http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: AVATAR

Postby omar » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:37 pm

AVATAR sent us a message which says that people are hangry. People in our planet have never been satisfied, they always want more that they already own. Therefore, people can not live in peace, they must do the war to become the most powerful. Nowdays, everyworld is looking for the pusrsuit of the power. They want get bigger than ever before, but this philosophy must cause the war. Maybe , people are thinking about the futur and are looking for new energy, so i think that they are ready to destroy or colonize land to become stronger. However, humain forgets that we have to save our planet.
omar

Postby nurkassym » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:32 pm

I have waited for "Avatar" for a long time. I was expecting something huge and euphoric. And I want to say that this movie has justified my expectations. I liked Avatar very much, and two hours and half seemed like two minutes for me.

I loved how James Cameron directed that movie and how the special effects worked out. The overall picture of the movie is amazing, and I think that Pandora planet is something beyond our existence. This movie is fascinating and it definitely brings a message to us.

Pandora is a different world, I would even call it the opposite planet because I think that the nature of Pandora is so clean and is not damaged by human's hands, and it is something that we can't say about Earth. The air is so clean that human beings can't even breath on Pandora; trees are green, and the inhabitants of this unique planet are so generous with what mother nature gave them. They have a special tree and these "people" (if I can say that) treat it so nicely and with huge respect.

In conclusion, I want to say I wish people (we) could take care of our environment as good as Pandora's citizens do.

Teacher's note: This opinion piece is very professionally written. I commend your prodigeous effort on behalf of your profoundly incicive intuition. And I'm glad you finally got to see it.

Thanks for your comments. --mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com 8-)
nurkassym

Postby stage » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:37 am

In my opinion, we have to focus on not only visual scenes but also the message that Avatar - or director James Cameron - wants to say. In the movie, humans try to dig unobtainum (which is not real ore) without the agreement of the Na
stage

Postby Charlykolo » Wed May 04, 2011 10:47 am

Hi mike,

Avatar, for me is a movie where you can learn a lot about two different civilizations. We get a glimpse of a civilization discovered by other people when the cultural balance is different.

In this movie,we see a beautiful new world where the indigenous live. The environment is huge with many forests. This world is rich with new animals and plants. Everything is so different and so nice.

The human come in this world to make money, so they destroy everything with many big machines. The indigenous are stronger than the humans who finally lose because the people of Pandora are united in their exploit. They win but many indigenous die. The ecology is hurt because the forest, plants and animals are killed.

The movie shows us that meeting a new civilization can be a great moment for everybody but instead begins a war. We should be more respectful and learn about each other.

Thanks mike for reading.

Teacher's note: Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :geek:
Charlykolo

Postby brhnysa » Wed May 11, 2011 10:34 am

hi mike its burhan yasa
I would like to say someting before i start writing ... im so sorry about that I made 1 time but I regretted and i promise i never do like this

avatar ... when I heard this movies name everybody talked abot this movies .after that I decided to watch avartar .I watched avatar in 3D I think 3 D better than normal style ....people shoul watch avatar in 3 D . Avatar which is a science fiction movies include emotion and love .In my opinion this movies main Idea everthing should remain natural .the avatar says about our world ; Anybody can not change the blance of nature. Therefore, the soldier did notdo anythig.Hovever, If they were succeeded in exploiting the resources from the local people, they would end up with burning out all of them and going to another world which has a plenty of stocks so the doctor called morons .
Finaly, everybody learn something from this movie because this world is our world we must protect it .
thank u for reading mike :)
brhnysa

Postby chuanqiandai » Sat May 14, 2011 5:38 pm

Hi Mike. This is Victor.

This is my first time to see the movie. I was attracted by the beautiful scenery and I like it very much.

In the movie, we can found that the army destory the forest beacuse of the exploitation. I consider that there is a stupid thing that they have do. In the real world, human always ignore a lot of thing when they try their best to earn more money. Sometime they will infract the rule of ecology. For example, in China, some businessman will destroy the forest or the farmland because of the exploitation. They will build the building there instead of the plan.

In my opinion,the environment will clash if the human do it. A lot of people think that human is the leader of the world,and they should dominace the world. They can do everything as the like. I am not agree with it. Human can't live if the environment is destroyed by human. So, the important thing we should do is try our best to protect the environment. We should balance the environment.

The message which I got in the AVATAR is human should protect the environment. Stop destroying the environment.

Thank for reading.
chuanqiandai

Postby Charlykolo » Thu May 19, 2011 10:17 am

The Avatar message is probably a peaceful message, they show us the conquest and the oppression of the technological civilizations against the native and 'natural' cultures, so its a picture of the current situation except than the oppresses don't have a mystical intervention.

Nicolas Gauvin.
Charlykolo

Postby chuanqiandai » Mon May 23, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Mike. This is Victor.

This is my first time to see the movie. I was attracted by the beautiful scenery and I like it very much.

In the movie, we can found that the army destory the forest beacuse of the exploitation. I consider that there is a stupid thing that they have do. In the real world, human always ignore a lot of thing when they try their best to earn more money. Sometime they will infract the rule of ecology. For example, in China, some businessman will destroy the forest or the farmland because of the exploitation. They will build the building there instead of the plan.

In my opinion,the environment will clash if the human do it. A lot of people think that human is the leader of the world,and they should dominace the world. They can do everything as the like. I am not agree with it. Human can't live if the environment is destroyed by human. So, the important thing we should do is try our best to protect the environment. We should balance the environment.

The message which I got in the AVATAR is human should protect the environment. Stop destroying the environment.

Thank for reading.
chuanqiandai

Previous

Return to Movie Reports