[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - INCEPTION

INCEPTION

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

INCEPTION

Postby maikuu » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:44 pm

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: INCEPTION

Postby khalidfs » Thu May 02, 2013 1:48 pm

cobb wanted to get into fishers dream because he wanted to get into the safe and find out what was in the safe. in the safe there was a pinweel and a will which fishers father will maybe some day will give to fisher. at the end of the movie fishers dad gave him the pinweel and the will. Cobb wanted to finish his work with inseption to get back to see his kids because its been long a time that he didnt see his kids

Hi Khalid-- Thanks for being the first to post. The pinwheel was an interesting prompt for Fischer, a symbol of his own independence from his father. And yes, Cobb wanted to see his kids, but why had he not been able to return sooner?
--Mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com. :D
khalidfs

Postby souzavirgilio » Thu May 02, 2013 8:02 pm

I believe that techniques such as inception and extraction, if they were possible, should never be allowed, because there are many risks involved. The first, and most obvious, one is to get trapped on limbo, which might happen due to the complexity of dreams and the difficulties that one trained mind may offer to those who try to enter it. Moreover, although dreams follow some sort of structure, they are still very subjective and tricky, often being able to confuse even the person who is actually dreaming -- imagine what it could do to "visitors". Finally, it is said that we know very little about the human brain. If that is true, then trusting information extracted from someone else's mind could be really dangerous.

Hey Virgilio-- Good points here. In reality, the first thing you hear from scientists about dream study is that they don't understand or agree on much. That world is a great mystery. I sometimes think that our dream world is an alternate reality, perhaps the place where our conscious self exists infinitely outside our bodies, but it's just another theory. Thanks for posting.

--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :cry:
souzavirgilio

Postby catherinew94 » Sat May 04, 2013 3:40 pm

Hi, this is Catherine

I would like to answer to the question: If dream inception/extraction were possible, when should it be allowed, if ever?

To my point of view, it could be very interesting to allow dream inception/extraction. At first, we have to be able to do it of course. As the movie explains it, dreams are the pure reflection of our mind and our soul and is leading by our subconsciousness. Many doctors and psychologists use hypnosis to find the problem of their patients but especially the core and the cause of it. Subconsciousness will make us travel in our mind and see the origin of our questions, and we could find better solutions instead of falling in a depressing state, believing there is no issue.
However, is it obvious, after seing Inception, that we cannot protect the patient from his/her dream and cannot control anything. If we will, there will be abuse and very important consequences on human's lifes.
catherinew94

Postby zhijian » Sat May 04, 2013 3:45 pm

Hi, it's Luke.
There are 4 dream level in the story. One is they kidnap Fischer, second is Cobb pretend to help Fischer, third is that they fight for Maurice Fischer's will, and the final is the world built by Cobb and his wife.
Cobb need succeed because he want to go home and Saito guarantee he can pass the custom if he make it.
If INCEPTION is possible, I want to own the opinion that I should study hard (:lol: )
My dim memory tell me I have the experience that dream within dream. I believe the dream has the powe of suggestion.
zhijian

Postby Eunyoung » Sun May 05, 2013 12:01 am

Hi, this is Eunyoung

Explain why Cobb needs to succeed at this inception into Robert Fischer's mind.

It’s because Saito promises to make him go back to America to see his children if he succeed. At that time, Cobb can’t go back to America since the government thinks he killed his wife who was not be able to escape from her false-dream-world. Before he left America, he couldn’t see his children’s faces, so he has suffered from illusion of their appearances from behind. Eager to see his children, he accepts Saito’s offer and try to succeed at the inception into Robert Fischer's mind, even though he is aware of the he failed when he tried to his wife’s.

Thank you for nice class for 5 weeks. I enjoyed a lot. Wish you all the best! :D

Hi Angela-- Thanks for your kind thoughts. Yes, the key idea about Cobb's experience with inception is that it backfired with his wife leading to disastrous results. Perhaps, he thinks that this time with Fischer he can get it right. And he has no choice if he wants to watch his kids grow up. I wish you all the best too.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :cry:
Eunyoung

Postby Abood93 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Hey I'm Abdullah Alzahameel I ilke to be called Abood beacuase that what my family keep calling me so I feel home and safe haha when someone call me abood specially if it was a good friend of mine. Inception is a great movie for me it's one of the best movies ever.

There are 4 levels in a dream but maybe there are more. That's what made the movie so great, because it let the audience think that maybe his real life isn't real and he's still dreaming. In the story he is trying to go back to his kids and he really loves them. He tries everything and anything just to go back to them, and when I first watched the movie I couldn't believe how emotional this scene was. He was trying to look at his kids' faces and it was so emotional. It's just awesome! The whole movie was literally awesome.

Dreams are complicated subject that have a lot of different theories there's some say that it's what you really feel and that your emotion it's just shows up in a dream some say that there's something and it's a higher being talking to you, or trying to guide you through life.
Abood93

Postby mezo5 » Wed May 08, 2013 10:51 pm

First, thanks maik for choosing my best movie ever in Hollywood world and it's a shame he didn't get a lot of Oscars.

I remember 7 month ago you told me in the class after we watched 2012 that there are 7 or 8 dreams in this movie. Of course I watched many times to make sure I have the perfect answer 8-)

Reality

The first level of Inception is reality. In reality, the characters of Cobb, Ariadne, Arthur, Saito, Fischer, Eames, and Yusef are present. The characters leave reality on the plane, entering dream space to perform inception on the character of Fischer. ;)

Dream Level 1

The first dream level is hosted by Yusef and takes place in a city environment. Yusef enables the "kick" to wake the others by driving a van containing the team off a bridge. :)

Dream Level 2

The second dream level is hosted by Arthur and takes place in a hotel. Arthur remains here to blow up the elevator for the kick. :D

Dream Level 3

The third dream level is hosted by Eames, and takes place at the snow fortress. Fischer is killed and Saito dies of previous injury. Both characters are bumped down a level. Cobb hosts a dream and Ariadne travels with him to the next level to recover Fischer. On Fischer's revival, he is able to complete his task and inception is performed. Eames plants explosives on the fortress to destroy it, creating a kick. 8-)

Dream Level 4

The fourth level is hosted by Cobb and is a broken-down city, previously designed by Cobb and Mal. Ariadne and Fischer fall off of a tall building for a kick. with the rest of the characters, excluding Cobb and Saito. Back on the first level, Cobb drowns while the car is in the water, bumping him down to Limbo with Saito. :geek:

Limbo
Saito, killed from injury on a previous dream level, is placed in Limbo. Cobb arrives in Limbo later. The aged Saito begins to remember Cobb and the mission, and the two escape by killing themselves . The pair awake to reality on the plane, where Saito remembers to keep his promise. The rest of the team has previously awakened with the expiration of the dream machine timer. The trip through four dream levels and Limbo has been completed. :ugeek:
mezo5

Postby OMARHHASAN » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi, this is Omar. Inception is one of my top 10 favorite list of movies, maybe even the top 5 and, like most of DiCaprio's films, it blew me away.
OMARHHASAN

Return to Movie Reports