http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Postby DavidC » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:45 am

THIS WEEK WE OBSERVED THAT OUR MOVIE, 21, IS A "COMING OF AGE" STORY. WE ALSO TALKED ABOUT HOW BOTH CARS AND LEGALLY BLONDE FIT INTO THE "COMING OF AGE" STORY-STRUCTURE.

CAN YOU THINK OF ANY OTHER "COMING OF AGE" MOVIES? PLEASE LIST A FEW, AND THEN CHOOSE ONE THAT YOU LIKED AND WRITE A FEW SENTENCES TO ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS.

1. HOW DOES THE STORY OF THE MOVIE YOU LIKED FIT INTO THE "COMING OF AGE" STRUCTURE?

2. WHY DID YOU LIKE IT?
DavidC

Re: 21

Postby Dara » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:01 pm

I think Titanic is one of the coming of age movie. The movie of the protagonist, at the beginning she is very clever, she listens to her mother for anything. After that when she meet the guy who is a poor guy, she becomes independent. Because of the guy, she doesn't care perspective of others. :D The movie is very romantic. I love the movie, because when you in some trouble or issue you should be independent and depent on yourself.
Dara

Re: 21

Postby Ali Q » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:46 pm

Big Daddy, Harry Potter, Happy Gilmore, Troy, Mr. 3000
Big Daddy I believe is really a coming of age story. In the beginning Adam Sandler is a man who works one day a week and depends on some help from his father for money. He was like a kid and didn't do anything, other than going out having fun or annoying people. Then his girlfriend left him, because he doesn't have any future goal, so then he thought he had to do something with his life. So he adopted a boy, and at first he face hard times, but later he learned alot and became responsible. In the end of the movie he gets married to a lawyer, and has another kid, and he also becomes a veyr hard working lawyer.
Ali Q

Return to Movie Reports