[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - TROPIC THUNDER

TROPIC THUNDER

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: TROPIC THUNDER

Postby OlegFromRussia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:32 pm

The comedy, Tropic Thunder made ??me laugh from the very beginning, and did not let up until the end! The plot about how real actors come to actual fighting, while thinking that they are still shooting a movie is embodied perfectly in Tropic Thunder!

Ben Stiller created one of the most memorable comedies where he is joined by no less hilarious actors, who play very well just as he does. This includes "Afro" Robert Downey Jr., who makes his peers start to think that he really is a black man while making pretentious speeches about the suffering of his people. Or Jack Black, throughout the film, which takes place in "hot" conditions, suffering from a drug withdrawal, trying to get at least a cherished dose of "Coco."

Also in the film there are many aphorisms, and just funny phrases and situations that I will remember for a long time, especially the phrase of Tom Cruise, who plays the local "villain", so to speak. He surprised me very much with his reincarnation, and of course his dance at the end of the film.

Well, as a whole, I really enjoyed the film, Stiller have tried to fame. :) :) :)

Teacher's note: A well-constructed essay, part summary, ever-so-small part opinion. I am glad that you enjoyed the movie so much. Please check my edits to discover how you can make it more like real English. Another fun read here. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com

This comedy made ??me laugh from the very beginning, and did not let until the end! The plot of how real actors came to actual fighting, while thinking
that it is still shooting going embodied perfectly!
Ben Stiller took one of the most memorable comedies, while he took to himself no less hilarious actors who are just like he played very well. That only
is "Afro" Robert Downey Jr., who made his operation starts to think that he was really a black man, with the saying pretentious speech about how the
suffered of their people. Or Jack Black, throughout the film, which takes place in "hot" conditions, suffering from a breaking, trying to get at least as a
cherished dose of "Coco."
Also in the film there is a lot of aphorisms, and just funny phrases and situations that I will remember for a long time, especially the phrase of Tom Cruise,
who plays the local "villain", so to speak. He was very surprised me with his reincarnation, and of course his dance at the end of the film.
Well, as a whole, I really enjoyed the film, Stiller have tried to fame. :) :) :)
OlegFromRussia

Postby Allensu » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Tropic Thunder is amazing! It's different than even normal movies; there have so many ugly words but the movie is so funny to watch. It talks about some ghost action star who wants to save his status in the entertainment world. So he joins the most expensive movie of the Vietnam war " movies maker. As acting sent star donnie to challenge his acting decided to his body in the Vietnam war with black role .

The important thing is with extremely exaggeration technique about a group of pampered actors and love to play big-name actor in southeast Asia the jungle to make a "History is the most expensive of the Vietnam war " type of film, but the results accident in the live ammunition the tale of war . This movie has some persons who speak Chinese, but I don't understand what are they are talking about, and for the ending, everyone is saved. I think It's destiny . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Teacher's note: This one is a little hard for me to follow (syntax). It also looks like something I saw before. It's important to always write our own ideas in our own words. I like what I get from this essay. The actors really are pampered beyond belief. How about that TiVo? In general, I would like this gifted writer to focus a little more on syntax. Big thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P

This movie is amazing . It's different than even normal movies, there have so many ugly word but so funny to watch abou the movie . It is talk about a some ghost action star wanna save his status of the entertainment . So he join the "History is the most expensive of the Vietnam war " movies maker. As acting sent star donnie to challenge his acting decided to his body in the Vietnam war with black black role . The importanting is with extremely exaggeration technique about a group of pamper and love to play big-name actor in southeast Asia the jungle to make a "History is the most expensive of the Vietnam war " type of film, but the results accident in the live ammunition the tale of war . This movie have some person to speak chinese but i don't understand what are they talking about , and for the ending they are still save , I think It's destiny . :lol: :lol: :lol:
Allensu

Postby Brandon87 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:46 pm

In my opinion Tropic Thunder received attention because of its luxurious cast. In this regard, this movie has many things to do. Most people know this story. The method actor of the film has. Also in fact, the film has comedy. In the film to learn from not impressed.

However people will laugh and have fun. Personally, I like Ben Stiller. He has image a veracity and comic style. Typical film include Museum is a Living, Meet the Parents are two movies I really like. Korean people probably know about these movies. Movies of a sentence who could we afford? I think it's an appropriate representation. Hollywood action star Tugg Speedman (Ben Stiller), five-time winner of the Oscar-winning Method actor Kirk Lazarus (Robert Downey Jr.), Jeff Port-no-notorious comic actor (Jack Black). Their appearances are planned by the ultra-war blockbuster. The cast alone makes me excited.

Teacher's note: The first thing I see is format and punctuation, so please notice how the edit is different. Now, let's have a read of the content. . . Oh boy, it is difficult to follow the syntax. Not really sure what we're saying. I think there are some tremendous ideas burried in the content, but I can't quite dig them out. We want to grow our English grammar and vocabulary. The good news is movies are a great place to do this. Keep writing and get better, my friend. Thanks much for posting! --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :shock:

In my opinion Movies about

The film received attention luxurious cast film In this regard
This movie has many things to do most people know this story
Method actor of the film has Also The film has comedy In fact,
In the film to learn from not impressed ,However people will have laugh and fun
Personally, I like Ben Stiller he has image a veracity and comic
Typical film museumis a living ,meet the parents, really like it's
Korean people probably know about this movies. Movies of a sentence Who could we afford?
I think it's appropriate representation. Hollywood action star Tug seupideumaen (Ben Stiller),
five-time winner of the Oscar-winning Method actor Kirk Lazarus
(Robert Downey Jr.), Jeff Port-no-notorious comic actor (Jack Black) is
Appearances are planned by the ultra-war blockbuster The cast alone makes me excited
Brandon87

Postby Zacharyzhang » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:08 pm

I do not think Tropic Thunder is a good movie because the film has many uncivilized words. And There are scenes of hunting the giant panda. You know the giant panda is China's national treasure. In addition to special effects and makeup, I think this movie is very boring. But I have to admit that this is a good film on the level of acting. I hope the next time we can watch some sci-fi movie or a funny movie. These are my feelings. Please criticize.

Teacher's note: The instruction was to express your opinion. Therefore, there is nothing to criticize. In fact, I greatly appreciate your honesty (as I did with Daniel's post). I differ somewhat in my opinion, but I must admit that the panda scene seemed a bit crude. We have a saying in English: "We always hurt the ones we love." Maybe Stiller was trying to show this in the movie since his character, Tugg Speedman, loves pandas most of all.

Your ideas are expressed quite clearly. The grammar, spelling, vocabulary are all pretty good. My only criticizm is the essay is a little short. Please write more next time. BTW, I think that if you watch Tropic Thunder again in six months after your English has grown, your opinion may evolve. Thanks so much for posting. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :twisted:

TROPIC THUNDER I do not think this is a good movie .Because The film has many uncivilized words. And There are scenes of hunting the giant panda.
You know the giant panda is China's national treasure. In addition to special effects and makeup in this movie than I think is very boring.
But I have to admit that this is a good film actor level.I hope the next time can watch some sci-fi movies. Or a funny movie.
These are my feelings. Please criticize.
Zacharyzhang

Postby Brian LEE » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:10 pm

In my opinion,Tropic Thunder has some great scenes and some terrible scenes. Of course, the movie has a really cool story. Also the lead roles and the supporting roles all have their individuality. But these are just my opinions. I hope the film's image is not hurt because of me.

My favorite scene is Tugg's (Ben Stiller) speech to Kirk (Robert Downey Jr) at the end of the movie. I still remember what he says. "I know who you are. You're my friend. You're my brother." Actually, they were on bad terms at the beginning of the story and remained so until this moment. But when they found themselves in a real Vietnam war, they eventually became friends. As I watched this scene, it just made my skin crawl. I think it is the best scene in Tropic Thunder.

The worst scene is the ridiculous war. The five actors have imitation guns. But the narco traffickers have real guns. I don't understand how they are able to fight each other. Lol.... :lol:

The important point here is that the movie never has a boring scene. If I recommend a comedy movie to someone I'll naturally say 'Tropic Thunder'.

I'm just wondering if you're an author what are your favorite scenes and least-favorite scene :?: :?:

Teacher's note: As I read through this essay, I got the feeling that the writer is a little shy about expressing his critical thoughts about Tropic Thunder. In fact, I welcome your honest critical ideas. To express one's critical ideas about another entity is an important skill to develop as a writer. American universities value this skill very highly, and I encourage you to be willing to articulate your critical feelings. Criticism does not mean we are attacking the movie. This is called insult, and insult and criticism are two very different things.

My two favorite scenes are when Kirk Lazarus finally takes off his mask, and when Les Grossman makes his speech about 'the universe is talking to us.' My least favorite is probably where Tugg Speedman kills the panda. I didn't quite get that. Big thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :o

I'm going to talk about my opinions of 'Tropic thunder'. There are the best scene and worst scene in the movie. Of course, the movie is really cool story.Also lead role and supporting roles have their individuality each. But it's just my opinions. I hope the film's images do not fall because of me.

First, Tugg(Ben Stiller) told Kirk(Robert Downey Jr) the great dialogue at the end of the movie. I still remember that. Tugg said "I know who you are. you're my friend. you're my brother." Actually, they were on bad terms from the first. But with Vietnam's entry into war, will be friendly. When I watched that scene, it just made my skin crawl. Anyway, I think the best scene seems it.

Second, the worst scene is the ridiculous war. They have imitation guns. But narco traffickers have real guns. I don't understand how they fight each other. Lol.... :lol:

The important point here is that the movie never has a boring scene in the movie. If I recommend a comedy movie to someone I'll naturally say 'Tropic thunder'.

I'm just wondering if you're a author what are your best scene and worst scene :?: :?:

Last edited by Brian LEE on Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brian LEE

Postby Tony.Si.Yue » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:40 pm

Tropic Thunder is an American action, satire, comedy film. The main plot revolves around a group of prima-dona actors
who are making a Vietnam War film. When their frustrated writer and director decide to drop them in the middle
of a jungle, they are forced to rely on their acting skills to survive in the real action and danger. :o

The most impressive role in this movie to me is Les Grossman a foul-mouthed, hot-headed studio executive.
This role required Tom Cruise to don a fat suit, large prosthetic hands, and a bald cap. I was shocked when Cruise danced
to "Low" a song of Flo Rida. I really like the character that he acted, especially his dance at the end of movie. 8-)

All in all, Tropic Thunder is a great, funny movie, even though the actors use bad Chinese pronounciation. But I like it.
:P

Teacher's note: This opinion piece gets right to the point of your thoughts, few wasted words. I like this. I too was "shocked" the first time I watched TC. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't think I even recognized him the first time I watched Tropic Thunder and certainly not the Flo Rida song. But it sure stayed in my head. Thanks, Tony, for posting. Let's grow some English! --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :mrgreen:

Tropic Thunder is an American action, satire, comedy film. The main plot revolves around a group of prima actors
who are making a Vietnam War film. When their frustrated writer and director decide to drop them in the middle
of a jungle, they are forced to rely on their acting skills to survive in the real action and danger. :o

The most impressive role about this movie to me is Les Grossman a man the foul-mouthed, hot-headed studio executive.
This role required that Cruise don a fat, suit, large prosthetic hands, and a bald cap. I was shocked when Cruise to dance
to "Low" a song of Flo Rida. I really like the character that he acted, especially his dance at the end of movie. 8-)

All in all, Tropic Thunder is a great, funny movie, even though stardom has bad Chinese pronounciation. But I like it.
:P
Tony.Si.Yue

Postby Chaochen » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:27 am

In Tropic Thunder, there is a film company that wants to take a war film about Vietnam, but they spend a lot of money and got noting from the movie. So the director tries something different to save this movie. Than the photography team goes into the jungle to make some real action scenes by using real ammunition and bombs to make the movie real. However, the actors have some very bad luck when they meet a group of heroin producers. They are now forced to help each other for real. Finally, they succeed and there camera records it all; they make a greed movie.

All in all, the movie is very funny. I had a lot of fun with it. My one criticism is that this movie has a lot of dirty words, but also it's where some of the fun comes from. I like it, but I don't like it when Tugg Speedman kills a panda, because the panda is from my hometown. Other parts are OK for me.

Teacher's note: Are you from Sichuan? I was luck enough to see some pandas while in China. I have a little trouble with the panda scene too. I think this essay is well written, but I would prefer more opinion and less summary. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:

there is the company want to take the war film, but they spend lot of money and got noting fell from the movie, they try to make something different to save this movie be perfect.
Than the Photography Group was going to forest to make real scene and use real ammunition and bombs to make the movie be real, but they are very bad luck ,there one of them met a group of bad guys than other guy try to help him. finally they succeeded and there camera records it all, they made a greed movie.

In all of the movie is very funny, i fell lot of fun with that. but in this movie has lot of dirty words, but also it's where is the funny come from. i like it, but I don't like that person killed a panda, because panda is from my hometown, other parts is ok for me.
Chaochen

Postby annalikeyou » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:14 am

Tropic Thunder dishes out laugh one by one, and it keeps us laughing the whole time. I have heard of few movies as origianl as this, espically a comedy. It has a certain charm with the actors and jokes that makes us want more, and to see these guys again. It has a great setting, it disses real life, starting with the actors' own characters, and it makes fun of the movie industry itself.

Ben Stiller decides act one movie in order to entertain, and he brings in other good actor with whom he can collaborate. Every one of the actors in Tropic Thunder has his own special skill, so it produces a good collaboration.

In this movie I like how they act wall this place because this section is very comical. Everybody laughs loudly. It's very good time to me. thank you mike ~~ :P :P :P

Teacher's note: And thank you for posting. Overall, pretty good although I had a little trouble understanding some of this opinion piece. It comes across as a cool summary/opinion of the movie. Keep writing. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:

Tropic thunder dishes out laugh one by one and it keeps us laughing the whole time. I have heard of few movies as origianl as this, espically a comedy.
It has a certain charm with the actors and jokes that maes us want more, and to see these guys again.
It has a great setting, it disses the real life starts of there own characters, and it makes fun of the movie industry itself.

Ben Stiller In order to entertainment. he decides act one movie.and have good actor can collaborate
with him. every one have skill by self. so it's good collaborate.

In this movie i like they act wall this place. because this section very comic. every body laugh loudly.
It's very good time to me. thank you mike ~~ :P :P :P
annalikeyou

Postby minsu0108 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:53 pm

Tropic Thunder begins with three film trailers of imaginary film stars who later turn out to be the stars of this movie, which is set in Vietnam. The whole point of this movie is the movie itself. When the director of this movie-within-a-movie steps on a land mine and is killed, the lead actor thinks it is not real, and this is very funny to me. Tropic Thunder is a parody of the film industry rather than a typical simple comedy.

Teacher's note: On first reading, this opinion piece is very difficult for me to follow. The vocabulary is there. It is good, but the logical relationship between the words is not clear. This is called syntax, and this author will need to focus some attention on the English version of syntax in order to be understood.

I have attempted to rewrite this essay to say what I am only guessing is its intention. I hope I got it close to correct. Please notice that I simplified the syntax and vocabulary to help make the essay more clear. Thanks for posting! --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :ugeek:

To indicate that shooting people in the film before the film trailer shows,
the people who appear on the trailer is there in Vietnam
and the beginning of the film comes contents.
This movie up to a point in the movie the movie is a point.
The actors in the film directed by film ends up dead, even though they
Does not recognize the reality comedy funny enough to be considered.
Like, this is a parody of the film industry rather than the overall salvage simple comedy.
minsu0108

Postby chloe » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:08 am

Tropic Thunder is a very funny comedy movie. I think this is very American style comedy movie. It was very funny, but some jokes are hard to understand so I was not able laugh. It was still funny because I like Ben Stiller and I like comedy movies.

There are some scenes showing little kids smoking cigarette. I didn
chloe

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports