THE NEW WORLD

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Re: THE NEW WORLD

Postby Gangnamstyle » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:45 am

I didn't watch it all because I was absent once.
However, I know Pocahontas, so I could get quite easily.
Even though I'm not interested in a love story, I liked it better than the others that have boring love stories because this shows pure love very well.
Pocahontas chose him because there was undeniable love.
Someday, I want to have like that pure love, too.
It made me think about love one more.

Thank you Michael!

Teacher's Note: Thank you Gangnam Style. Who wants to dance? I like how The New World reached you on such a personal level. Nice!

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com 8-)
Gangnamstyle

Postby Salim.el » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:11 am

Hello !

3) Why did she finally choose John Rolfe?

After the departure of Captain John Smith, Pocahontas was really depressing [depressed]. Then, Captain Newport told Pocahontas that her lover is dead. Pocahontas is devastated when she meets John Rolfe( Her life is a disaster :twisted: ). He was the perfect guy, kind to her, a good "farmer"... She marries him and they have a son. It seems that Pocahontas is with him by spite, and is still in love with Captain Smith. The fact that she kisses captain Smith in the garden might show that she still love him.

Teacher's Note: You noticed that last kiss. Maybe she wanted to wish John Smith well knowing that he had a difficult and lonely life. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :cry:
Salim.el

Postby Metallica » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:26 pm

3) Why did she finally choose John Rolfe?

I like the movie a lot because I think it is a unique story
Whenever she meets Johan we see in her eyes that she feels safe. She finally chose him because he can understand her even without talking and that is every woman in this world needs a man who can understand her and give her peace. Moreover, she chose John because she has son from him that means she started a family with John already. Even though she loves captain Smith, she can't be with him because he lied to her and left her. A women like her needs a man who take care of her and gives her love.

Aziz Alhalwan
Metallica

Previous

Return to Movie Reports