[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - ALMOST FAMOUS

ALMOST FAMOUS

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

ALMOST FAMOUS

Postby maikuu » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:48 am

I hope you enjoyed ALMOST FAMOUS!

Choose your favorite character (William, Anita, Mom, Russell, Penny Lane, Lester Bangs, Ben Fong-Torres, Jeff Bebe, Doris the bus . . .).

Describe this character, 100-200 words - 100 points.

Before you post, remember GPS (Grammar, Punctuation, Spelling).

Screen shots are welcome.

Thank you. --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :D :oops: 8-) :shock: :o :( :cry: :mrgreen: :?: :lol: :) :oops: :oops: :oops: :idea: :roll: :oops: ;) :ugeek: [/size]
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: ALMOST FAMOUS

Postby annalikeyou » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:29 pm

Teacher's note: You're welcome. Nice thoughts. GPS still needs much fixing. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :)
annalikeyou

Postby Tung092 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:00 pm

Almost Famous is a movie about a young boy William going to be a music magazine author. However, when he running on his dream, he got some problem to stop him. Fortunately, "Stillwater" appear help him and take him to travel.

In this movie, my favorite character is Russell, he is a guitarist of the "Stillwater". At first he was a selfish person, he didn't care about his friends, members and girlfriend. So, his members hate him in their heart.
But when he met William and had some happen with him, Russell began to learn somethings.

One day, when they were traveling by plane, a storm came. They complain something about the sound by their heart and Russell. Russell never know that he was a poor people before its happen.
Finally, Russell change his life, try to be a nice people and be honest.The most important is to learn to treasure other people in his life.

I like this character because when he know he is wrong, he try to change. Same as our true life, we should always give people a change, sometime they might don't know they are wrong and just need a hand. So, if we can less hate and more forgiveness, people will be nice too. That's what i saw on this character, so i like him.

Thanks for watch

Teacher's note: There is great insight in this essay. Most movies are all about how the characters change and change each other. Watch the grammar. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglisl.com :P
Tung092

Postby Queena » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:08 pm

I like this actress
Queena

Postby Jane714 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:13 pm

The story happened in the United States in 1973, when rock music is ascendant, new jin rock and roll band emerge. These bands and their music for the age of 15.
I like William best, Because the little William hooked, after some hard work, he got from the old music magazine rolling stone's "special" task-interview a are popular rock band "still water". So in spite of his mother's opposition, follow the band on the tour music journey. After a rain later, is no longer just the interviewer but a member of the band finally feeling the family and William the truth of life.
In the 70 s, when the sex, drugs, rock and roll and the liberation together, a conservative family from the age of 15 young William, regardless of the conservative opposition to the mother, the bible as a rock music, rolling stone magazine reporter, with a new rise when red rock band "Stillwater" tour in the United States. In the process of tour, William on one hand and the members of the band to develop friendship, on the one hand, and to maintain the neutrality reports. Through the and senior rock music fans penny
Jane714

Postby suetkwan » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:18 pm

In this movie my favorite character is
suetkwan

Postby ki_eun_choi » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:05 pm

I'd like to talk about William's mom. She is a hard-shell conservative. For example, when she saw the word "X-mas", she tell him about X-mas is wrong word, and correct word is Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday.

She believes William is really child prodigy, and she wants him to be lawyer. Accordingly, she taught him everything so he started school at an early age. He doesn't know about his real age until 11 years old. However he has changed his life when Anita gave long-playing records to him. A few years later, he love rock music. One day he wants to go to a concert for interview, but she is loath to admit it. She just wants to believe that it's his hobby. When she take him to concert, she tell him about notice, but she is worried about him. Then he would like to go to concert tour with Stillwater so she is too anxious. When he leaves, she tell him that you have to call me twice a day, and don't take drugs. After he leaves, she couldn't concentrate on her work. Maybe I think most parents are same mind.

I think her acting is great. When she called him, she just said, "I miss you and I love you", and when she called Russel, she said grimly about her son, and when Wiliiam and Anita come back home, she is just expressional act. But her surprising depth and great emotion are great act. Her character is very important in this movie story.

I enjoyed Almost Famous. Thank you.

Teacher's note: Glad you like Almost Famous. IMHO, this is one of your best posts, very clear, few errors. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :ugeek:
Jennifer, Choi (Ki Eun, Choi)
ki_eun_choi

Postby Benjamin_kang » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:36 pm

Russell Hammond. He is my favorite character. why? I just like the character of Russell.

He is guitarist of the band, also Russell Hammond has a lot of talent and he is the leader

of the band and handsome. He and his members are being a concert in many cities with

one girl and one young man. He always bring Penny Lane and William Miller to his comcert.

In the movie, he takes many pot , acide also drink a lot in his life. in the moment, he gets

to feel about his life and Penny Lane. And then Russell Hammond decided to go to her house

Penny's house. But It is not her house. That is the house of William Miller. At that moment,

he feel like that was complicated. However he have finished the interview about his story.

He's character is cool. I like that character.

Teacher's note: I like Russell, too. He's a little irresponsible, but he gets the job done, and he feels the love. A pretty good essay, a bit informal. There are basic SVA errors here which we need to fix (He bring. He feel. He have. Very basic). Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:
Benjamin_kang

Postby Brian LEE » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:41 pm

If I'm a movie critic, this movie seems to be difficult a review of movies. This movie is not fun, not a spectacle, not impressive. But

It has beguiling. And it makes me smiling. And I thought I can learn something while I was watching it. So I'm going to talk about

favorite character.

My favorite character is William Miller. He has a clear work ethic and journalist, but I guess he has a certain charm in the movie.

He loves Penny Lane. She is fan for Stillwater. She looks like groupie in the movie, but I don't think so. He has reason to love her.

And he is good at handling situations. For example, when he was a kid, his sister said "Fuck you!" to his mother. But he calmed down his

mother to wit. And when he entered with Stillwater he said "incendiary". And while he was calling with her mother he told well.

Sometimes he looks like childish, sometimes he looks like mature. He is really considerate. In the plane, they disclosed shocking truth

each other. They talked about Penny Lane's wrong things. He admonished them to stop talking about her things. And then he talked about

loving her. Finally, he became a great journalist.

Teacher's note: Very interesting, but serious syntax issues, word form/choice. Still, I like what we're saying. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :mrgreen:

Brian LEE

Postby Brandon87 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:12 pm

About William ...

In 1973, the San Diego High School, attending the 15-year-old William Miller

In my opioion Williams Looks like to go to find himself of dream What kind of a dream

In general Love and work it's trying to solve a problem with him life or mind

he never have been friends and anyothers he probably need to sociality It is essential

he is preoccupied of rock ~ most people have indulge in one something or hoddy.

why am l like to him. he has Personality of magnsfcent to seem that william

Everyone likes want to go and have something. He too loved to rock but

He'd like to own a dream for left his alone with Mom. Eventually he left away

Whether a somepeople should not be something or work . hope like to do

this film gives human relationships, dreams, love, passion, youth of us

When this film I think we all can sympathy ,when was he.she.Youth...

sometimes William have a wound because Penny Lane. Love is for anyone who hurt

this film has Impression,understand all excepting Children This is a fun movie.

Teacher's note: Because of syntax issues, this essay is a bit difficult to follow. But I like how you take us through William's journey of change to adult (coming of age). Pretty cool . . . Thanks for your ideas. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com. 8-)
Brandon87

Next

Return to Movie Reports