[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL

FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL

Postby maikuu » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:41 pm

:roll: :x :( :oops: :oops: 8-) :mrgreen: :lol: :cry: :geek: :roll:
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: FORGETTING SARAH MARSHALL

Postby Jessie0107 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:06 pm

c) Do Peter and Rachel have a chance in the long run?

Yes, I think they certainly have a chance in the long run. However, before Peter meets anybody, I believe he has to settle all of his things such as do some more music and get his career back after he destroyed equipment because of sarah. When he tries to start over without being ready, I am sure he will make the same mistake which he made with sarah. However, when he is ready, he will make a fine boyfriend to Rachel. Also, it is not good to move on with a broken heart.
After he restores from the broken heart, Peter and Rachel will definitely have a chance.

Teacher's Note: Thanks for being the first of several students to note this universal truth about love: It's not good to move on when your heart's still broken. There's probably a song there. Thanks for being first responder.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :twisted:
Jessie0107

Postby fal1986 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:47 pm

Hello everyone,
At first, I would like to thank Mike for choosing this great rom-com I really enjoyed it. I felt that Peter has a very sensitive character when Sarah has decided to break up with him, and this is really not good. Although, Peters' journey to heel and recover was remarcable [sp]. I beleive [sp] that if he had not met Rachel he would not be [have been able] able to recover that fast and she totally made him forget Sarah forever. I also think that peters' relationship with Rachel will succeed because all she wanted was a friendly loyal man who can please her and be nice to her. As for Sarah and Aldus Snow, each of them has had his own life because of fame and spotlight. Relationships like this might not always succeed because of the separated life this couple has.
Fahad

Teacher's Note: This min-essay covers the bases pretty well. Be careful with tense and time. Thanks for a cool post.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
fal1986

Postby mingyeong » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Actually, I expected sth different ending. Of course sarah marshall did horrible thing[s] to peter, but I think there are thousands of couples in the world recovering their relationships and who keep their link even after br[e]aking each other's mind with those kinds of mistakes. The reason that made me think of this ending was a moment in the movie: when Peter couldn't help but listen to Sarah's begging(?) to stay and forgive her, he says "just say that u'r sorry". Don't know why but regardless of how bad Sarah was, it made Peter look like a man who has the emotion.

Even though they' broke up, they spent long years together, and that scene was necessary to make this couple end up smoothly. If Peter was so cold and determined at that time, the actors' acts might have been seen a little awkward. Anyway, it doesn't matter if Rachel will be the one who can go well with Peter, I think. He is sweet romantic and warm guy in some ways. There would be a woman who would take care of those kinds of Peter's parts also. The important thing is how Peter got over Sarah marshall and took care of himself doing the Dracula musical thing. I wanted to see more about the procedure that Peter getting over her but it was a comedy movie, it was fun, and I enjoyed watching it. Thnx:^)

Teacher's Note: I agree that Peter seems to be such a nice guy, even if Rachel and he don't go the distance, he'll be OK. I'm not a puppet lover (personal bias spoiler), but I loved the puppets here.

--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :ugeek:
mingyeong

Postby Piedad San Martin » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:54 pm

c) Do Peter and Rachel have a chance in the long run?

I believe that Peter and Rachel have a real opportunity in the future. Mainly because they both know the other's past, his frustrations and loving disappointments. They have helped each other to forget what happened to each one, and in the process they have enchanted each other. They also have similar personalities, and now both have much more clear what they want from life, and what they want in the couple.

Teacher's Note: I so appreciate a writer who can say much with few words. Thanks for getting directly to the point.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :lol:
Piedad San Martin

Postby Edouard » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:07 pm

Hey everyone :D

b) Why does Sarah fall for rock star, Aldous Snow?
In spite of Peter Bretter (played by Jason Segel) appears to be an intelligent and kind man, I think that Sarah (Kristen Bell) was getting tired of the routine of her couple. Indeed Peter spend almost all his time staying at home, writing music for the CSI-like TV show and his opera, and maybe Sarah would like something new in her life. That's why she fall in love with Aldous Snow (played by Russell Brand), which is a crazy worldwide famous rock star; and that she would be more attract by his physical gifts than his intellectual ones. It is kind of funny because we can see that Russell Brand doesn't have to act so much during this movie, because his role is almost like his way of life.

Teacher's Note: I guess Sarah is the "villain" in this story, but in fact she has a good case for leaving Peter. Thanks for pointing this out. Is the real Russell Brand similar to his character? I gots no idea.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :mrgreen:
Edouard

Postby Salim.el » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Hello,

a) Describe Peter's journey of healing: After his horrible break up Peter decides to go to Hawaii to heal himself, the irony of it is that he's in the same hotel as his ex girlfriend, which makes the situation absolutely hilarious !

b) Why does Sarah fall for rock star, Aldous Snow? : She falls for him because he's a international recognized star and a symbol of sex and handsomeness, which is the complete opposite of Peter.

c) Do Peter and Rachel have a chance in the long run?: Peter and Rachel make a strong couple, they're relation is made on true love and Rachel accepts Peter for what he is.( When Rachel like his Dracula's song, and Sarah feels embarrassed to listen to it because she thinks it's bad) She's more sensitive than Sarah and open-minded.

Teacher's Note: Yup. All good answers. I especially like how this author points out the difference in how the two women react to the Dracula song. Great point.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :oops:
Salim.el

Postby kyou90 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:33 pm

hi.

I really loved this movie, thanks. Everyone must have loved it too.
Peter seems like a little strange guy, but he seems very pure as much as he is weird. He went to Hawaii for taking a breath and getting out of the reality that Sarah broke up with him.
Because Peter had been having a meaningless time at home, Sarah was tired of taking care of him.
I would say Peter is super lucky he met Rachael there. As of the end of the movie, Peter and Rachael will have long term relationship well.

Teacher's Note: This pretty well hits all the main points. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com :x
kyou90

Postby feng.lai » Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:44 pm

Do Peter and Rachel have a chance in the long run?

First of all, i want to say i very enjoy [really enjoyed] this movie. it can make me laugh and feel sad almost at the same time,and the ending is cute and perfect for the film. It is a nice happy ending.
Peter and Rachel have a chance in the long run. in the sadest time in Peter's life he met Rachel, with her help Peter starts [started] to come alive again. The other is that Peter can lie to Rachel, but he did not. He takes this relationship seriously, and Rachel also loves Peter.

Teacher's Note: Glad you enjoyed Forgetting Sarah Marshall. For me, it was a confusing moment when Peter tried to be super honest with Rachel and tell her about the mistake he made with Sarah. At that moment Rachel did not appreciate Peter's honesty. Maybe there's a lesson in there. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com 8-)
feng.lai

Postby Claire » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:48 am

a) Describe Peter's journey of healing.
It is obvious that when a man breaks up with his girlfriend, he must be heart-broken, and Peter is no exception.
However, the situation has changed since Rachel came into his world. She encouraged him to get out of pain and be close to the nature. It seemed that Rachel can [could] cure his pain, and they both enjoyed the life of being together.
Although Peter was sometimes affected by his ex-girlfriend, which [this] made him make up his mind that he wanted to be with Rachel.
We do not know if Peter and Rachel have a chance in the long run. Nevertheless, for Peter, it is a new start to associate with Rachel, and his pain is healed for the time being. :)

Claire

Teacher's Note: I like how this author observes the universality of Peter's pain and healing journey. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow:www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com
Claire

Next

Return to Movie Reports