[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - TROPIC THUNDER

TROPIC THUNDER

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: TROPIC THUNDER

Postby steven » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:55 am

Tropic Thunder is a totally crazy film full of humor, action, special effects, and good story: Players running a war movie on an island inhabited by drug dealers, A cast for a trip from hell ... the Deer Hunter.

The film ranges from beginning to end between hilarious moments at will, and big schoolboy gags that fall flat. It is difficult to appreciate the great moments when they guess they will be followed by a decrease in the rate of twenty minutes. Just cult.

Teacher's note: What I like about this essay is that it feels like opinion, which is how it should feel. But it is rather brief and most of the ideas seem not fully fleshed out. In other words, the reader is hungry for more detail. This loss damages the esteem of such an essay. But it's off to a good romp. I encourage this writer to write more. Big thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:

A totally crazy film full of humor, action, special effects, a good story: Players running a war movie on an island inhabited by drug dealers
A cast for a trip from hell ... the Deer Hunter.
The film ranges from beginning to end between hilarious moments at will, and big schoolboy gags that fall flat.
Difficult to appreciate the great moments when they guess they will be followed by a decrease in the rate of twenty minutes
Just cult
steven

Postby shenshihshih1 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:35 pm

Tropic Thunder is a American action satire comedy film. :D

The film, in its studio-satirizing movie within a movie, brings blackface back in the form of Seargent Osiris, played by Robert Downey Jr. In fact, none of the ostensible plot conflicts (the actors are lost, the actors realize they're in Real Shit, the Stiller character finds an admiring audience among his captors) yield any clarity, energy, or resonance whatsoever.

According to Wikipedia, "Stiller developed the premise for Tropic Thunder while shooting Empire of the Sun"

According to NickFlickPicks, "He sucks at specifics; Simple Jack looks close to but also annoyingly far from the kinds of movies he clearly has in mind to ridicule, which is the real reason the joke doesn't work." Just in my opinion.

According to Wikipedia, "Tom Cruise's appearance was supposed to be a surprise for me." According to NickFlickPicks, "Cruise doing a tiresome variation on the mercenary monsters. I did enjoy his harebrained hip-hop choreography." :lol: Back to Wikipedia,"I think Paparazzi have ruined what should have been a fun discovery for moviegoers at that time."

Actually, this film is not funny for me, because I don't understand the jokes in a movie. :shock: But thanks mike. ;)

Teacher's note: Just for fun, I thought I'd google some of the quotes from this essay. I'm saddened to say that most of it is copied from other sources without proper credit. Even though this writer pieced this essay together from several sources, it is still the ideas and writing of others, not the writing of this person.

University students (and future university students) must be very careful to give proper credit and, in most instances, only copy short passages, in other words, phrases not complete ideas. So in the end, I am disappointed that this has happened once again. No plagiarizing, please! --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :(

Tropic Thunder is a American action satire comedy film. :D

The film in its studio-satirizing movie within a movie, brings blackface back.
In fact, none of the ostensible plot conflicts (the actors are lost, the actors realize they're in Real Shit, the Stiller character finds an admiring audience among his captors) yield any clarity, energy, or resonance whatsoever.

Stiller developed the premise for Tropic Thunder while shooting Empire of the Sun. He sucks at specifics; Simple Jack looks close to but also annoyingly far from the kinds of movies he clearly has in mind to ridicule, which is the real reason the joke doesn't work, just in my opinion.

Tom Cruise's appearance was supposed to be a surprise for me. Cruise doing a tiresome variation on the mercenary monsters. I did enjoy his harebrained hip-hop choreography. :lol: I think Paparazzi have ruined what should have been a fun discovery for moviegoers at that time.

Actually, this film is not funny for me,because I don't understand the joke in a movie. :shock: But thanks mike. ;)
shenshihshih1

Postby shenshihshih1 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:14 am

Tropic Thunder is a American action satire comedy film.I don't like this kind of comedy film.It's very hard for me to write the essay.Because I don't have any opinion about this film.But I know I still made a mistake.I will never do that again. I think I have to compensate for my mistakes.So I decided to write again.
This essay for sure is all about my real opinion.
I think the film changes the real world into a sense of humor, the actual world is very dark and ugly.
Maybe I have to find a pleasure on the film, the pleasure of spectators... After all,the joke doesn't work for me is true.
Tom Cruise's and Robert Downey Jr's appearance were very shocking to me.
According to NickFlickPicks,''I did enjoy his harebrained hip-hop choreography.'' I fully agree with him.
Becase this is only of the part I feel Interesting in the entire film.
Finally,this film is not funny for me,because I don't understand the joke in a movie.

I think I just did the right thing. Not for the purpose of score.I apologize for my mistake that let you down.
I made this mistake i think you will put real bomb on me. :oops:

Teacher's Note: Thank you for reposting this in your own words. I like how you included a brief quote from NickFlickPicks (which is properly attributed). Unfortunately, in life the painful lessons are the ones we often remember best. I hope this one was not too painful, but that you always remember it.

I still predict that after your English improves, you may have a greater appreciation of Tropic Thunder. In any case, you are always entitled to your own opinion. I hope you will watch this movie again some day, and share your opinion on http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com. --mike
shenshihshih1

Previous

Return to Movie Reports