[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - BLUE CRUSH

BLUE CRUSH

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

BLUE CRUSH

Postby maikuu » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:39 am

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: Blue Crush - Summer 2011, SMC

Postby bluecomets » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:32 am

Na Ri Kim
July 24, 2011

My Friends, My Family

Are you ready for summer yet? Are you ready to go to the beach and surf? Blue Crush is a movie about Anne Marie, a really good surfer in Hawaii, who has been in an accident hitting her head against a rock before a big competition. She wishes for the support of her mom, who has left her and her sister Penny to go to Las Vegas with her boyfriend; Anne Marie finds it in her best friends and roommates, Eden and Lena.

Eden always believes in her friend Anne Marie. She always tries to find ways to push Anne Marie to go to training, and surf again. Eden even rents a jet ski to get her friend back on the water and ready to compete, but when they hit a big wave, Anne Marie almost dies. Eden also keeps on showing Anne Marie a video of her young self winning surfing competitions, to restore her confidence.

Lena, Anne Marie's other friend and roommate, is also always next to her to encourage her, but she
bluecomets

Postby lihaoran » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:58 pm

Encourage and Satirize

Everyone needs communication and social society. Every one needs friends. But friends have different type. when you failed. some friends will encourage you another will satirize you. The dramatis personae in BLUE CRUSH has that two type of friend.

Marie's good friend eden is kind and always encourage marie. She wants marie continue surfing. But she does't care about marie's real feeling. She doesn't kone why marie afraid of surf. she has perfect objectibe but doesn't have good method to solve the problems. That why marie and eden had trouble when they practice surfing in the sea.

Lena is marie's another friend . she is more sensibility. She konws more about marie's feel. she kones what marie want to do . so she uses better way to enlighten marie. And at the end of movie. Marie has a opprtunity to successed herself.

For me . I think everyone needs friends. we needs friends who konw us. They kone what kind of person i am. so thet konw how to help us.enourage and satirize are both useful. but for a unit. they should kone which one is more useful. that is friend.

Teacher's Notes: Looks well structured. This essay is also well organized in its content. I like how there are original ideas about Anne Marie's relationship with her friends. A little editing could help a lot. Did you read it before posting? How do we spell 'know' (konw,kone)? Always check speeling before submitting a written work. Also, read for syntax. Overall, good job. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:
lihaoran

Postby hyemi_yang » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:14 pm

The Friendship is Bigger than Pipe

Blue Crush is girl
hyemi_yang

Postby wan wu » Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:39 pm

Wan Wu
7/24/2011

Different Roles Of Friends

Blue Crush is a story about Anne Marie who loves surfer than everything. She wants to win the women's world surf championship. She lives with two roommates who are Eden and Lena, and they practice everyday. Before the date of championship, Anne handle a surprise romance. At the beginning , she prepares to live with her boyfriend. But with her friend's help, she comes back to her dream and makes her dream come ture.

Eden is a special girl. Eden is Anne's friend, and she also sting her. Every morning, they practice the surfer. In order to make Anne come back to surf, She lent a jet ski .She looks care more about Anne. But when Anne falls in love Matt, Eden also blame her. She is very angry with Anne that gives up her own dream. Eden knows it is Anne's dream to win the women's world surf championship , so she shows the video of her ever win the championship.

Compare of Eden, Lena is more considerate. She also care about Anne. She always knows Anne, believe her and encourage her. When Anne falls in love with matt, Lena likes a little girl, she is very happy. And when Anne wants to live with Matt and maybe gives up her dream, Lena does not say anything. Lena support of Anne whatever what she do.

In conclusion, Eden and Lena are Anne's friends. But they play different roles. Whatever who they play, they are care of Anne. As we know ,friend is an important part of our live. Everyone has different friends, some of them like Eden, some of them like Lena, and we need both of them. I need a friend who likes Eden, because she care of me and also when I lose my direction, she will makes my come back on right way. Also I need a friend who likes Lena, because she knows my feeling and she understands me. I need different roles of friend.

Teacher's Notes: The title is really the topic. I'd like to see a more interesting title. Structure looks tubular. The intro is a good summary, but I'd like it to set up the relationship between the three women. I feel the profiles of Eden and Lena sound somewhat like earlier posts. Be careful not to copy other ideas even if subconsiously. I recommend that we not read other posts before writing your own thoughts on the same topic. I like how the conclusion brings in your own feelings about friendship. Thanks for the double-overhead post. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :o
wan wu

Postby David301 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:39 pm

Tae Hyoung Kim
July 24 2011

There was a friend to get brave

If you want to see cool summer in the movie, I
David301

Postby joonghyeeCho » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 am

Joonghyee Cho
July 24, 2011

Encourage of my Challenge Consciousness

If you want to surf, you had better watch this movie before you do this. This movie describes a variety of landscapes for surfing. There are beautiful oceans, nice scenery of sky, and delight of surfing. However, this movie does not always show good aspects of surfing. We can see negative aspects of surfing, like how dangerous surfing is. Watch carefully.

Anne Marie, Eden and Lena are best friends to each other in this movie. These three people and Anne's sister Penny are living together. They always watch waves before the sun rises, and make their friendship stronger by enjoying surfing. This movie shows typical aspects of friendship, which sometimes disagree with each other although they are friends. Eden always helps Anne Marie as an assistant, but she does not always praise for her. Unlike Lena, Eden felt reluctant when Anne Marie fell in love with another man. However, Anne Marie has managed to grow up because of Eden and Lena.

The background of this movie is in Hawaii, and the main content of the movie is surfing. I was pleased that I saw Hawaii's ocean through the movie. The landscape of Hawaii's ocean was wonderful. Most people may also feel refreshed while the main actor surfs. This movie shows how dangerous surfing is, but someone can take any risk for own dream. I felt impressed with the female main character, who won an award from the surfing competition. This movie also describes that dreams come true when people have dreams and want to achieve them. Therefore, this movie encouraged my challenge consciousness.

Teacher's Notes: Don't know what the title means, but I want to read more . . . Three paragraphs instead of four . . . How is it going to be organized? Let's see. The intro forgets to mention the three women. Aren't they the topic of this essay? The middle paragraph finally introduces the three friends and sister with some mention of their specialties, but not enough for this essay. The final paragraph kind of returns to the first. Why? Then, there is some repeated information about the friends. Also Anne Marie does not win the contest. What award does she win? Finally, the title is made clear, and I like it! Overall, needs some focus. Thanks much for posting. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :?
Last edited by joonghyeeCho on Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joonghyeeCho

Postby saragh » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:49 pm

My best friends are my family and more

If you have true friends they will strengthen you. They help you in your issue. True friends are sometimes can be better than your own family. Your true friends to accompany you through life. In the movie blue crush shows a true friendship between Anna Marie, Eden and Lena. Together have been raising Anna
saragh

Postby baybashley » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Lean on Me

What would you do if your dreams are crushed by injuries? Would you give up? Would you have the strength to go on? What if you were all alone? Anne Marie had to face all of these questions in the movie Blue Crush. Anne Marie was a rising surfing star when a devastating injury derailed her career. Years later Anne Marie and her friends, Eden and Lena, and her younger sister Penny live together working as hotel maids and training for the next big tournament.

But when Matt, the football star, appears in their lives the friendship between Anne Marie and Eden is torn apart. Eden pushes Anne Marie to train for the tournament but Anne Marie forgets about her training because she is too busy spending time with Matt. This causes Eden to question Anne Marie
baybashley

Postby Unforgiven » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:52 am

Su Yu Kim

An Emerald Beach

We are tired of watching summer movies because those have stupid and silly elements such as the sun, ocean, and girls who put on bikini. However, This sexy movie, ' blue crush,' suggests what complete summer movie is. ' Blue crush' is exactly right for the summer movie. Blue crush's spectacular scenes and amazing photographing techniques were entirely out of my reckoning.

The three girls, Lena,Eden, and Ann, who are wearing on bikini are best friends each other. In this movie, Ann is described as an unstable person.For all that she never give up and get a breakdown because her best friends, Lena and Eden always try to make her laugh and stable.Well, when they are together, they can be strong and not afraid of everything.

Eden always supports ann's choice. She spurs and urges on her continually because she wants ann will not become exhausted. If Eden make Ann burning hot, Lena just stays behind Ann as her family.Hers two best friends make her well-balance and they are such a sigh which ways are
better for Ann.

If they didn't exist in this movie. Ann would be ordinary character. their friend ship makes this movie briliant like an emerald beach.

Teacher's Notes: Absolutely love this title! Sounds like another surf romance movie. Let's read on . . . The first paragraph makes a very good point, but it would be better to bring in the main characters and their relationship as early as possible. This is your topic.

The essay would be more clearly organized if there were a paragraph about Eden and one about Lena. The summary could then bring all the ideas together. Triple-overhead academic style, baby! The conclusion doesn't really sound like a conclusion but more detail. Syntax and spelling shine overall. Nice writing. Let's focus on academic organization and logic to get the job done. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :ugeek:
Last edited by Unforgiven on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Unforgiven

Next

Return to Movie Reports