[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - ADJUSTMENT BUREAU

ADJUSTMENT BUREAU

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: ADJUSTMENT BUREAU

Postby Seunghui » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:47 pm

Hi.
My name is Hwang Seunghui.

In my opinion this movie was deep interest

But the movie that will tell us in the message.

Trained as a way of thinking human beings stark aligned and Accordingly the patterns of life, which tends to maintain a

consistent pattern seems to be

However, the Hero is out of the plan and he is overcome all difficulties.

Also, he makes great love.

He makes a challenge put up withe danger to escape the confines of our own destiny.

Eventually destiny our power can control. Our destiny isn't sealed.

If you want to go, I don't dissuade you.

Thank you.

Teacher's Note: And thank you for posting. A quick note on format. Please don't start each sentence on a new line. Let the program wrap the text for you. I appreciate the double space.

There is a lot of interesting vocabulary here, but I'm not sure of some of the word choices for best clarity. I do get the general idea, and I like it! Nice post.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :?
Seunghui

Postby JAEDUKPARK » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Hello Mike.

This is Jaeduk Park.

I've enjoyed the movie.

It made me confusingbut I have had my own opinon about the destiny since I was 14 years old.

Anyway, Thank you for giving opportunity which I think again about it.

With development of economy, lots of people no longer believe about their destiny that someone control it.

However, nobody knows about that. Actually, I believe that, there is someone who has higher power than us,

but it dosen't metter. Even if, someone knows everything about the world or he has made the world, he doesn't do anything.

He is not involved but just looking at us. People can choose their destiny whatever they want, because poeple have their own free will.

When I was young boy, I thought that every people cannot do anything without some kind of the god and people just live with their destiny

which is already made [it] by someone. Of course I believe there is someone who has higher power. However, that is all. people have own free will.

Even though, the world was made by someone, he is not concered. He just look at the people's life. The one migth be eccentric.

For example, We can look for the news about some people win or lose in their life . In addition, there are always reasons, why they win and lose in their life.

Churchill was most famous a politician, but when he was young, he was kind of bad boy. Every people had not known that he would become the best politician.

However, He was frustrated. he made a greater effort, and then finally, he could succeeded.

Poeple who work hard, they can get more opportunity than the others who don't work hard. people cannot always win, even hard working.

However, It is turth, they can have lots of chance. If people make a greater effort, they should succeed.

Effort nevr be betrayed.

Thanks for reading. :)

Teacher's Note: A quick note on format: There is too much empty space here. Let's close it up a little. Thanks.
It is amazing that you still remember the moment you had a realization about free will. I also like the anecdote about Churchill. Overall a well-realized essay. Be careful with basic syntax. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
Last edited by JAEDUKPARK on Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
JAEDUKPARK

Postby Mertkucukali19 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:51 pm

Hello Mike:) i m Mert Kucukali

People thinks a great power controls their life when they born they think they can't change their life what happens bad in their life they think it is destiny they give up. I don't think so ,
i don't believe in destiny people decide their destiny with things they do. People who believe in destiny they do nothing and they expect lots of things and when they struggle they find excuses to escape ,if you don't work for it you won't get any success waiting is wrong first you will work and don't give up than you can choose your destiny.
For example in this film matt damon loves a girl but higher powers don't want this relationship. They say that if you have relationship with this girl you will have a terrible life and girl will have also terrible life too .Although matt damon has a problem like this he doesn't give up , he marries with the girl and be successful this shows us that he can choose his destiny .
Higher powers don't choose our destiny we choose our destiny .

Teacher's Note: But what about chance? Bravo for some strong points expressed here. I suspect that there is some first-language grammar, which needs to be addressed. Focus on run-on sentences. They should be broken into smaller sentences, or connectors must be used. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
Mertkucukali19

Postby sylviaaaa102 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:05 pm

hello!I'm Sau Yung Wong(Sylvia).

In my opinion,first I watched The Adjustment Bureau after I don't like to be controlled my destiny.So I don't like this movie content. Richardson's role is poor who is selfishHe purpose control David['s] privacy.I love David and Elise love story,they were so sweet and romantic for first.They kissed in restroom and they hadn't contacted for four years but they were loving together.John had high power to control David love,unfortunately Elise and David can't always great relationship.

Second,although we can't control destiny ,we can control future.

Finally,I just don't like this movie Richardson contact other people. Everyone have privacy by ourselves.I think we can choose our destiny.

Teacher's Note: Yeah, that Richardson, and especially Thompson were a little dangerous. I'd like this author to first focus on GPS and basic grammar. Some interesting opinions here. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :geek:

Thank you!!!
sylviaaaa102

Postby ugurlu71 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Hello Mike!

This is Omer Faruk UGURLU.

Who controls our destiny? Good question.
It
ugurlu71

Postby kris2004 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:02 am

Hi, i`m Chris

it is very interesting topic.

my opinion about we choose our destiny or someone chooses our destiny is that we choose our destiny.

in the movie, David should not have met Elise.

however, he didn`t obey he`s destiny and met her.

therefore, it it our choice that obeys our destiny or change our destiny.

we have to make a choice that we won`t regret

our life is made by ourselves.

ADJUSTMENT BUREAU is good movie to think about myself

i will keep choosing my life for a better life.

Teacher's Note: I'm glad Adjustment Bureau has had a positive effect on your outlook. Some good ideas here. BTW Please. . . identify yourself, so I don't have to look for you. Thanks. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:
kris2004

Postby HOIKWONG1234 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Hi I'am Hoi Kwong Chan Chris
''The Adjustment Bureau'' is talk abou t fate.
A mysterious organization control the fate of David.
David want to control his fate by himself.
So David resist the mysterious organization ,this is so irritate.
Everyone have own fate,everyone should control by their self.No one can control your fate.
I think this movie topic is novel,mysterious organization agents can use the door from one place to other place.I like this Idea.
I appreciate the actor's reaction wit.He find his love by him self.
I very like this Romance and science fiction movie.
I hope i can control my life like David.
Thank you!

Teacher's Note: Some very interesting comments here. I want this author to review the grammar for present simple verb tense (some repeated errors). I hope I can control my life too, but it is so difficult. Thanks for a cool post.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :mrgreen:
HOIKWONG1234

Postby Zacharyzhang » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:54 am

Hi~I'm Zachary.

About this movie, I think the ture love can defeat everything. The Adjustment Bureau wanted to separate them but finally , they chose to get together. When the adjustment bureau told Davie if he

choose Elisa,everything will be changed. This time, Davie hesitated not because he want to be the president , the reason is he didn't want to take Elisa's future away, so he went away. In the end, when

Davie heard Elisa will get marry, he finally chose to take her away, and Elisa agreed. They didn't want to care about the future and the position, they just want to be together, and they think they will

have abeautiful future. This is the ture love. If you believe that, it will defeat everything.

Teacher's Note: Some great points expressed in this essay. David could have left Elisa for selfish reasons, but he didn't. Let's be sure and check for GPS. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
Zacharyzhang

Postby queenahe » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Hi~ I'm Yuqing He or call me queena.

I think,the film tells the hero in life to follow their own heart to make the story of the fate of selected.

In fact, I think this is actually the hero his plan of their own destiny.

I really appreciate the hero dared to pursue the life he want.
If it was me, I would do.

I consider the fate of whom never planned, fate is in their own hands.
Choice, while also planning their future life.
Choice can be changed at any time of life, life of course it can.
So our fate is not always plan is finalized, it always changing.

As long as we choices and efforts for this choices . A serious struggle for the future,so which choice is not wrong, there would be nothing wrong in life.

we just like the brave hero, to follow we heart, that is the fate of the most successful planning.

Teacher's Note: A little hard to follow because of the syntax, but some good ideas. I think you are saying that the best we can do is try, so we must try to choose. The rest is out of our hands, but it will be OK. Thanks for a nice post. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
queenahe

Postby rubimarinlo » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:58 pm

01/22/2011

Hello, this is Rub
rubimarinlo

Previous

Return to Movie Reports