UNSTOPPABLE

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: UNSTOPPABLE

Postby YUJIAHUI » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Hi,Mike ,It's Emma.

Unstoppable is a pun: A runaway train unstoppable; Second, stop the train out of control determination and hard work unstoppable.

Loaded with HazMat in the unmanned train No. 777, the case went ahead to drive away, such as the beast-like roaring toward the densely populated cities and towns,it will decimate many people!

An experienced driver and a rookie conductor, they find themselves having to race against time, and only to prevent an unmanned runaway accident occurred [from occurring] in the train, and now it is full horsepower, manufactured out of destructive power is like a huge power produced by the missile explosion, they have to find some way to avoid this may well occur in highly populated areas of the disaster to provide secure for people.Its theirliability.

Its a amazing movie. When you watching this movie,almost can't feeling the time goes by!

Teacher's Note: Very nice, to the point essay. Some of the syntax is not quite correct, but it is easy to understand. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
YUJIAHUI

Postby wongkayingkelly » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:14 pm

This is my summary of Unstoppable. (Wong Ka Ying Kelly)

Unstoppable is a exciting action movie, which a real story happened in America in 2001.

The train worker Dewey made a huge mistake of failed connect the brake and put the throttle on high with train 777 which [went] out of controlled.

This human error effected a thousand of people in danger.
The runaway train 777 got plenty serious stuffs [slang] of chemical which are very toxic, highly combustible and 5000 gallons of diesel fuel.
Train 777 was running on the route pass through some highly populated areas. It could be a missile.

The heroes of this happening are rookie conductor Will and the 28 years veteran engineer Frank.
Both of them were having the family and working problems at that moment.
But they put them away and risked their life in trying to stop the runaway train.

First, they caught up to train 777, and slowed it down with gun it in the opposite direction.
Second, Will coupled their train 1206 with train 777, and Frank did the manually brake on all the freight cars of train 777.
Finally, Will got into the cab and controlled train 777.

After that, Frank was promoted and Will married Darcy. They lived happily.

Teacher's Note: Very nice summary. I like how you used the five vocabulary words. And thanks for making the extra effort to see the movie. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
wongkayingkelly

Postby JAEDUKPARK » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:56 am

Hello Mike.

This is Jaeduk Park.

The movie, whoes name is Unstoppable, was very exciting.

However, The ending was little bit so so.

There are two guys on the movie.

They have very different life style. Therefore, the first time was not good for them.

The begining of the problme is Someone who is A-hole made mistake. so consist left alone.

There are lots of dangerous things which is like Gas. Two guyscoordinated for stopping train.

If they didn't stop the train, many poeple would die. they had to stop before the conner, because, the conner is the most dangerous part.

There are very dangerous thing which is flammable.

Someone already died, because of stopping the train. they didn't think about kicker.

Finally they could make a good partnership, and stop the train.

The movie was interested [ing] for me.

However, One thing was made me confuse.

The solution was that someone drive a car, bring him to first train, and then stop.

If they had solution like this one, Why they don't do it at first time.

If the do this first, it was not going to happen.

I wnated more interesting aftermath.

Anyway, It was good movie without the kicker which is remarkable solution.

Thank you.

Teacher's Note: First thing I notice is there is too much empty space. Let the software wrap the text for you. It will look and scroll better. I agree with your question, but as Roger Corman once said, "When the monster's dead, the movie's over." So if they stop the train in the beginning, there is no movie. Hmm . . .
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :D
JAEDUKPARK

Postby pjm4381 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:35 am

Hi, My professor, Mike.
I'm Jerilynn and Jinmin Paeng.

To summarize this film,
One day, a veteran engineer Frank and rookie Will start to work as usual day. Even if they didn't know what will happen in the afternoon. At that time, The train No.777 which has explosive cargo instructed to transport to another line. But, No.777 starts the engine-up without any crew because of the driver's carelessness. It just screwed up. Soon after, the train starts like a haul ass with enormous sound and turn into a monster, a huge bomb. And so many people in the city fears to this train bomb; dangerous chemical explosive. It may decimate a lot of people. Frank and Will are going to patched in train. They sacrificed their life eventually made a train stops. They saved a lot of people's life and became the hero.

I think that this movie style is too simple and normal. The problem that happend in No.777 train is really serious even that can make a disaster in the city. But, In this movie, people who prevents the person's life, like a police and fire officer are not doing anything. They have to find something how to this problem solved true way. Anyway, This movie is can not be the real. But movie's context is fresh. I can learn about many things; if we have a dangerous problem, we are the only one person our family. also power of love. Overall, I watched this movie very well.

Teacher's Note: Thanks for an interesting observation with good use of vocabulary.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :o
pjm4381

Hoho

Postby psteven » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:45 am

Hi
I am BongKul Park(Justin)

i like this movie becuase it is based on a real event.
i'm not sure that this story virtually true but it was fun and entertaining

the movie 'unstoppable' is about the two railroad workers are trying [who try: adj. clause] to coordinate with stopping a train which is called 777

There are two main character. one is rookie just starting to work, the other man is veteran about the train.
The event was happend by worker's mistake. He failed the setting brakes , the train is running path heading towards many people lived in area.
They tried to stop the out of control the train which is containing the dangerous stubstances.
They decided to divert driving the train for catching the 777train. then rookie patched in the both trains by using the hoop.
And they pass the large curve by using the hand brake, hero is jupming into the train and then he controls the 777train diminishing spped.
Finally 777train is stop.

This must never happen again...

Teacher's Note: Good post. Let's think of ways to use those adjective clauses. They can be very helpful. Thanks!
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :?
psteven

Postby HOIKWONG1234 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:54 am

HI..MIKE I'm Hoi Kwong Chan (Chris)
unstoppable is inspired by the true story
This story is talking about a one loaded with dangerous "No. 1206" train, completely out of control rampage near the town.
That would trigger a catastrophe out of control,
and a one will be dismissed from the train technical senior staff highlight the design ,
use friction to make a train slow down.
This exciting film extension beginning to end .
i think train driver is calm wit, in a critical moment, he still resolutely decided,
risking death to stop the train stopped, And I focus how can he make the train slow down.
From this story that I know everyone has their own strengths,everyone need[s] to believe in yourself [themself].

Teacher's Note: Good observant post. It suggests that you paid careful attention, and you liked the movie. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:
HOIKWONG1234

Postby queenahe » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:40 am

Hi mike?I'm Yuqing He or you can call me queena.
I think I like this movie.

The film is said, two ordinary people.
To prevent loss of control of the train.

They saved many lives and many assets.
In the [kicker], the general routine, making American-style hero.

However, from the film, showing ordinary people's lives,
troubles, difficulties, frustration and ordinary
and extraordinary people [potentia]l.

Footage can only say that too place, old, fast [consist],
the children happy atmosphere, heroes drudgery of work,
are used in place of lenses and their respective colors infected me, influenced me.
People have been nervous, can not [hold your horses].

But I like Chris Pine, his speech was also very good.
He played too much like a [rookie].

so I still feel pretty good movie.

Teacher's Note: A good effort. This author needs to develop syntax in both diction and grammar, but I can observe that there is some profound beauty in this essay. Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
queenahe

Postby mertkucukali1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi, I am Mert.
UNSTOPPABLE is a good movie. There are two characters. Frank is a veteran who worked for very long time. Will is the rookie conductor who just started working. On this day, there was a train which lost control because the driver screw-up. So Frank and Will coordinate. But Frank does not think Will have the ability. The other train is not secure. It have some chemicals. Frank and Will try to slow down the train. It was impossible but they controlled the train. They patch in the train to another train and they saved everyone. They are heroes

Teacher's Note: A very brief but comprehensive summary from beginning to end. Good use of vocabulary. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow: www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :idea:
mertkucukali1

Previous

Return to Movie Reports