[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - BLACK SWAN

BLACK SWAN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

BLACK SWAN

Postby maikuu » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:53 pm

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: BLACK SWAN

Postby jay12345 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:16 pm

The story isn't complex to understand, A ballet dancer had excessive requirement[s] and created too much pressure for herself because the performance. Eventually, she became schizoid.
The final structure of all desires are dying. The heroine Lena [Nina] has been the pursuit of perfect performance in the dance, and eventually selected as the heroine of the Black Swan, but also began to embark on the journey of her death. When she officially became the protagonist of the Black Swan, her desire is not only asked her to dance to perfection [her desire was not only to dance to perfection], but also how experience perfect [but also to experience perfection] from death.
However, in the film, it's interspersing [The film is interspersed] with an essential theme: sex. Black Swan in a drama, it played a dual role. One is the temptation, the another one is to touch your own body. Thomas said: "try to touch your body." Scene after scene of self-temptation, is precisely this self-temptation, Nina finally brought out the charm of mysterious [mystery] with black swan. In black swan story, we are experiencing the director how to ultimately link up desire and death.

Teacher's note: Thank you for an insightful thought-piece. I like how you make the connection between perfection, sexuality, and death. Nice job.

--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:
jay12345

Postby Hieu162005 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:02 pm

the [The] movie talk[s] about young girl, nina[Nina], is dance with new york city ballet company. the company prepares to swan lake. the director, thomas, chooses 2 people's dance as white swan who is innocent and fragile and black swan who is sexual twin. Nina who lives with her mother is suitable for white swan and lily is suitable for black swan. Nina finds a dark side to herself. she is so stupid, she is worry [worried] and she listens to thomas told with his lustful. she tries to touch it as homework of thomas.her skin always cracks and her mother pares nina's nail with a pair of scissors. then, lily goes to nina's house and go out to drink. it has drug in nina's glass. when she bottoms up, she wants to do sex with everybody. when she goes home ,she keep do sex with lily. because it 's maybe real or her imagination. it 's so complex. maybe it's a wet dream she also see[s] herself become a bird.she listens to her mother's pictureto laugh as it has a spell. when she is in ballet' s trainroom, she see lily do sex with thomas. i don't know it's real or not. she gives tools of macintyre because she stole it. macintyre use her tool to stab her face. its so sprang. because of nina imagination, she uses glass to hurt herself. i dont like choreography as this movie. it's honor and sex movie. but it shows a fact that somebody use a innocent girl for lustful.

Teacher's note: I suggest that this writer watch the movie again to understand it better. I watched it several times before I could understand the different realities. Also, there are many errors in basic grammar and punctuation, capital letters. I like the overall prose and use of vocabulary. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :twisted:
Hieu162005

Postby Daegeun » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:08 am

BLACK SWAN is the movie which is showing [which shows] us the process of main actress, Nina (Natalie Portman), becomes perfect [becomming the perfect] ballerina for swan queen (actually it
Daegeun

Postby hanfei19931023 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:17 pm

The whole film to see the heart seem to have been carrying . Half of the care of the Nina 's life in the fear of illusion , [illusion,] half in the pressure of reality . The end of the movie in her sentence " I felt perfect ''.Several places in the film she said, "I just want to [be] perfect" , it was not so crazy .She has been madding , she seems to do the "white swan" when fear all.She [is] scared to be like her mother because of their age can not continue to dance ; she scared to be like Beth , how did the legs to dance ?;She also fear that some day, like Beth replaced by an individual.Nina can't accept someone insult the purity of this White Swan.But she must complete the " Black Swan " , according to her own requirements must be perfect .Her dress is pink ; her room pink ; her evening listening to the music box to sleep . She is white perfect embodiment of the swan .She could not accept such a ghostly black swan . As before , we can not accept the very swan family of black swans .Can this contradiction is that if you want to be "perfect" , she must accept only black swan ,so we see white swan black swan transformation began .Audience in the care of the Nina of fantasy and real life shuttling back and forth , it's difficult to distinguish between true and false.
The dark side of the " White Swan " NINA "Black Swan" everyone has , I am very afraid, afraid of the dark side of face in this movie did not like NINA last , as to find a balance between the two sides.Most of us in real life trying to make their own perfect ,but hide own inner darkness and evil in our heart.Is Pure white swan really perfect ,is black swan really ugly ?These two are our own . The most important is not to give up one , but to find a balance between the two sides.After watching this film , I will improve my personality, I will truly become your own [myself].

Teacher's note: There are some profound revelations about the BLACK SWAN in this essay. The English issues are mainly about syntax and GPS, many punctuation fixes needed. Perhaps, the author is using first-language syntax. I would focus on simpler sentences until there is a greater grasp of English syntax. Also do a lot of reading to reinforce the English. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:
hanfei19931023

Postby leemingyu » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:58 am

Nina is an exemplary and excellent balrerina. She takes as the main character of Swan Lake. Nina was ideal for the role of the Swan. However, she feel[s] constraint [constrained by] the rule of Black Swan. Becasue Black Swan must be lustful and sinister. But she wasn't. She was eager for perfect dancer, so she could't control mind and she freaked out.

At the beginning of the film, Nina was governed by her mother. In other words, her mother wants Nina must maintain young girl mind. The other hand, the coach Thomas lead her dark inner self. He feels the dark side of her sexual potential. And He choose[s] her to the role of hero. Thus, Nina feels dark inner of herself.

Someday Nina plays with Lily. Lily is balrerino of company. But she was not just balrerino. She was alternate of Black Swan role and she gives sexual enjoyment to Nina. Nina and Lily play with men in night club. And they go to Nina's house. And Nina enjoys sexual pleasure with Lily. But actually she hadn't sexual intercourse with Lily. It was dark ego. Then she fails mind control more and more.

Finally performance day is coming, she dolls up for performance. After first performance, she finds Lily in her room. She feels crisis of Black Swan role. So she fights with Lily. In the middle of fight, she kills Lily by a piece of mirror. And she performs Black Swan. But in fact, she killed by herself. It was not Lily. Thus she commits suicide with swan's suicide. And she said. "I was perfect.".

When I saw this movie, I thought Heathcliff Andrew Ledger. He was very very famous actor. He acted well Joker in Dark Night. He also commited suicide like Nina. He said "I couldn't stop thinking about Joker. My body had been tired to death, my mental was rolling." Dark Night was breakthrough and collapse to him. I think he also would be in pain because of dark ego. At last this moive suggests something to today's entertainments. It was so esoteric moive to me.

Teacher's note: Thanks for a really tight essay, not to mention an amazing connection with Heath Ledger. I recommend proofreading for GPS before posting. Many of the incidental mistakes could thus be cleared up. There is an unnecessary shift of verb tense from past to present. Nice job overall.

--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :)
leemingyu

Postby leokim89 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:50 am

Many people think that Nina is schizophrenic or [has] some kind of mental illness. However, I was curious that why [ was wondering why this] is a film for adults only.
leokim89

Postby Vivian0427 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:27 am

To be honset?i [I] have heard about Black Swan before?but it was a
Vivian0427

Postby zhongchengdong0822 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:01 am

Most people will pursue perfection,and show the most perfect side for everyone.[ ] For artists, arting perfect is their frenzied quest."Black swan" actress Nina each dance movements are perfect,,but because Nina is a prude actress,she just focus[es] on the action of the perfect and forgot about the ture feelings.
I have watched this movie two times.So I got some special feelings from this movie.
This is a process of a ballet dancer from choose start to show the end,is also a growing process,a ballet dance performers in pursuit of perfect process.
Nina is a lovely children[child], but she also have their [has her] own dreams, she [dreams. She] also wants to be SwanQueen, can also play the white swan and black swan two characters.Although she on the surface is a complete dancer,and be [is] recognized as playing the white swan, choreographer Thomas want[s] to choose a person who can also show the white swan and black swan,unfortunately,Nina lacks of the feeling of black swan.But the end of the movie,Nina break this problem through,and become successful.
Although i have watched this movie two times,I still want to watch again, I think it is a good movie.

Teacher's note: Glad you like BLACK SWAN. I agree it shows a provocative story. There are many editing fixes needed here with capital letters, punctuation, and spacing. Also, I would question some of the word choices. Interesting essay. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
zhongchengdong0822

Return to Movie Reports