[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - UNSTOPPABLE

UNSTOPPABLE

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

UNSTOPPABLE

Postby maikuu » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :shock: [/size]
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: UNSTOPPABLE

Postby Evan Huang » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:25 am

Hi, Mike,
I am Haojun Huang (Evan).
Unstoppable is a movie about two train company staffs try to stop a train which is out of control. A young conductor Will and a twenty-eight years engineer Frank started

their regular day. But it was not a regular day, because they were going to stop a 70 miles runaway train. Due to some people were thoughtless, a half-mile-long with

full power train was out of control. Unfortunately, this train was on the track which Will and Frank were. There were some dangerous and flammable stuff on the train.

So this train was like a monster. Will and Frank were all have their own problem. Will has a kid and a wife, but due to some reason, his wife and kid have to leave Will

and Will was not able to see his kid. Frank has two daughters and his wife dead for cancer. Although they secure passed the train, but for minimize the dangers, they

tried to hold up the train on the reverse. The train was going to through a curve and they have to slow it down then it can through the curve. But there was virtually no

chance that this train can make it through the curve, still, they made it. Then they tried many ways to stop the train, but they were not successes. Finally, Will catch up

the train and stop it, He became a hero, so does Frank.

Teacher's Note: A nice detailed post. Where are the five vocabulary words? Thanks for this essay.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :evil:
Evan Huang

Postby Daniel » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:26 am

Hi, this is Daniel (Xiaodong Qian).

I like UNSTOPPABLE. When I come back to my home, I saw this movie again.

At first, an old train driver and a young train conductor. Will show his profile to Frank, they have contradiction. Because Frank will will shit-can and will have half pension. Frank drives train for 28 years, he know everything about train.

A man make[s] a big mistake, he make[s] a train out of control. This train has lots of dangerous things, if it explosion at town, a great number of people will be dead. Will and Frank coordinate for make this train secure. They cutting it close in a corner, they successfully slowed the speed of the train. In the end the control this train.

They are hero. They save people
Daniel

Postby kook » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:45 am

hi i'm kook !

I watching the movie; i feel like speed,thrill ! [When I watch the movie, I feel a speed thrill!]
this movie subject is stop to the train!

First, Who is a mistake,so the train running 70mile but nobody no in the train driver
and, also be opposite approach the other train. it is take in the this is movie hero ; maybe. big an accident happens

But, fortunately they divert the track,so save their life

But they follow the train, because tried to stop that train
They priority is stop the train
and the Succeed the train of connect, but occur situation of Dangerous and break trouble
also maybe Fall the train so, big accidents happen. because,There are corners in front of

I think, this seen is highlight

They Better cope with. The dangerous situation

Many people Watch live news. and many people say "definitely it is successful" of stop to tain
Fortunately, They accomplish ,to location stop the train

Teacher's Note: Good narrative. Just need work on syntax. Thanks!
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :(
kook

Postby kris2004 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi, Mike

I`m kris(Kim Kyeong Won)

"UNSTOPPABLE" is movie that Frank and Will struggle to stop train 777.

Their first meeting is not good.

because Frank thinks he will shit-can and rookie(Will) replaces him.

at this time, Frank and Will have a family problem.

during work, they receive bad news that train 777 is running at 70 miles an hour without driver.

furthermore, train 777 has a lot of toxic material and that train will deline and trun over at the large curve.

Frank and Will notice that there is their familly at the large curve. so, they decide to stop train 777 although they know they will be fired.

Frank designs that Frank and Will drive a train in reverse side of train 777 and patch in train 777 to thire train. and then, they can

brake it and stop it. eventually they succeed in connect train 777. but brake is broken. so they decide to use a hand brake.

by using a hand brake, they pass the large curve. but monster is still running.

at this moment, Ned(workfellow)`s car is running with train 777. and then Will jumps into Ned`s car and jumps into train 777 again.

finally, Frank, Will and Ned stop train 777.

if they didn`t stop train 777, this monster will decimate people that live in the large curve.

Teacher's Note: A good essay from start to finish. Thanks for posting.
:P --mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
Last edited by kris2004 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kris2004

Postby Yuko » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi, this is yuko.

I sum up about the action movie whose name is UNSTOPPABLE.

There are two men. One of the man whose name is Will is a rooky. And

the other man called Frank is old. They are different ages and [with] different

experiences. But one [is] thing the same they have problem with their family.

One day they worked together at train 1206. At first they don
Yuko

Postby james son » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi~!! Mike. I'm JOONBAE SON. I'm sorry. I should have signed up my real name.

Anyway, I start the summary about Unstoppable.

The professional locomotive engineer Frank and the rookie Will work together.

At the time, in the switchyard, An engineer get[s] a direction the locomotive called 777 move to the other railroad,

but the locomotive which has lots of flammable materials go out of control because of the engineer's carelessness.

The locomotive go[es] toward stanton, and it is going to decimate.

So, the company which is the owner of the locomotive design to derail it.

But the guys Frank and Will have plan to patch in the 777 locomotive to their locomotive.

After succeed the plan, Will get[s] the cockpit and it can be done for the 777 locomotive to stop finally.

Teacher's Note: Good post, but watch those [s] endings. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :geek:
james son

Postby luanxuan » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Hi Mike,
I am Alisa,this is my summary about the movie <UNSTOPPABLE>.
The main roles are two men. They work on the same train 1206. The young man's name is Will ,the old man's name is Frank.
Will is a rookie for the job,but frank is woking [has worked] for this job for 28 years. In the beginning of the movie, Frank doesn't believe that Will has enough ability to do this job.
This day, The train 777 is out of control at a crazy speed.Because the driver screw up something,the driver isn't on driver when the train is running. 1206 and 777 almost crash ,but Will and Frank secure the train 1206.
Then , Frank decides to catch 777 and connect the two trains?because if 777 keep running at 70 speed?it will rush out the rail and decimate many people.The two men coordinate and believe each other. Finally,they stop 777 and save many people.
after that, they also solve their problems about their family.

Teacher's Note: Nice summary. Pretty OK syntax too. Thanks for posting!
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
luanxuan

Postby sylviaaaa » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Hello!I'm Sau Yung Wong (Sylvia).

Unstoppable is [inspired by a] true story,I can't believe this happened appear in our world.This movie we can clearly see each people profile and heart.

First,Will and Frank were cooperated stopping train 777,they design great strategy.The government has exhausted all the tricks and can not block the train 777.If they don't clearly plan release,the train 777 will be completely out of control rampage.The train will directed bombardment of the town not far from the accident,there have many people's lives were threatened by the unprecedented.Will and Frank is [are] hero[es],if they didn't stop the train777,maybe have many people diet . [typos] Although they had some problem with their family,they heart were care and miss their family.Because they thought their family,they hard work to stop it.Whatever,family is important and forever stand by me.

In my opinion,this movie like a hero relief tablets and exciting.They work together to break the membrane,finally the train777 stop.They help many people life.
I like this story!!

Teacher's Note: Glad you like this movie! Pretty OK essay. Let's work on syntax. Thanks.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :x
sylviaaaa

Postby Seunghui » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi. My name is Seunghui Hwang.

I saw UNSTOPPABLE. Frank, a veteran engineman and Will, a new employee, the day start as usual [start the day]. The don't know about

their situation in the future. The explosive rail freight in '777' train is receive [receives] direction what change to another railroad

track. But a staff makes a carelless mistak. So the '777' train is start haul ass by 100 kilometers an hour without

trainman. The railway company makes countermovers. First solution is a person is hang in midair and he is approach

to '777'. But aftermath of this plan is fail. Second plan is also very dangerous. The railway company staff is teach

trainman about consist. The other train run to the '777' and the other train collided with a '777'. But this plan is fail,

either. So Frank and Will are try. Will was injured in this dangerous situation. But attach a '777' to a their train.

Eventually, the '777' train is stop by their procedure. Frank is elevate and Will has meet his family.

So this movie is happy ending[.]

Teacher's Note: A very good post. Good use of vocabulary. Remember those academic words (AWL*). Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :evil:
Seunghui

Next

Return to Movie Reports