ENCHANTED

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: Enchanted - Summer 2011, SMC IE1

Postby lemon » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:24 pm

Old Dream
Exchanted this movie talk about Giselle was living in a happy fairy-table world.Unexpected she went to real world and met her true love and they live together and have a happy ending. This movie let me remember when I was young, I want to become members of fairy tables. I think fairy tables is a magic, happiness, no sad pain, and I can do everything what I can do. I will live with price and have a happy ending. But now, I prefer live in a real world. Even though real world has many unhappy, angry and something we can't control but I would like to do everything by myself and try my best. I want to go through every feeling and I believe in real world we also can find our true love. :D

Teacher's Notes: Thanks for posting. In the instructions, I ask for a four-paragraph compare-and-contrast essay. I must say, this one looks a little different. Like most teachers, one of my greatest joys comes when a student seems to "get the concept." It is important to read and follow the instructions before writing.

I like how you share your memories of childhood feelings and how you have changed with experience. With maturity we learn to endure and even embrace the challenges of life rather than escape into a false fairy-tale world. I think this is what Giselle learned. Enchanted seems to have had a meaningful effect. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:
lemon

Postby saragh » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:26 pm

Our reality is a fairy tales

Have you wondered what it would be like to live in a fairy tale? Imagine living in a world of peace, happiness, no fears and worries and no personal biases. Imagine living a simply happy life in a clean and beautiful garden without disappointments. You meet your love and you know it is your true love. However, is living in a fairy tale better than living in the real world? Real life can also be beautiful if you know how to live happily.

Fairy tales do not differ much from our real lives. We have a potential of living our real lives like a fairy tale. Fairy tales always have a happy ending so your life is always happy. In real life, Giselle feels angry and that is an indescribable feeling for her. If we live in a fairy tale, we find our prince charming and live a happy life. We always get what we want no matter what we may think.

Giselle lives in a fairy tale called Andalasia. She waits for her prince to marry her and live happily together until the end. On her wedding day an evil stepmother drops Giselle into the real world of New York City.
Giselle still lives her fairy tale life in the real world. She is sure she will find her prince charming who will immediately marry her. She is not worried about him breaking her trust or hurting her because he is always perfect in a fairy tale. On the other side, in the real world we encounter normal people who are unpredictable. In addition, our lives are full of stress and problems.
This movie shows many other prospects. Nancy is a naive romantic who wants to find her true love. Giselle is interested in learning how to understand people better and she likes that about the real world. In a fairy tale, everything is possible. Monsters like evil witches can be defeated and good always prevails over evil. In the real world we experience pain, grief, suffering, joy, loneliness, hope, strength, anger and hate.

In my opinion there is a big difference between fairy tales and reality. If I had to choose, I would live in the real world because you can make it feel like a fairy tale. In fairy tales everything is always the same where you never have ups and down and you never take any action in your life. In reality if you can imagine it you can live it. Anything is possible in the real world and that makes it more exciting to me. :D

Teacher's Note: I noticed two things right away: an interesting title, and best-practices formating. I want to read this essay!.. The essay itself reads like a summary with commentary, a good rhetorical style, but not really compare and contrast. This is one of the most difficult structures to master because it requires discipline and imagination. Being an ESL student, writing in a second language, makes it even more difficult. Imagine if I tried to write this essay in your first language. Ouch!

Before writing this essay, I would block out a very specific outline. The second paragraph would describe three similarities; the third, three differences. I think the introduction and conclusion are OK for this format. With continued practice, your writing will get better and better. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :ugeek:
saragh

Postby Unforgiven » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:39 am

Su Yun Kim

Another world and Same things.

Enchanted shows the when Fairy tales meet reality, it can happen happy and funny situation.The changing face of fairy tale Character was a lot of fun, but it was also an unpalatable.It
Last edited by Unforgiven on Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unforgiven

Postby HUANCAI JIAO » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:38 am

Huancai Jiao
07/10/2011

Pay for Good Ending

After a child was born he or she will faced the world. Their parents like to tell them stories about the fairy-tale world which always have a good ending because they want to let their children believe the world is beautiful and like to let them have a optimistic life. Every one knows in the real world ,people have complex emotions, but in the fairy-tale world they are living simply for example, Giselle does not know the feeling of angry before coming to the real world.

People from the two different worlds have different opinions of love. In the fairy-tale world most of people fall in love in their first sight. They trust their feeling and their intuition .and they get married on the next day. They never think about the result for their life is good or bad. In the real world, people through so many times date then they try to ensure they can get married. It takes a really long time and is a tired work, and they need to spend efforts on their love. So that many people think after you married you are likely to step in the tomb.

After all, whichever world's people all of them hope to have a beautiful life. In the fairy-tale world people try their best to combat with the vicious power, like Giselle fight with the bad witch. And in the real world people study hard to join a work where can get a high salary to help their family build a better life. No matter who they are, all of them are trying to pursue a beautiful life.

In conclusion, whatever which world you are, you need try your best that in the end maybe you can get what you what to possess. In my opinion ,if something is achieved smoothly without a hitch ,that is just happened in your dream or in the movie. I believe in the words 'no pain ,no gain ', so people need to nickel and dime their way and finally get a in their mind's beautiful life.

Teacher's Notes: Interesting title, solid format = Great Start! Let's read on. . . I recommend a little more focus for the intro. What exactly are you going to discuss in this essay? How does it relate to Enchanted? The second paragraph has one example of of a contrast (difference), but no signal words. It's preferable to let the reader know that they are going to read about a contrast. Then describe the contrast.

I have to guess that paragraph three is about similarities, with only one example. Again make your intent clear. The conclusion is very clear. Bravo! Overall, some nice content. Just give the reader a little road map, signal words, to keep us on track. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:
HUANCAI JIAO

Postby nawon kim » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:01 pm

NA WON KIM

Where do you Want Live?

Have you ever dream in fairy- tale love? This story is an actress
Last edited by nawon kim on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nawon kim

Postby baybashley » Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:12 am

So young ( Ashley ) You

The Fairytale Life

lifePrincess Giselle was waiting for her true love when one day she meets Prince Edward and evil Queen Narissa sends Giselle to the human world so that she can take over the Kingdom of Andalasia . When Giselle comes to the human world she meets Robert who is a single dad and a divorce lawyer and his daughter Morgan who helps her until Prince Edward comes to saves her. Prince Edward comes to save Giselle and finds her but Giselle learns true love and defeats evil Queen Narissa .After Giselle lives happily with Robert and Morgan.

A fairytale life? If we live in a fairytale world we would never get angry or sad and will be just happy. But even villains exist in fairytale. If we compare between fairytale and the real world people who lives in fairytale world most of them are happy. But I think that most people living in real world are unhappy because the real world is dangerous and scary. I think this is because of progress of civilization. Progress of civilization made humans good or bad. That is because for every war there is peace. Unlike fairytales where characters are written to be good or bad, people in the real world can choose to be good or evil.

Teacher's Notes: First impression: I like the title; don't see four paragraphs. The first paragraph is a summary. The second paragraph looks at the two worlds, but it would be much clearer if it were organized into similarities and differences. This is the exact reason why I strongly urge students to make an outline first.

I like how you specify "progress and civilization" as defining elements of the real world. Also, you remind us that even fairy tales have bad guys. This essay just needs to be better organized. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :|
baybashley

Postby Great Lee » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:08 am

Living in our real Mind

Imagen the world there are only love and peace. Can you beieve that? It is possible only in the fairy tale. All of people have a dream what live world like fairy tale and that is why people love the fairy tale. Real world can not be like fairy tale then? There are some differences between real world and fairy tale.

In the fairy tale, we can distinguish right from wrong easily. Most of people and animals love each other and always sing a song, on the other hand, a few devil try to kill them, but they never can do because love's power is better than them. What about real world? In real world, people have their own standard to distinguish right from wrong and It is very difficult to distinction who is wrong or not. Have you ever made conversation with animal? Do not be surprised but you can do that in the fairy tail. It does not matter what language you speak. It is not the all. they can practice magic, for example, they fly to the sky, make something they need, walk on the water. These are things can not do in real world.

We can also find something what are the same between real world and fairy tale. Love is important thing in both of world. In the real world, people feel alive when they are loving and fairy tale's people beat enemy with power of love. Do you like a beutiful woman? The Beutiful woman are loved by men, prince, animal and It is no matter where you are. Further more, beutiful woman are bullied by villains, so both of world's people hate villains and try to beat them.

We do not know if We want to live the world like the fairy tail and that is probably why we make the fairy tail. Nobody want to be alone. We need love and peace like fairy tail. I think we already know that we will be able to get there because fairy tail is in our real mind.

Teacher's Notes: Great title, correct format. I want to read more... The intro sets up the rhetorical style, a good road map. I would avoid asking questions in an academic paper. Just get to the point. I think the second paragraph is about differences, but I'd like to be more sure. It's the writer's job to make it clear.

In paragraph three, I know immediately that these are similarities. Good writing. I think I understand the conclusion in spite of some syntax ambiguity. And I like what we're saying here. Overall, good effort. Keep growing your writing skill. Big thanks for the post! --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
Great Lee

Postby Lucas » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 am

This story is between the reality would and the fairy tale would.And the truth is every girls wan to get a perfect man is their

life and get married.there's the topic never changed which is Find the another side.Both of ladies and guys they want to have a

wonderful married and hardly to forget it.They wish get bless by the god and their families,so they will make this moment

forever.The logo is the true loves kiss!By this moment they will open the heart to each other.

The true loves kiss is able to rescue many people there is one thing they need to believe that is the truth!Every dream can be

become by everyone if they believe the truth.
Lucas

Previous

Return to Movie Reports