[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - HOTEL RWANDA

HOTEL RWANDA

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: HOTEL RWANDA, SMC IE1, F11

Postby Tony.Si.Yue » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:06 pm

Dube is in his middle thirthes. He is a man of short build and he has a crew cut. He always wears a conservative suit. He
is a waiter of the hotel and he also is the Paul's assistant. He is an ordinary person, just do his own business. 8-)

I like Dube. Becaue of his honesty and he si very diligent. Even he is a Tutsi, but he never escap when the crisis broke
out. He still do his own work and help Pual to save everyone untill the end. Heis preson can trustworthy. If more and
more people like Dube in the world. I believe that we can have a more and more great life. :P

Finally, I think Holel Rwanda is a good movie that can make me reflect on myself! :)

Teacher's note: The format is pretty good, and the overall syntax is not too bad. Thank you for choosing Dube. Many movies have a character like him, the 'sidekick'. This character is often overlooked, but he serves an important role of bringing oout the main character's qualities. Good post. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com 8-)
Tony.Si.Yue

Postby minsu0108 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:28 pm

This film is interesting for me because my country is similar to the national races, such as It's covered conflicts.

First, I'll tell you about Tatiana appearance.

She is wife of paul from hutu and loving wife and mother from tutsi.

Her character is very wise, intelligent and strong women's maternal.

To the end without losing composure, like to see the family preserve whatever I've been impressed.

I appreciate you to introduce the film. Thanks, Mike ~

Teacher's note: My first comment is that this essay needs a few more words and a few fewer lols. :lol: The format is not like I showed you in Iron Man. Why can't we learn from what our teacher works so hard to show us?? The good news is that the text is clear and logical. I am able to grasp what you say about the amazing Tatiana. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
minsu0108

Postby Dennis0611 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:37 pm

Hotel Rwanda to exhibit the hutu and the tutsi people make to the tension ,so the outbreak of war. where corruption and bribes politicians frequently. Paul is the manager of the Sabena Hotel des Mille Collines is Hutu, but his wife Tatiana is the Tutsi. Because Paul marriage so that he became an extremist. a friendly goods supplier to the hotel who is also the local leader of Interahamwe , a brutal anti-Tutsi militia. As this country
Dennis0611

Postby chloe » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi This is Chloe.

Hotel Rwanda is a great movie. I like the hotel manager Paul. I am impressed with Paul's responsibilty and braveness. If I was Paul in same situation, I could not do the same thing as Paul. I may give up my family and run away. I could not spend money to people that I don't know. If I have to spend money to save someone, I think I will only use money for my family. Paul is very smart. In very dangerous situation in the hotel, Paul made a choice to call to the hotel owner. But Paul called the owner to thank him. The owner was very impressed and help Paul. If Paul asked the hotel owner for only help, maybe there was no help at all.

I like Paul's character. He is smart and brave. I was surprised that this is a true story. Hotel Rwanda is very sad but beautiful true story.

Thank you.

Teacher's note: The first thing I notice is there are very few spelling and punctuation errors. You probably read this essay before posting. Excellent! Present tense is recommended instead of jumping between present and past. Overall, good essay. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com 8-)
chloe

Postby Daniel » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi,I am Daniel.

I think Paul is a superman ,he is the best person of the world. He dates with an angel.

First off, Hutu want to kill all the Tutsi. Paul is Hutu, he is safe. But his wife is Tutsi and his children is Tutsi. First he just want to protect his family. But when he looks refugees ,he decides to protect them. I think in this time. People should think about themselves. Maybe they think I am safe ,that's ok. Paul is Hutu but he protect Tutsi, they do not give Paul any gift. Paul is goodness. I do not which word can countenance Paul.

He tries his best to protect Tutsi.

Puzo is very kind ,helpful and justice.

Teacher's note: A pretty good essay, perhaps a bit unclear and redundant. Still, there are some excellent points here. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
Daniel

Postby Jane714 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:11 am

This movie is really stirring, It is very real,a person, how kindness he is !
When everyone in self-preservation,the hero took 1268 refugees, risk their lives at home everyday. The break, but for political save a person.
The movie is really successful model the two big climax and a few small climax, the audience will rise to the emotional world.
His wife is really great, She is a hero in the women.Look at the film hero in the slaughter,all warlords and European countries,the United Nations peacekeeping force,between crook to keep your hotel,save the life of the effective only when oasis, involuntarilly thought of the same kind, and selfless man,that also in crazy .
I like this movie very much,I can Tell us a lot of truth.
Really nice!

Teacher's note: There is a lot of good vocabulary here. Once this writer improves the syntax, I predict she will become a very good writer. Please keep practicing grammar and improving. BTW, which character is your topic? Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
Jane714

Postby Benjamin_kang » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:44 am

The Hotel RWANDA

Hello, this is Benjamin.

I would like to describe about Paul Rusesabagina(Don Cheadle).

Paul Rusesabagina works at RWANDA hotel. Paul is the highest manager and from the hotel.

One day.. RWANDA people, He and his family get happen about something

a revolutionary war in RWANDA. Then he want to take care of his family and Guests of hotel.

But, Paul and hotel Guests have many bad things. He want to save them somehow from

enemy. Paul is really smart and sensitive when he has somethings happen.

And, when his Staff said "He is Cockroach manager!"to Paul . however, Paul has worked quietly.

Finally, he makes to save his family and hotel guests. he is really hero of our age now.

that story is real story and Paul Rusesabagina is real person. He actually saved 1,200 Rwanda

people.

Teacher's note: First, please practice the format that I showed you in Iron Man. I think this essay could say much more with fewer words. One problem is a shortage of appropriate vocabulary. With practice, it will get better. Thanks for posting.--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
Benjamin_kang

Postby Chaochen » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:36 am

hi here is chao, i love this movie. the manager of hotel is the hero i think. because he seave a lot of people.
In 1946 RWANDA has two Tribe fight with each other, one of the two tribe is so bad, thy kill Million people in the place. that is dark time for there
people.every body looking for chance want to get Protection. Milles Collines hotel is the chance for all people. because there live a lot of Tourist and
some United Nations military. the Soldier and Enemy agree no bady can fight in the hotel until the soldier leave. but there is not many soldier they can
not protection all people from the hotel, so they want help tourists leave frist not who both at the place and they gave the chance for the mananger,but
the manager Give up this opportunity, he want stay there to seave more people. When the United Nations military leave, the Enemy come to the hotel.
they want kill all people. but the manager is so smart, he use the phone to call some one let them to found some one who can save people. Finally the
United Nations military come back again. the manager Successful to save all people.
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Teacher's note: First, please clean up the format. Allow the text wrap feature to work, like mine is doing here. There is a lot of content in this essay, but it reads more like a summary than a character profile. Also, there are numerous spelling and punctuation errors. Still, I like what we're saying. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
Chaochen

Postby annalikeyou » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:01 am

i'm anna. i choose Tatiana. because i like her brave. i think her is good mother and good wife.
although have war and fear . she not be afraid of anything . her because of her children very hard and have a rough time.
i like her's iron . i want to learn from her . because i'm not good at brave and iron.
in the movie her say "please shoot me. it would be a blessing" .i very move . i think it's mother's grand love. :) :)
:)i was captivated by her iron. so i choose her. and i want to become a brave woman like Tatiana.
thank you mike~

Teacher's note: There are some excellent thoughts expressed in this essay. We really need to improve the syntax, and you may become an excellent writer. Thanks for sharing your feelings about the amazing Tatiana. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
annalikeyou

Postby shenshihshih1 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:29 pm

Hotel Rwanda is one painful movie.I have ever watched and still can't accept the fact that this has happened.
The movie focus about who saving 1,268 refugees during the rwandan genocide,and also focus on a story to
real life tragedy. I want to write about Paul.
:!: First,I have to write about his appearance. He served as the acting manager of Hotel.He is a very successful
businessman.He is a hutu,and looked ordinary.But he was wearing a formal and dignified,and he is very wise,
frank and friendly.
:?: Second,His wife, Tatiana, is a Tutsi. She urges Paul to use his influence to help local Tutsis.He curries favor
with people of influence, bribing them with money and alcohol, seeking to maintain sufficient influence to keep
his family safe.He knows that his conscience won't allow him to watch as the innocent are slaughtered,and before
long, the hotel has become a refugee camp.He barely negotiates their safety,he care for the refugees,be a source
of strength to his family. He is making powerful connections in all strata of Rwandan life.
Paul is seen as a traitor by hutus, putting his life in danger,he will risk his own life to save strangers.
:arrow: Finally,Paul was maintained by one simple maxim."If these people get killed, I will never be a free man.
I will be a prisoner all my life," he said. I'm very proud of Paul,he is very brave and clever,also he is a great father
and husband.He loves his family so much.

In the end, though, Hotel Rwanda is not just talk about one great man.This movie showing us a painful history.
It was a great tragedy. I think I was very lucky because I have not experienced war,just give peace a chance.
"Make this world as better as you wish. Shape the future the way you want it to be." Paul Rusesabagina said. :ugeek:

Teacher's note: First off, the format looks pretty good! Thanks for this. Most of the spelling is good too. The punctuation is the main concern. I have marked a few places (orange) where fixing is needed. The actual content is quite good. I like this essay a lot. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
shenshihshih1

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports