[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - PREMIUM RUSH

PREMIUM RUSH

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

PREMIUM RUSH

Postby maikuu » Mon May 13, 2013 4:19 pm

maikuu
Site Admin

Re: PREMIUM RUSH

Postby vathanya » Thu May 16, 2013 9:35 pm

Hello Mike, This is Thanya.
Premium Rush is a great movie - exciting and thrilling - also showed some issues about social problems. The NYPD officer, Monday, is the person who explained the social problems that occured in New York, maybe in all the U.S. or even in many countries in the world. These problems are corruption, drugs, gambling and immigrants. How can the authorities are going to eliminated all the illegal bussiness if there're still the authority's officers itself getting involved in those issues. Therefore, I'd say Monday is the most interesting character because he's the symbol of the problems that we're facing in the world.
Even though the movie looks risky, after watching this movie and giving myself some times to think about becoming a bicycle messenger, I've found that it's an interesting job to do. You can do both make money and do an exercise at the same time. Furthermore, it's quite challenge for me who really love an adventurous sports. But of course, not in such a big, messy and dangerous city like New York. ;)

Thank you Thanya for being the first to post, again! The assignment was to answer any of the prompts, and you answered them all!! If I had ten students like you, I could conquer the world. . . . OK, OK just kidding. Everyone calm down. Seriously, there are some potent points raised in this mini-essay, especially about Robert Monday and police corruption. This is an example of why most police departments here in the U.S. take corruption seriously, in the interest of public safety. Let me know if you decide to become a bike messenger. I'll be your first customer.
Thanks again for posting. --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :oops:
vathanya

Postby xin jin » Sat May 18, 2013 7:53 pm

hello, this is king. As a Chinese person, it is very easy for me to explain what happened between Nima and sister Chen. Sister Chen is a leader of snake head organization. Her business is taking some illegal immigrantion from China to America. For Nima, she got a F1 visa first, and then she works in three jobs to save money. She saved the money in that personal bank, and bank gave her a recipt, like a kind of check. I have no idea why she does not try to send the recipt to sister Chen herself. She choiced [chose] to let messager to sent the recipt. When the sister Chen got the recipt, it means she can got the money from that personal bank, and than she called her people in China, and let Nima's son and mother go into the ship. That is the deal between sister Chen and Nima. Well, as a normal person, I do not want to be a messager. Maybe it is a good way to do some sports, but I think the messagers are crazy people, that job is too hard for me.

Hi King---
I am still a little confused about the long-distance money transfer. I guess the money is not actually moved to the guys working in China, but it just remains with Sister Chen in New York. But then how do the guys in China get paid? This is the mystery and beauty of the hawala system. I think there is a pot of money over there as well and a bookkeeper. I am also surprised that the local bookkeeper is also an enforcer as he ends up shooting the guy who owes money (spoiler). Did you like Premium Rush?
Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :roll:
xin jin

Postby alice03015 » Sun May 19, 2013 6:34 pm

Hi, this is Alice. This movie is very interesting. The NY polices always chase after Wilee because of a mysterious envelope.In this case, it told us bike messengers are enjoyable and love their job.It showed be a bike messenger is not only for poor people, but also for students who are from university, like Wilee and Vanessa. In the movie, it presented that sister Chen is a leader of snakehead organization, her job is pick some illegal immigrants from China to American.In fact, this is not illegal. However, here showed rightful action.Even though snake organization is bad organization, it made a reunion for Nima and her son unconsciously. As a result, bad man not always bad. Even so, I am [do] not prefer to be a bike messenger. I like this movie :D

Hey Alice-- Looks like you covered all the prompts. Great job! I'm very impressed by how you rightfully point out that sometimes bad guys do good things as in this movie where Nima and her son get reunited. I guess this happens whenever governments don't know how to figure it out. Are you sure you wouldn't want to be a bike messenger?
Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: http://www.moviesgrowenglish.com :evil:
alice03015

Postby cemozbek » Sun May 19, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi, this is Cem.

When I was a child I was really interested on bikes and bicycles. Now, I am still addicted to two-wheels :D Premium Rush is a great movie for bicycle addicts. Some special bike terminologies, scenary and also stunts were fantastic ! New York is a dangerous city living there is quite hard and riding bicycle as a messenger is harder twice. In fact, I would like to be a messenger in New York. It looks exciting and it's filled with adrenaline ! Also you don't have to go gym additionally, sports is your job and free :P On the other hand, this kind of profession has some disadvantages like careless people, taxis and bad guys who wants to grab your delivery :D As a matter of fact it is a good and interesting job.

Hey Cem-- Great post, dude! But I have a question. Is Premium Rush also a great movie for English addicts? Actually, English students? I think your post really captures the emotion of Premium Rush. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :ugeek:
cemozbek

Postby Faris » Sun May 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Hi Guys,
I really loved the movie. It gave me such a rush to love bicycles but even though ,I will not be a messenger heh.
that job is the most dangerous job of all jobs in the whole world.
some people I know they would love to drive like that because that kind of reckless driving gives them what is called Adrenalin rush
and THAT what I think is the premium rush don't you agree with me guys?

Hi Faris-- What a cool post, man. Your post unlocks the secret in the movie title. Premium Rush has two meanings guys. Thanks, Faris, for revealing this clever twist. Can you think of any other activities that have a premium rush? Let's start with surfing. OK no motorized sports, only muscle powered. I can think of five or six more. Your turn.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :o :o :o
Faris

Postby sarah alsadoun » Sun May 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Hello everyone.

This movie is about a day's work for a gay [guy] in New York as bicycle messengers .Wilee was the most interesting character in the movie because his routine delivery turns into a life or death chase through the streets of Manhattan. Additionally,the relationship between Nima and sister Chen that is sister Chen a leader of snake head organization. Her job is taking illegal immigration from China to America. However, I don't like to be a bicycle messenger because i [am] afraid of high speed.

Hi Sarah-- Excellent post. Looks like you touched on all the points briefly. It is obvious that you have something cool to say, so I would love for you to share a little more detail. Big thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :)
sarah alsadoun

Postby TheCoolest7 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:08 am

Hey mike, this is Tarek aka Tom
The movie PREMIUM RUSH was ok not bad but in the same time not that interesting but I liked that it describes the life style of the cycle delivery boys and girls in New York city I found this interesting because there life style is really dangerous and every day they have new challenge.
I think the movie producers did their homework before producing this move because they have showed us a lot of real details on how the delivery boys and girls in New York city treat each other and how they challenge each other in the streets .
The most interesting character in the movie is Wilee because the move is made around him and he was a real dear devil and an adrenalin junky and I love that personality :twisted:

Hey Tarek-- Thanks for an honest expression of your feelings about Premium Rush. If I were to compare this film to "Training Day", which also examines the motivations of a corrupt cop, I would agree that Premium Rush is not as profoundly rendered. But I still think it is a worthy choice for ESL students because of what you also say about how it takes us into the unique and dangerous world of bicycle messengers.
Regards --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :lol:
TheCoolest7

Postby khalidfs » Wed May 22, 2013 11:18 am

hi this is khalid. i really liked the movie, it reminded me of when i was young i used to ride my bike but now im lazy to ride my bike. the story of the movie premiem rush is bike messengers take messages or packages to their destination on time. but the bad guy he is trying to stop wile from dilivering this package because it is drugs. the chinese woman had a complicated situation because she wanted to get her child out of china to go to newyork but in order to do that she has to do her task in deliver her package on time to a chinese reaturant i think

Hey Khalid-- Thanks for an interesting summary post. Glad you liked Premium Rush. I think that Wilee is delivering the Hawala ticket to Sister Chen (the Chinese woman), not drugs. As always, please mind your GPS and blossom into a great writer, my friend.
Thanks. --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :?
khalidfs

Postby abeeralrwishid » Thu May 23, 2013 9:36 pm

I really enjoyed watching” PREMIUM RUSH,” I love the idea of being a bicycle messenger and try to not just do your work but also help people and have fun; in addition, it shows many social problems such as, illegal immigration and corruption . For me I don’t want to be a bicycle messenger because I think its dangerous job.

Ciao Abeer! Nice to read your thoughts. I like the contrast between appreciation of what a bicycle messenger does and not actually wanting to be a bicycle messenger. I'd love to hear more of your ideas. Please don't be shy. . .
Regards, --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenghlish.com :|
abeeralrwishid

Next

Return to Movie Reports