[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - ENCHANTED

ENCHANTED

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

ENCHANTED

Postby maikuu » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:53 pm

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: Enchanted - Summer 2011, SMC IE1

Postby bluecomets » Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Na Ri Kim
July 8, 2011

Waiting For My Prince Chaming

Have you ever believed in fairy tales? Have you ever been to Andalasia? You probably have not. It is a fairytale world, the most beautiful place in the world. It can be in your mind or out there somewhere, but we can
bluecomets

Postby hyemi_yang » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:00 am

Hyemi Yang
7/9/2011

Everybody Dreams About Happily Ever After

The Fairy-tale world called Andalasia. Giselle & Edward live there. Andalasia is beautiful, peaceful place and even animals & human can talk together. So, they're friend each other. But there are another world where is different from Andalasia. That is Real world, New York. New York is very busy and crowded place. And as you know, animals can't talk in real world.

However, The Fairy-tale world and Real world have a similar side. First, If someone doesn't show emotion, the others doesn't know how one's feel. The Fairy-tale has simple emotions. So Giselle & Edward can read the mind each other just by the looking eyes, but they show their mind, through songs. Second, people don't like divorce. Even Robert is divorce lawyer, he doesn't like his' divorce experience. Third, every body falls in love. This is kind of a foolish story perhaps, but it is very important point to both world.

And of course, The Fairy-tale world and Real world have a different side too. First, Giselle didn't know what is angry, and what does it mean. But Robert knows that. Because, Giselle never feels angry in Andalasia. Second, people don't like divorce, even Robert doesn't like it, but He thinks divorce is a possible thing. However, Giselle thinks that divorce is impossible thing. Third, although Both world believe true love, but Robert thinks that it doesn't exist. That Just exist a fairy-tale world, not real world. On the other hands, Giselle always told Robert to true love exist.

In my personal preference, I prefer the fairy-tale world. It's a little bit silly sound but I like there. First, I don' t like complicated. But The real world is very complicated. Especially human relationships. It is very difficult for me. Second reason is I want to believe a true love. But, it is very strange to say in my real world. I think so too, but If I could, I want to believe happily ever after.

Teacher's Note: The point of reference is a little unclear. For example, the first paragraph (which should be the introduction) seems to be about differences because of the way the second paragraph starts. Be sure to always signal your meaning clearly. Overall, some beautiful thoughts about the shortcomings of our real world. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com 8-)
hyemi_yang

Postby David301 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:31 am

Tae Hyoun Kim
07/09/2011

The sweet rain moisten a desert.

What is your way to love? Fate-oriented or realist ? Giselle was waiting her prince. Before she came to real society , Her way to love was Fate-oriented. But after she met a man who has a different way to love , their love method was changed. When a dragon takes a man , she grips a sword and follow a dragon. That means her action which always wait someone to save and take her was changed from passive to activity.

Compare and contrast to between fairy-tale world and real world.

First of all , a point of similarity is a people fall in love with someone. Second is people don't know each other's mind before someone express own mind. Third is the chipmonk saving Giselle from monsters.

Let's explain point of difference. First is the way to love between a real world and fairy-world. In the fairy-world, they're fate-oriented. But in a real world, people know each other through date. Second is animals in a real society couldn't speak and they're more dirty than fairy-world animals. Third is the Giselle's changing action from passive to activity.

After all ,in my opinion, a conclusion of this movie is through a man and woman who truly believed that their faith about love are right , are changed as affect each other find a midpoint which not only romantic love but also realistic love , about love between real-world and fairy-world.

I want to live in fariy-tale world with my princess because there exist a romantic love for forever. I agree with that true loves kiss is the most powerful thing in the world. The love is like a sweet rain at a desert.

Teacher's Note: I love "the sweet rain in the desert." Try to avoid opening with rhetorical questions. This is used more in oral presentations. Organization needs to be a little more concise. Also, the overall tone is too conversational. Some nice romantic ideas though. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:
Last edited by David301 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David301

Postby joonghyeeCho » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:54 pm

Joonghyee Cho
7/10/11

Living in our real life like fairytales

Fairytales are types of stories about magic or fairies. Fairytales are not only popular to children, but also to adults. Several people compare some features in fairytales with those in real lives. I believe there are similarities and differences between fairytales and our real world.

To begin with, there are some common things in fairytales and reality. In every fairytale, there are always evil characters who fight against main characters. For example, in Enchanted, the witch gives the main character, Giselle, an apple with poison to kill her. Both in fairytales and our lives, most people tend to fall in love. For example, in Enchanted, there is a love story between Giselle and Robert and they fall in love. In our life, we also tend to love someone. People have their goals and they want to make it. For example, Prince Edward tries to find Giselle in Enchanted and in our life, we have our goals like him.

However, there are also some differences in fairytales and reality. Mostly, fairytales have happy ending as Enchated does, but this does not always happen in reality. For example, Giselle and Robert achieve their love, but some people in real life divorce and then their life becomes unhappy. Secondly, we always have many competitions and failures, but in fairytales they happen less than in our life. For example, in fairytales, there are only a few people who compete with others. One last big difference is the existence of heroes. Every fairytale has a hero, but this is not always true in reality. For example, in the movie Robert saves Giselle's life by kissing her after she dies from a poisonous apple.

In conclusion, there are both similarities and differences between reality and fairytales. I prefer the world that I can live like the characters in fairytales like Enchanted. In fairy tales, everything is beautiful and peaceful to live. Also, as I said above there are not many competitions and failures in the ideal world. Therefore I want to live in the world without unhappiness.

Teacher's Note: Very well organized and logical. I like how this essay uses Enchanted as an example of the similarities and differences rather than speak directly to the movie. You have given yourself an opportunity to express creativity in an academic-style format that allows few such opportunities. Bravo and thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com 8-)
joonghyeeCho

Postby AHRA MOON » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:55 pm

*Enchanted- thruthful story or romanticized love way?

Actually, when i was in childhood i'd like to read fairy tales.because there is no sadending so i could feel happiness thereby read them but nowadays, especially after saw this movie, i felt that this movie doesn't make sense! i was felt unpleaseant at the last scene.actually Nancy has get kicked out by Robert! and they have a child. but at the last scene, the prince and Nancy(they have get kicked out both! T.T) was going out and go back to Andalasia! i couldn't understand how could they try to make to glorify this ending! it was kind of weird at least to me! i think i have lost my purify! but still i doudt intention of this movie : (

* Compare and contrast the real world with the fairy-tale world first, nobody doesn't atrracted by pureness! when she sang loudly, at home, at the steet, the people and animals who was near from her were sang together and respons at her! but on the other hands,when she arrivd at New York, there are a few things she can do herself. she didn't know what should she do. but if she was in her real world, she don't need to got stress by those massy world. as i think,they had better live at fairy tale world..! as i mentioned,i don't disire to live in glorified unhappy life

Teacher's Notes: Just to clarify, Nancy and Robert did not have Morgan, the child, together. Nancy was Robert's fianc
AHRA MOON

Postby Xiaoting Lin » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:58 pm

Xiaoting Lin
7/10/2011

Act creates Happiness

The story tells of a classic conflict between a magical fairytale and a gritty reality which is about a beautiful princess Giselle who is banished to a modern-day New York city by a jealous queen. When Giselle comes to our real word, she soon changes her mind on love after she meets Robert, a divorce lawyer.

As we all known, there are some differences between the reality and fantasic fairy tale. First, people can
Xiaoting Lin

Postby lihaoran » Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Ture Love or Bread

Everyone havs dream about love All of us want have a super sweet love In the movie ENCHANTED describe two perfect love story The only different is the background The one is in the real world the other one is in fairy-tale world.

In fairy-tale world You needn't to worry about anything. everyyhing is perfect You can possess of evenything you want. You don'thave trouble You can find a true love and marry to her in one day . In real world . It's impossible. In real world you need to worry a plentyof things your family ,work,interest,backgroud. You may take a couple of years to have your own family. After few years, you may have a baby. Then you will have more responsibility to faster-mother yourkid. At that time your ture love become relation.

But the uniform between two different world is love. The love direct you and your lover being together. that i met you was the fate.There are moilions of people all over the world. But you-all are together that is love . if you are fall in love . The picese of heart will missing herThat why we need love. It's a so different feeling over everthing.

For my view Nevertheless fairy-tale is perfect But i still perfer to living and marry in real world Because i think i will be sock of perfect if i stay at there for a long time. Trouble and time can check up the true love. if the love always perfect isdefinitely not the true love . we should

spend time to bridge over difficulties together . i think that why giselle chose real world.

Teacher's Notes: Interesting title, but what does it mean? Please focus on use of capital letters (e.g. i or I?). The logic of the essay is a little hard to follow because of syntax and organization. Did you plan out your essay before writing? As I suggested earlier, especially with a compare-and-contrast essay, it is imperative to plan it out before writing. There are some great ideas here. They just need to reshuffled to make better sense. Your writing is good, and it will get better with practice. Thanks so much for posting!
--mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :mrgreen:
Last edited by lihaoran on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
lihaoran

Postby heyunshuang » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:50 pm

Reality & Fairly Tale Life

This week,we saw Enchanted.The movie talk about a woman from fairly tale world to reality world,and finally she finds true love in reality world.The story looks like so sweet. But is it true in our real world?

Maybe some people think the fairly tale life is based on reality. so there have some similariles between two worlds.The fairly tale life always let us to feel romantic.In reality world there exactly has romanticism. And another point is the fairly tale life like our childhood. You know,when we are young,we are pure and childish. we always believe everything in fairly tale stories. But when we are growing up,we will finally know the pure mind,true love and perfect life etc.are belong to farily tale world.

Although fairly tale life is based on reality life,which people usually face cruel life. Fairly tale life always fairly tale,it isn't ture.It just a best wish in our soul.

Teacher's Notes: The first thing I notice is the essay has too much space between lines, doesn't follow the four-paragraph structure. Why? Also, I don't get the compare and contrast logic? The essay appears to be more of a summary with some commentary included. Please always follow the teacher instructions when writing. Not doing this will hurt your essay in the credit program.

In a write-what-you-want format, this would be a pretty good essay. The syntax and vocabulary are pretty strong as are your ideas. Keep writing and you'll become a better writer, if you pay attention. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :o
heyunshuang

Postby wan wu » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Wan Wu
7/10/2011

Your life decide on Yourself

The movie Enchented is a story about Giselle who lives in fairy-tale world until one day the Queen banishes her to New York. In New York, she lives in Robert's house. She knows the fairy-tale world and the real world is different, also she falls love with Robert. At last, she gives up live with prince, and choose to live with Robert in real world. If you are Giselle, which one do you choose?

Wherever live in fairy-tale world or real world, something is the same. You know Giselle is a kind girl. She is very nice to everyone. When she lives in fairy-tale world, the Prince loves her. When she lives in real world, Robert loves her. So we know that a nice person will have a happy live, wherever she lives. I believe that a nice person will have a happy ending.

Though the fairy-tale world and the real world have some similar things, they also have more differences. First, the fairy-tale world also has a happy ending, everyone is nice and the Prince can live with his lover. But in real world, not all the story has a happy ending. In fairy-tale world , everything is beautiful. But in real world , a lot of things is not beautiful, maybe something even is ugly. Second, fairy-tale situation never appear on real world. Though we know that this happy ending appear in real world, it just a movie. As we know, fairy-tale world likes a dream, we will wake up from this beautiful dream one day.

I like fairy-tale world, but I prefer real world. All the girls likes dream, we can do lots of things in dream that we can't do it in real world. But maybe the Queen will kill you. Though lived in real world I can have lots of beautiful dream, I can choose my life by my hand, I don't need to scare the Queen will kill me, and I can control myself. So I like dreams, but I like real world.

Teacher's Notes: First thing I notice is the great-looking format and catchy title. They makes me want to read this essay. There are a lot of excellent ideas here. I'd like to see better separation of similarities and differences. Otherwise a nice piece of work. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :?
wan wu

Next

Return to Movie Reports