BLUE CRUSH

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: Blue Crush - Summer 2011, SMC

Postby nawon kim » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:18 am

NA WON KIM

Types of Friendship

Do you have your own dream? Is it possible to reality? Character Anne has surfing player
nawon kim

Postby Xiaoting Lin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:18 pm

Xiaoting Lin
7/28/2011

The Friendship Between Three Surf Lovers

Anne Marie,a surf lover,lived with her rebellious younger sister as well as another two surf lover, Eden and Lena. They surfed every day and prepared for the Pipe Masters surf competition.Although they were poor,they feel happy .Anne Marie ,Lena and Eden worked together in a exclusive hotel for cleaning.Sometimes they would try the sexy dress which threw randomly by the owner.Sometimes they clamour to do some part-time job in order to earn some extra fees for surfing.

Eden,a serious girl,is one of the Anne Marie
Xiaoting Lin

Postby heyunshuang » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:51 pm

Best Friend Forever

Do you have any BFF?Last week,i saw a movie which name is Blue Crush.It's a amazing movie,discribing three girls friendship and add Hawaii's beautiful landscapes.The theme talks about a girl who name is Anne Marie she through her hard work,beat all difficulties and then to go successful.

As for join in the surfing macth,Marie and her sister,Edin and Lena live in the beach of Hawaii to practice surfing.They drive the cheap car to work.Although their life is a little poor,but they are happy so much.They were clean ladies in a luxury hotel.Sometimes they are fitting the customers' sexy clothes,and will so embarrassed when customer comes home.

One day,Marie was fired because of she tought a guy how to clean a used condom.And at the same time she meets Matt who wants Marie to teach him surfing and pay for $150 per class,and Marine's friends is so happy. :D Marie falls in love with Matt as soon.But her friends have some preconceived ideas.They came here just for their surfing dream,not for fall in love with somebody's sweet dream.They want Marie pay her attention in surfing match.Because this is about three girls dream,honor.At the last,they got it.

I have a BFF in my hometown,we have 7 years friendship.She is very important person for me.We always know each other.And if i have some problems she'll encourage me to go away difficult position.She likes a sister to care of me.Even though,i'm in USA i always call her and tell her my trouble.when i writting here,i miss her so much right now.Anyway,i think everyone who has a BFF is a treasure in whole life.

Teacher's Notes: Four paragraphs... Structure looks good. First paragraph sets up the setting and the characters but no hint of the relationship dynamic. Second paragraph is more summary. What about the contrast between Lena and Eden? In paragraph three, Anne Marie falls for Matt, but the relationship with her two friends is all too vague. At this point, we're on a sinking ship.

I like how the conclusion brings in the writer's personal connection to the story. Overall, this essay is a well-organized summary. Unfortunately, it does not follow the instructions. Always read and follow the instructions before writing in an academic environment. Thanks much for a nice post. --mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:
heyunshuang

Postby Great Lee » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:49 pm

Are you Living a life as Well?

People have a their own dream for the future. The dream gives a courage to the people and makes them feel alive. In the Blue Crash, there are girls who get courage and feel alive with surfing in Hawaii. Surfing is for fun to most people, but It is the life to them. They express their mind with surfing and gel every sense. We can see that this movie is not just story about surfing girls, It is show us their process to get the dream with surfing. Marie has big surfing competition, it is big chance to get her dream and She got that. But it was not easy to her without some people. Some people are her friends who were classmates when she had attended high school. Eden and Lena have helped Marie their own way.

Eden wants Marie to get her dream which be a good sufer in the world. Actually Marie was not only a friend, but also a rival to her. She had a same dream with Marie, but she knew that Marie is better than her. She wanted to get vicarious satisfaction. She always helped Marie's practice for the competition. When Marie's mind for that was falterig, she disappointed and advised strongly. She is like a trainer for Marie.

Lena wants Marie to get dream too. But she doesn't think that Marie has to get dream just with surfing. She wants Marie to do whatever Marie wants. She always cheer for Marie, not the surfing marie.

People are living in people. Every people want to make friends and want to be a friend for someone. When we are sad or happy, we want share that with someone. Friends can advise you and cheer you truly. Having a good friend is a proof that you are living well in the people life.

Teacher's Notes: First word of each paragraph: 'people, Eden, Lena, people.' This has promise. Let's paddle out and see if we can catch a wave. The first paragraph is a thoughtful setup and pointer. We won't get worked. I'd like to hear just a little more about Lena and Eden, a suggestion of what makes them different. In the next paragraph, you not only offer a pretty good description of Eden's role, but also remind us that Eden was once Anne Marie's competition. Good point!

In the third paragraph we get a brief summary of Lena's role. The key word is 'supportive.' She is the supportive friend. In my opinion, the conclusion is too general, too philosophical. It would be stronger to express this idea in the context of Blue Crush. Overall, I like this essay a lot. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:
Great Lee

Postby HUANCAI JIAO » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:11 am

Who Can Help You Build a Beautiful Life

Are you ready to get a beautiful life? When you feel sad or happy you alway want a person who can share your feeling with you. The best person who you can choose to
share your feeling is your friends. Your friends can help you when you need someone who can help you for free. In my opinion, Friends is a very important part in our life.

In the movie Blue Crush , Anne Marie have two best friends named Eden and Matt Tollman. Eden is who teaches Anne learn how to surfing. Eden also hope Anne can
get the champion in the surfing race that also Eden's wishes. Matt is Anne's boyfriend, they are fall in love at first sight. Matt is the one who is the mentor to help her
can stand on her surfing life. Eden and Matt is her needful two person in her life that finally she can get champion in the surfing race.

For your life your friends that is who can help you build a beautiful life. You need to treasure your friendship. If you have a really long time are not contact with your friends now please take a call for them, and keep in touch with them. In my opinion ,who's life without friends is not completely.

Teacher's Note: I see three paragraphs, not well blocked. We're gonna need some good waves on this one, bro. Let's paddle out. The intro tells me that this essay is about the quality of friendship. OK, but what about Blue Crush? What about Eden and Lena? I'm more confused with the second paragraph. If this essay follows instructions, it almost seems like this should be the first paragraph. But then paragraph two introduces Matt. The instructions for this essay don't ask about Matt.

The first line of the instructions says 'Please describe the relationship between Anne Marie and her two best friends, Edin and Lena.' Oops. To anyone who did not follow instructions, I predict that following instructions will make your academic experience easier --- more time for the big surf.

The conclusion goes straight back to the writer's opinion about friendship. It's actually quite nice. I'd like these thoughts a lot more if they had something to do with Blue Crush and especially Eden and Lena. Thanks much for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :)
HUANCAI JIAO

Postby lemon » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:23 pm

Friends.
Blue crush this movie that describ 3 girls they love suffering. Anne Marie has been invited to join in an upcoming surf competition at the famed Narth Shore surf spot, Pipeline.Threfor Anne go to Hawaii to practice with her two best friends and her sisiter. Anne Marie want to win this competition.

In my opinoin Eden and Lena both are best friend for Anne,but they can help Anne in different way,Befor the compition Anne met Matt. She can not deal with friendship and ralationship with Matt. In that time Anne's friend let her clearly. So I think Anne can overcome the fear and win the competioton because her two friends and Matt

Teacher's Notes: The first thing I notice is how brief this essay is, and it ends without a period (after Matt). Sometimes less is more. Let's see. . . Actually everything is here, like a strung-together outline. But there is no content to speak of. Also, there are so many spelling, punctuation, and syntax errors that it's doubtful if the author read this before posting.

This is a nice little post on its own merit, but as an assignment in an ESL academic environment, this writer will need to spend more time with their effort. One thing I like is that the first paragraph could be an excellent 'log line' for the movie. A log line is a 1-2 sentence summary of a movie which gives a potential viewer some idea of what the movie is about. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish :|
lemon

Postby Lucas » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:07 am

Crushed life just like miracle when we really lived in this would.Crushing be happened may anywhere,anytime,what we

should do?what spoused we do?The answer is nothing!!!Because we accept that and we still waiting for something,something

can chance your life?Don't be kidding,please.

That's the Blue Crush tell us that we need to fight back!!!There is a scene which is i can remember that the woman who lose

her game already but she never gives up!She decided try one more time for the game!She forget everything,She know that she

can do that,there just need to one more chance to be offered.

She did!sometimes people just need one more chance to pick the life up!that's the everyone have to do.Fight back!to get

the last opportunity which we need!
Lucas

Previous

Return to Movie Reports