[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - 2012

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

Postby maikuu » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:45 am

Actual Solar Flare: April 2012
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: 2012

Postby omarnafisi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:28 am

My response is towards question C; I believe that they should use all 3 methods. Because not all people can afford the tickets, not everybody is gonna win the lottery and government selection is unfair but I'll give them props for preserving the human race, so I'll allow it. They should also evenly divide the tickets to nations of the world to keep cultural diversity when the human race is able to repopulate.

- Omar Alnafisi
omarnafisi

Postby Salim.el » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:38 pm

Hello!

My favorite action scene, is when the volcano explode is so intense a powerfull, specially when you see the movie in THX. All the FX effects are very well worked, looks like they spend a lot of time working on that movie.
Very entertaining.
Salim.el

Postby feng.lai » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:12 pm

2) Describe your favorite action moment.

I have sew this movie many times, but it is the first time to see it with english subtitle. i think it make me understand better about this movie. "2012" is truly amazing because the story is so engaging. There are no fillers, only one disaster after another. Grounds disappearing, trains flying, buildings collapsing, all the effects are spectacular and scarily real.
My favorite action moment is that when the gate was closing Carl Anheuser had chance to going into it; however, he gived up and pushed his children into the ark.
feng.lai

Postby mingyeong » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:53 pm

I can remember seeing this movie when it was released. And it was fun. More interesting than I expected. The CG was felt like a real one but still now, it is better than any other current movie with CG effects. Anyway, I cannot pick one who was the most noble..? but I can say that the Indian guy did the most important role in the whole thing that helped the people who were alive in the ships. I wanted to see it til the movie ends but it was interesting though:) I'm little bit sad now because this is the last movie in mike's elective class studying in UCLA extension course. Thank u so much mike and everybody. See you at the graduation. Take care~
mingyeong

Postby Edouard » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:36 am

Hello :P

3) In your opinion, how should people be selected for the final journey: lottery, paid seating, government selection? Why?

I think that it should be fair to pick random people, by a lottery for example. But the problem is that it costs a lot of money in order to build these arks. So it is also necessary to make the billionaires pay their seats. Finally, after the "Armageddon", they will have to rebuild a "new world". It must be required to make a new government, institutions, administrations etc. So the government has also the responsibility to choose people helpful in this situation. A mix of these three methods seems to be the best solution.
Edouard

Postby Metallica » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:35 pm

Describe your favorite action moment:

Well this movie has many cool actions, special the graphic in this movie has made every single action perfect. However, there is special moment I liked it the most which is when Yuri pushed his son up to the gate before the closed it. That moment was really dramatic how the father sacrificed his life to his son that was really sad moment and mix of emotions. As they show in the movie Yuri wasn’t such a good guy. However, in that moment Yuri was the best guy. That shows how the father loves his children no matter what. In closing, this movie one of the best movie I have ever seen.

Aziz Alhalwan
Metallica

Return to Movie Reports