[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - FAST and FURIOUS - TOKYO DRIFT

FAST and FURIOUS - TOKYO DRIFT

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

FAST and FURIOUS - TOKYO DRIFT

Postby maikuu » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:55 am

;) :lol: :roll: :!: :P :P :o :shock: :evil: :mrgreen: 8-) :D
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: FAST and FURIOUS - TOKYO DRIFT

Postby bmm » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:23 pm

I liked the movie Fast and Furious - Tokyo Drift because on film had many action scenes, beautiful and fast cars, hot girls :D and the movie happened in Japan I like this different country. The movie became interesting when Sean met Neela and DK. Dk felt jealous when Sean and Neela was together, Dk killed Sean's friend his name was Marimoto. Marimoto teached Sean how him drive in Japan drift style. The movie finish when Sean won the race versus DK and acquired his liberty, he didn't worry with bad guys from Yakuza and he became the king of drift, in last scene showed Toreto, he is a Gangster from USA

Teacher's Note: Very good OPINION. I like how there is a little of the story alongside your ideas about the movie. Focus on grammar details.
--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
bmm

Postby IsaRibeiro » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:36 am

The movie Fast and Furious - Tokyo Drift tells about a guy name's Sean that love race cars and he thinks he is best of all races.But he knows a guy nick name's DK is better than him in the race and Sean falls for DK's girlfriend.So he starts a complete mass.Sean's father wants make how always Sean's mother made, get him out of town,but he's knowing that need to stay in the city to end the mess, he ordered a new race with DK and wins.
I like this kind of movie, because had too much action,fantastic races I love cars,I especially loved the part where Vin Diesel appears, so for me this movie was amazing! :D

Teacher's Note: A good summary, but I would like more OPINION. I like the 's' endings after the verbs. Nice work with the grammar.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com 8-)
IsaRibeiro

Postby zizo » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:34 pm

(FAST and FURIOUS - TOKYO DRIFT) The story of this movie about Sean. He is a teenager who likes challenge Race and interest it. His mother forced to send him to Japan to live with his father who works there. Sean meets Twinkie in the new school and they go to place challenge Race and Car Show and he meets Neela, she is girlfriend DK. DK's uncle is a member in Yakuza gang. DK challenge Sean for a race and ended in victory for DK. Han helps Sean on his training before be dies from DK, Sean forced to go to DK's uncle for find a way, and they reach a solution, a race with DK. Sean races with DK and ended in victory Seane. After that, DK's uncle gives Sean and Nella freedom.
A movie was awesome because I like this kind of action movie. Thank you Mr.Mike for this movie. :)

Teacher's Note: This is an excellent summary with a consistent level of detail. But I am really looking for your opinion. What kind of action movie is this? Be specific. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :P
Last edited by zizo on Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
zizo

Postby moon-ksa » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:12 pm

I like racing cars. Also I am of the fans by this movies.
The Fast and the Furious-Tokyo Drift, one of the best films seen by more than once. First, the race was between Clay and Sean Boswall, has a fun and a lot of recklessness. It was a scary accident in the end, both went to jail. After that Sean traveled to Tokyo, Japan to his father at the request of his mother. His father has too rules. Know Sean in the Japan to a lot of friends. Sean has courage, determination and insistence on winning all races. I liked this film a strength, beauty and speed of cars. In this film a lot of an amazing shots and funny in same time.
Thank you Mr. Mike for this most wonderful movie.

Teacher's Note: Nice opinion piece. Please be sure to include a verb in each clause/sentence. This will improve the grammar. Thanks.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :o
moon-ksa

Postby ralphrod » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:07 pm

This story is about Sean, a young fan of car racing also a rebellious behavior and wrong decisions. His mother decided to send him to Japan with his father, a military USA, but also have [he also has] very bad relationship with him. Sean maintains his rebelliousness, this leads to engage with some people with a somewhat extravagant lifestyle with luxury cars and much money, forming true friendship with Han. There faced a strong problem when he meet[s] and fall[s] in love of Neela, whose ex-boyfriend is DK, a young man belonging to the yakuza mafia.

It is a great action film that exposes the complex feelings of young people starting their adult lives, the consequences of making their own decisions, true friendship, honor and love, one of his best parts, is the end when Sean is challenged to a race with Toretto (Vin Disel) to pay honor to his friend Han.

Teacher's Note: Very nice vocabulary work. This author should focus on verb tense and use of subject. I'd also like a little more opinion and less narrative. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :roll:
ralphrod

Postby fahada ar » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:11 pm

I liked Tokyo Drift Movies. I enjoyed watching drifting cars, and it's also one of favorites hobbies. The story is about a teenage boy who loves racing cars. He don't [doesn't] care about all the trouble that could happen to him. When he races he don't care how, why, and when but all he cares about is how to be the winner. Seans's mother sent him to Japan to live with his father because she expected his life will be better in Japan and he won't race any more. But the truth was different so Seans turned into a drifting racer. He got into a lot of trouble in Japan, his father gave up on him after so many times. His father told him if he don't stop racing he will be in jail. Seans decided to risk it all and race one last time but wrecks his car. He was one of the best racers in town, so he decided to race in a racing competition with a lot of different people and won.

Teacher's Note: Good story-telling skill. The instruction asks for your opinion, and this paragraph needs more. Also, please focus on grammar details to become a great writer. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com ;)
fahada ar

Postby jadil » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:17 pm

The movie was made for teenagers,because it is full of showing-off cars.It showed Tokyo in a bad picture, although most of us know that Tokyo is one of the most developed cities in the world. The story in the movie was good and exciting. It has a good significance, but it is more for teenagers. I liked the role of Twinkie, because it was funny and made me laugh. I did not like the races and speeding cars, because it is dangerous and will teach the teenagers that speeding is okay. Another thing I did not like is that they made the girl as something they can win and that she was not like a person who can decide what she wants to do. This is my personal opinion on the movie and I have enjoyed watching it with my classmates.

Teacher's Note: This is a very concise and clear opinion piece. I also appreciate the honesty. The author's critical comments are presented in a constructive manner. This can be most appreciated by the reader. Big thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :D
jadil

Ellen

Postby ellen » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:53 pm

The movie is about Sean, a high school student who is an avid car racer. Sean is forced to move to Tokyo because he got into some trouble at school back in the States. In Tokyo, he picks up racing, and borrows a car from a Yakuza named han and challenges Takashi to drifting, the art of driving the car sideways, but loses to Takeshi by crashing the borrowed car. In order to fix the damages to the car and repay the debt, he agrees to join Han in extortion and Han in return agrees to teach him how to drift.
Over time, Han and Sean get closer as their friendship grows. Sean finds out that Han has been scheming money from Takashi and Takashi's uncle found out. Takashi subsequently murders Han in a staged car accident. Sean soon figures that running from the situation wont fix the problem, so he decides to take matters into his own hands. He finds Kamata and challenges him to a race with Takashi. In this race, Sean beats Takashi and becomes the new drift king.
After watching this movie, I saw that this movie was more than just a car racing movie, but a movie about drifting techniques, and the Japanese underworld. It was also refreshing to see that this movie took place in a familiar place that I call home, Tokyo. The cinematography was excellent, but also the score and the nice race cars depicted in this movie.
Teacher's Note: This thought piece contains a lovely summary of Tokyo Drift, but there is not enough OPINION, which is what I am looking for here. The vocabulary and grammar are very well executed. Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :twisted:
ellen

Postby sulafa1 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:01 pm

(FAST and FURIOUS - TOKYO DRIFT) is a good Movie, but closer to the category of teenagers. Sean Boswell is a person who is at the age of teenager. He was obsessed with racing cars. Sean Boswell moved to Japan and lived with his father because of many problems. Even when he left to Japan, he went back again for car racing. Meeting others in his age encouraged him to complete what he started. More of races and competition. Accidently, the girl he met in Japan was an ex-girlfriend of his competitor. At the end of the Movie, Sean won the final race and had a good time.

Even though it is not the type of movies that I like, I enjoyed the movie and it was fun.

Teacher's Note: I love how this paragraph starts with your general opinion of the movie. I wish it would have continued with this instead of a summary. Overall, the writing is pretty good. I like how this author is improving.
--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :o
sulafa1

Next

Return to Movie Reports