[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - HOTEL RWANDA

HOTEL RWANDA

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

HOTEL RWANDA

Postby maikuu » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:58 pm

[size=100]HOTEL RWANDA

Please choose one person from Hotel Rwanda: Colonel Oliver, Tatiana, Paul Rusesabagina, George Rutaganda, Dube, or any other.

Describe this person's appearance and character (100-200 words).

Please post under this topic (Do not start a new topic). Write in your own words.

Before posting, it is your responsibility to EDIT YOUR WORK FOR GPS (grammar, punctuation, and spelling).
Thanks --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :D :D :lol: :!: :mrgreen: :P :( :o :( :oops: :idea: 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol:
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: Hotel Rwanda, SMC IE1, F11

Postby Brian LEE » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:46 am

Actually, I knew that I learned the case of Rwanda when I was high school. And I am enraged after movie.
The reasons, "Why didn't other countries help them directly? Why did many people die then?"

So I write about appearance and character about that Paul Rusesabagina has the most action.

First, let's look at his appearance. He is the hotel manager. he is handsome, striking height, and good style.
Paul's position is higher. Because he really tries to get everythings. And I totally like him because he talk to his wife about satellite.

Second, it's a character. He can good treat employees and customers. He has a dignity as high position. Also, he is hero because he is saved 1,268
people for 100 days. So strong leadership is looked only him. And he is so sweet all of them. But I think he is egoism. Because his thoughts are only his family.
If he doesn't have a lot of money how to does he save hutus and tutsis. I'm curious. Anyway I want to give him high score. I complete writing and I think if iam Paul how to did i do...

Teacher's note: Good essay. Please put your paragraphs in the form I showed you last time. Let's not repeat mistakes. Is it egotistic to think only of family? Or a practical choice given the situation? Thanks --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :o

This is really Paul Rusesabagina.
Last edited by Brian LEE on Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian LEE

Re: HOTEL RWANDA, SMC IE1, F11

Postby kook » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:48 am

i'm kook~! :lol:

I am impressed with paulHe's a have high status and wealth and lived happily with his family

But up war he's 1,200 people staying give the hotels own work And his give take money enemy and rescue people neighbor i think he is Great
If that situation i didn't as him

i think paul is usually Good boy,Friendly,Assist others so colleaguee follow paul

He's a brave father and his family had to do whatever it took to

paul is despite the war his work. his steadily

100 days protecting the 1,200 people paul is a true leader and a hero.

To be self sacrificing to right thing. protect people.
But the Most people would not have to act like is paul

Applaud his courage

I admire him.

Teacher's note: First thing I notice is that this essay format repeats the same mistakes from before. Please fix the format. I like what you are trying to say. This writer really needs to pay attention to English syntax to have a good chance of communicating in English. Thanks for posting. -- mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :|
Last edited by kook on Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
kook

Postby joe123 » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:28 pm

Paul Rusesabagina is a hotel manager at Hotel Rwanda and a Hutu, he receives a lot of foreigners at the hotel. He has good people skill and business skill who meets many powerful friends;
military and market traders. Paul also is a friendly person. However, Paul is a Hutu, his wife and neighbors are Tutsi, but Paul doesn't mind where are they
come from. He loves his family, he always take care about his family. Paul is a ordinary person before the ethnic cleansing.

Firstly, Paul is a bright and capable person. When Paul sees some people are take away for no reason of his neighbors; usually a good relationship, the people
drag out their neighbors from the house and kill them, and he doesn't say anything. His wife tell him to use his relationship to interference, but Paul says
that the relationship should be use at the must important time. But that moment is coming soon, he request to the military can he use his money to save his
family and his neighbor's life, when the soldiers come to his house and want to kill his family and neighbors. And his takes them to the hotel, because the
soldiers can't do anything when the hotel get a lot of foreigners. Then Paul deletes all of tenants records, so all tenants have become refugees. And he tell the
refugees use the phone to call their European friends, family or institution and tell them what is happen. At that moment, Paul also has a clearly plan to think
what can he/they do by themselves.

Secondly, Paul is a brave person. At the must important moment, the soldier tells Paul that the soldiers need to dismiss with all the foreigners.Helpless, Paul
sends his wife and children get to the car, then he stays with other refugees. And one time, when he bribes to the military chief, he takes the opportunity to
use U.S. spy satellites to frighten the military chief. He doesn't care his life, he just want to save his family and other people's life.

Finally, Paul is a straightforward person. Kind of the Subtle feeling can be seen from his face, especially in the father and manager, the kind of role reversal
between mood, his performance is very good. For example, when he stays with his wife and children in the hotel room or the Hutu attack the hotel, Paul loses
his family, his face always shows how is he take care his family. And when he thinks about his family at the hotel, then someone asks him question, his face can
change from worries to solemn, look like a stronger manager.

To sum up, Paul is a straightforward, brave, bright and capable person.So that's why he can be a hero.

Teacher's note: OK, why single and double space? Please follow the format I showed you in Iron Man. Overall a quite thorough rendering of Paul. My one concern is that it reads too much like a summary and not enough like a character profile. But I like it. Good job. Thanks.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
joe123

Postby Queena » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:22 pm

??.mike.
I'm queena.
I admire the hero of the story !The movie letup, In the most simple language, the most realistic approach, praising the humanitarian .
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: In the film no to the terrorist bloody carnage on the description, but deliberately to depict Paul desperate tight heartstrings and accommodation in Rwanda hotel passengers face emerge in endlessly tensions caused panic at any time.
The film seems to mean to fade the harshness of real event, from visual Angle for seems to weaken the whole penetration and expressive. :geek:
'' Hotel Rwanda''A really reflect human film.

Teacher's note: My first thought here is that this essay needs more detail, especially about one character. There are major grammar deficiencies. Most of the grammar is simply not English. Yet within these problems, I sense a good writer whose ideas can emerge with practice. Please keep writing. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.moviesGrowEnglish.com
Queena

Postby OlegFromRussia » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:03 pm

Hi guys.

Firstly, I want to write that Hotel Rwanda is really great movie, and I didn't expect it to affect me so much.

Most of all I liked Paul Rusesabagina of course, because he's the hero, and he made a great feat of rescuing 1268 people.

But I'll write about Tatiana, since all the selected Paul, but I do not want to be banal. ;)

When I first saw Tatiana, I thought she was a very nice person, intelligent, competent, and a good looking woman.

Speaking about her character, I can say that she was very kind and loving mother, ready to go at all for her family. Tatiana loves Paul so much that asked
him to leave the hotel and stay alive. Unlike her husband, she is always thinking and caring about others, not only about her family. Taken together, this

says a lot about her as a person.

I would like to see in our world, more people like Tatiana.

Thank you! :geek: :geek: :geek: :geek:

Teacher's note: There are some strong ideas here. But first, the format needs to be cleaned up. Also, I recommend keep most of it in present tense. Aside from that, the essay is pretty strong. Good work and thanks --mike :arrow:http://www.moviesGrowEnglish.com

Image :shock:
OlegFromRussia

Postby suetkwan » Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:22 pm

I think Paul is very smart and brave,

because he know how do to help everyone his can use his money to give army save him family and neighbor life.

And then, he repeatedly with army agina communication required rescue his family and neighbor life.

Secondly, i think paul is a Kind-hearted person, because he has chance leave,

but he in order to save his neighbor life his accompany neighbor stay at hotel .

Finally, i think paul is a very good husband, how regardless he is vrey take care his

wife and children, he use life protection his family, so, he is a good husband and brave person.

Nick

Teacher's note: In Iron Man, I went through a lot of trouble to show you the good format. Please follow that. Also, it seems that there are some punctuation and spelling mistakes (orange, green). Please check before posting. I like how you express the passion with which Paul tries to save his family and all the others. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:http://www.moviesGrowEnglish.com 8-)
suetkwan

Postby ki_eun_choi » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:12 am

Paul Rusesabagina is the manager of hotel best and the head of families.
And also he is flexible, positive, smart and passion about his life.

At first he is to keep the family but he is trying to keep more people.
It is not possible unless he has courage.
His passion about trying to save the lives of people is make more him wiser.His seemingly impossible challenge is great impression.

Finally, he save lives of many people and he meet two young nephews.
That is a really big impression.

There are more impressive as a real person.

Thank you for an impressive time. :!: :!: :!:

Teacher's note: Pretty good essay. Grammar is the main issue. Sometimes it is a combination of word choice and grammar combined as in this essay. BTW the two children are nieces. I like how you share some of Paul's background to show contrast. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:http://www.moviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
Jennifer, Choi (Ki Eun, Choi)
ki_eun_choi

Postby Tung092 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:01 pm

General Bizimungu, a powerful man in Rwanda. He has a very big eyes, big nose and he is not tall.
In story, he is a Corrupt officials, he would help people for who give him benefit, also he is a greedy man too.
Paul Rusesabagina always give General Bizimungu some benefit because he knows one day this person can help him to save his tutsi wife.
But, when this day coming, General Bizimungu doesn't help him, only if Paul can give him more benefit.

In the other hand, he is timid and he is not to keep one's promise,
when Paul bring him more goods want to save the hotel, General Bizimungu doesn't want to finish his promise and he just want to go away
if Paul didn't use the U.S power to scare him to help the hotel,i think no one can be alive.

Final, i think General Bizimungu is a loser, at first he afraid the Hutu power people, so he go to kill Tutsi, but after that he is worry about he is on U.S war criminal list,
and he go to help the hotel people, that's Contradiction, so he lost his people trust and other counties don't trust him anymore.
So, he is a greed, timid and doesn't to keep one's promise's corrupt officials in Rwanda.

Teacher's note: The first thing I like is the way you jump right into the character profile starting with the name. This is perfect. The format needs to be cleaned up as I showed you in Iron Man. Also, we need to focus on present-simple tense (see the red above). Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:

General Bizimungu is in angry.
Tung092

Postby Brandon87 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:28 pm

Paul is job hotelier Paul and Paul's wife are from other areas
Paul has wife and three children were living happily in life
Riots broke out Paul went to looking for family, I saw that scene
After l'm looks like a image of true father
why he is trying responsibility to protect for civilians, He's know too
Why Paul is without compensation Trying to help Citizen
Anyone wants to live with my family doesn't wants to break up time
sometimes He has Strong leadership personality also detail of computation
He's too believe in the protection of U N peacekeepers but they can't get protection Paul can't expected to help others force, he is realized that it about
Paul tries to solving ability the own power Of modern humans to the moral,
responsibility. Ethnic conflicts. Life.. I think it's a Important issue for us
Paul is responsible,Conviction for his own belief that about think will be great

The second talking about pual and appearance
lm think Paul outwardly look like King Kong and Paul have similar face
He job is professional hotelier He had friendly and intelligent hoteliers
Obviously,he has a lot of experience, knowledge and people connections but
Any country has a corruption existence especially . Start to that politics or economics
ln my opinion, Paul is honest and love who are more family also guest even the civic

Teacher's note: First thing is the format. Why does each sentence start on a new line? There is a lot of wasted space. Please follow the format that I showed you in Iron Man. There is a lot of good content here with lots of good vocabulary. The biggest problem is basic grammar errors. Overall, good post. Thanks. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :evil:
Brandon87

Next

Return to Movie Reports