life, because if we dont do it and just act by impulse, then we will never live a peaceful enviorment.

Thank you,
Daniela.
daniela.fiestas

Postby ahrampark » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:16 am

I think the movie
ahrampark

Postby liuyujun » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:55 am

From my perspective, the movie, Avatar, gives people at least two massages about our plant.

In the first place, I think it conveys a fact that the powerful
country or race always try to dominate others. Far from the ancient, when a country is more powerful than others, it often wants to control other countries and exploits them to gain resources from them. Just like human race try to get the ore which is very high- value and is abundant in the underground of Navi
liuyujun

Postby anneyano » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:38 am

This one of the most popular movies ever; Avater deals with the eternal theme about the balance between the indigenous culture and the advanced culture. In my opinion, the message from this movie is very clear, "take a balance with nature and do not absorb the resources to the limit".

According to the movie, the people from the earth already burned out the green and used them up to the limit so that now they don't have any green in there. Even after exploiting their own resources, they tried to dominance the plenty of beautiful stocks over the indigenous people, and they didn't have any ideas how to use these them correctly. If they were succeeded in exploiting the resources from the local people, they would end up with burning out all of them and going to another world which has a plenty of stocks. That is why the doctor called them "moron". They will never ever learn anything.

Actually, we face to the same situation. We already have sad culture clash histories and, we only have few resources, so have to treat them correctly and take a balance with nature. That is the best way to live longer on the earth.
anneyano

Re: AVATAR Desiree Lenz

Postby phame » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:20 am

AVATAR is saying, "They are very hard to kill." We dont want to carticaleat with humans because they distroyed there planet by distroyed thereselves. There guns and also globole wurning and cut off there air sepley etc. They clouning us and at the same time they want to kill us and take over. We dont have as much weapons as humans do ,because we use are weapons only for safey. We are a peaceful planet and we dont want to harm anyone. Humans want to take things that doesnt belong to them. So we fight for whats our's. So we protrect the young and the oldest and the cadles. Also our food supley. They discaise thereselves to try to be like us so they can learn our abilyties and we rearcornation. They want the powers from our trees. They killed millions off us so they can biuled there new land on our land but, we will never distroy us. They want the tree off souls. We took off with there weapons and going up against gunships with bows and arrows. We needed to fight against them, because we have protect the balance of life. The humans started to bomb our, lovely nature and animals.
If we did not stop them, they would change our land and we can not let that happen.
phame

Postby shelln » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:00 am

The message of director want give to us is probably earth's ecology.

In the movie, more than one scene shows the earth resource scarcity and ecological destruction that human had to invading other planet to plundered resources. Director use Pandora planet's beautiful natural environment and harmonious social system to ironic the earth, the war form human, the destruction of the planet themselvies. In the film, although human's dominance failed, but in the real world, it is worth to us to reflect of these things.

The environment of human lives has been destroyed more and more, if human only development technology, we will be the same as the movie sooner or later, and we had to give up our own plant to invade other planet. Aggression is not human's mistake, it is the necessary way to developement. But, we can't wreak havoc our own living environment.

Meng
shelln

Postby danielh » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:14 pm

In my opinion, the main "message" of Avatar is, that one day there would be no more forests in the world. Because the human being is building and therefore destroying places like forests. It wants to tell us to take more care about our planet and the environment.
Another message could be about wars. The movie shows how bad a war can be and what bad consequences it has. That could be seen in the scene when the US army approachs Pandora and begins to destroy. Simultaneously, the "Navi" people tried to defend their land. A lot of them died at this battle.

Daniel Hakakian
danielh

Postby ingridbdutra » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:25 am

So far this is my favorite movie watched in class. I love everything about this movie, principally the message.

In the earth week, this is the perfect movie to watch. We are product of the environment, like it or not: Global Warming, pollution of air and water, endangered animais and so on are all consequences of humam acts. We have the stupid thinking that we are superior to everything and everyone that inhabits the Earth before we came and started progress, like we did with the indigenous and in the movie with the Na'vi' people.

We're so busy trying to make our lives better, working, studying etc. that many times we just forget to look around us. The Na'vi' people live in a perfect communion with Pandora. They feel the environment and respect everything about it. They know how powerful the environment is in their lives.

I hope that more and more people watch this movie, complain about all the messages and don't repeat the same mistake that our ancestors did.

It is needing to live in balance with the world. "Sooner or later, you always have to wake up." :!:

Ingrid
ingridbdutra

Postby buketbavas » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:12 pm

Avatar is my favorite movie.Avatar has really good sound effects and image quality.In my opinion,people should watch Avatar in 3D.In addition,Avatar has a really good story which people can get a life lesson.Main topic is people shouldn`t bother another people ,and when they discover something they should do that naturally because they don`t know their natur and also life styl.Therefore,people should be polite ,and they should show respect for another people`s life.
buketbavas

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports