[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - LIMITLESS

LIMITLESS

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: LIMITLESS

Postby Daniel » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi, I am Daniel.

I watched this movie last four months. I am very happy to watch this movie again, because I am interested in this kind of movie.

When I first time watched this movie, I think if I got NZT, I will be a freak, I will get a new TOEFL text, I will have a high score. Then I

study at UCLA, I just use 1 year to finish it. I come back to my country, I have my grandiose business, I will be the best rich man in this

world
Daniel

Postby suetkwan » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:37 pm

If NZT existed in the real world, I think it will have different problem, it benefit is help humanity developing more high technology, also it can help economic development and medical developing. Because this medicine have great power and it
suetkwan

Postby Zacharyzhang » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:35 pm

I think this movie is a good movie. The stars in this movie have the fantastic performing.

This movie tells us there is a purson who is a poor ruffian eat a special medicine, then he become a famous business man

because this medicine play a potential brain.

After that, he know this medicine named NTC.

Although eat NTC can make your algorithm and leverage more good, it can also bring you the side effects which is

hieroglyphs

In my opinion, this movie is not realistic. If we want to be successful, we need to work hard.

By the way, the music in this movie is really good. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Teacher's note: (vocab. 10) This summary of the movie does not come close to answering the prompt. Its author needs to understand the prompt before writing. I like his interpretation of the events in the movie.
Thanks. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :?
Zacharyzhang

Postby Jane714 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:40 pm

If NZT existed in the real world, I think people will do not try their best to do everything well. Because the NZT can make the human smart.
They can do everything they want without efforts, and invalid people can get everything they need. They do not worry about something they don't get.
The human will feel satisfied,Because they can get everything more easier, For them, It is really utopian.

You don't need to work hard, Everybody can be promoted to become rich. We can rapid success. and we can pass the test quickly.These all we need.
Nobody can hurt you,and you will be a invincibleperson.The best things will be with you all the time. unparalleled will make you lazy,You never worry about if you can not get something. That is why people like to have NZT.
If we have learning curve,It can you everything.

If life has shorcut, we will get more and more satisfied.But Life never has shortcut.
If you want to success, we must hardworking to get successful. Remember:Life never has shortcut.

Teacher's note: (15) Some very good advice about life here. This author clearly sees the folly of taking a shortcut to brilliance. We just need to work on that grammar.

Thanks for sharing. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :twisted:
Jane714

Postby joe123 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:26 am

We have tried the brain are blocked, but dead line is approaching, if we can use a "NZT" pills to make our mind clearly, immediately becomes intelligent, all aspects of ability are enhance, without any restrictions, how good is it?

"NZT" can activate the untapped potential of the brain, so when people use this pills, immediately to be a unparalleled and straighten out. If successful, human's intelligence and wisdom more highest than imagined. If everyone use "NZT", then all of them are smarter than Einstein, social and technological development may be even worse than imagined.

The most disturbing place is people keep taking "NZT", if the pills are shortage, he became general weakness and have a lot of bugs coming soon. This inevitably makes the "NZT" associated with drugs. But after that we need to dependent on this drug and can't get off. Some unnatural warning displayed. People rely on magic drugs "NZT", can immediately become smart, tricks, knowledge, and flaunt, but these acts are unnatural and freak.

"NZT" is addition to developing the potential of the brain, the most important is people's attention is highly concentrated. The actor is in a sad plight, but after taking "NZT", he has extreme concentrate, works more efficiently. Distinguishes successful people, they are not necessarily related with the level of intelligence, but they are more focus than anyone else.

People rely on drugs, especially by chemical substances made ??of western medicine, it is easy to continue to rely on drugs and unable to extricate by themselves and no end of trouble. Maybe use "NZT", you can flaunt, also it will ultimately suffer. If you want to use this pills, discretion about after the effect, what can you do.

We always think about that sitting in front of the computer, do not have any idea. The main reason is we do not have enough of focus. If we want to succeed, as long as the concentration to struggle and no need to resort any panacea.

Teacher's note: (40) It looks like this writer really worked hard on this thoroughly-detailed essay. Unfortunately, the sentence structure is quite far from English. I suggest get back to basics. Write less; focus on good basic grammar until the syntax improves, which it will.

Thanks. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :)
joe123

Postby shenshihshih1 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:13 am

:geek: Eddie is a writer who without Inspiration and divorced.He has been dumped by his girlfriend Lindy. Life of setbacks made him downcast.
While he blames himself as useless and believes that he has zero future. Inadvertently obtain a sample of a new drug. When Eddie accepts, much to his surprise,become a fluent speaker,and he can understand the complex equation.Everything Eddie's read, heard or seen is instantly serve up and available to him.But unexpectedly efficacy is just a day, after a sleep he will be back to life and to last for extraordinary ability must medicine every day. Just like he says, ''A table a day and I was limitless.''Maybe title [limitless] mean for this is to develop the human to be limited ability, and inspire the human what we can do. We usually only 20% of the development of the brain, that allows him to use 100 percent of his mind. As one man evolves into the utopian version of himself, is a exciting pills, that I want it. :lol: :lol: :lol: When he asks for more of the drug, but found that his friend was murdered, and in his room find more pills.These beyond mortal wisdom, let his career success , to obtain the dream of fame and lethal.
:arrow: If the NZT really exist, people will have unlimited ability and wisdom, the person's desire and greed will also emerge, in order to pursue the infinite wealth and power. Like Eddie from a writer instantly become a stock market masters, get the favour of Carl, then the side effects of drugs and negative effect also come. Worse, he discovers withdrawal from drugs that cause serious health and mental problems, may resulting in death. Lindy warns he to taper off his NZT usage before it is too late. Eddie also starts increasing his pop of NZT.
Some of the effects of NZT, like increased productivity and focus or the feeling of having to keep moving forward is similar to the effects of drug. There also seems to be a new drug, which can help people with focusing and efficiency too. But the ability to recall all the memories in your subconscious and the ability to process information in an almost superhuman capacity.
:arrow: If the NZT really exist,maybe isn't too bad.They're useful and we can use them for the rest of our lives. Lastly,once the drug wears off so does the heightened brain activity? Finally,that he no longer needs the drug, where his labs have now created a pill that works like NZT only there are no side effects and the super smart effects are permanent.If this is true,how nice!
With a stash and hit men who will eliminate him to get the NZT, he must stay wired long enough to elude capture and fulfill his destiny. If he can't, he will become just another victim who thought he found invincibility.I admit that pills are of great help, pill like a turning point in this movie, but if he didn't change their concepts and geared on pills, he will never succeed out of difficulties. Even the last he needs pill to be lethal, at least he has transformed the pills, Not the original clinical trials.
:roll: Watching this film,I think people is really limited,no matter in any way.
But I think everyone knows,everything that important about what you thought.

Teacher's note: (vocab. 20) Thank you very much for a thorough run-down of Limitless. I would like your essay to focus more , much more, on the prompt. When you enter the academic program and take credit classes, you will often receive prompts from your teacher. You will always be expected to address them directly. Thanks. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :D
shenshihshih1

Postby Tony.Si.Yue » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:55 am

In my opinion, it depends on who control the
Tony.Si.Yue

Postby annalikeyou » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:49 am

:P last week i saw that movie . takes an experimental drug that allows him to use 100 percent of his mind. As one man evolves into the perfect version of himself.
in My opnion if this"NZT" can control your life and help your work and give you courage. it's very easy to live.saw that movie everybody can know it'sinvalid.
first time eddie alaways plight.because he no skill about his life. after "NZT" he changed . have courage and changed to smart. winer in his job. everythingutopian. but someday after he start pathetic.if not eat this medicine he changed to miserable.
If really have this medicine maybe our life are very simple. everybody don't need to hard working or hard to learn something.just belive medicine power control life.
i think it's not good. take pains to do sth are very happy . you can enjoy your life.
If have shot can eating this medicine help my life. i can use a little time ..but not Complete Obedience .i want to jockeymy self.

thank you mike :P :P

Teacher's note: You're very welcome. (vocab. 20) Many of the sentences do not have a subject. We need to focus more on our basic sentence structure. Also, the content should be more about the prompt. I think this author captures the message of Limitless pretty well, why this drug is ultimately not a good idea. Thanks. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:
annalikeyou

Postby chloe » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Hi this is Chloe.
chloe

Postby Chaochen » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:34 am

HI here is chao
i'm so sorry for post late
I like this movie, it is just gave to me so many reverie about if i got NZT.
but i will say what is the most people think about if NZT existed in the real world, people always think about the bad side first they will see some people use it to do some bad things or NZT will let the world be confusion because lot of reason.
But i don't agree it, if it existed in the real world the gaverment of course will control it and use it for few people that who wants contribute to the world. And i don't worry about some bad guy will use it to do bad things because it's realy easy to see what's the different who already take the NZT or not. maybe the NZT also can fix the problem of 2012.
so I think it's more good than harm

Teacher's note: (vocab 0) An interesting opinion. You need to pay attention to GPS (gaverment :( ). When you get into the credit program, you will not be allowed to turn in such late work. I recommend, get used to the idea. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:
Chaochen

PreviousNext

Return to Movie Reports