[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
MoviesGrowEnglish.com • View topic - ARGO

ARGO

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

ARGO

Postby maikuu » Tue May 21, 2013 7:35 am

Ben Affleck with (the real) Bob Anders, Mark Lijek, Cora Lijek, and Lee Schatz at the premiere for Argo
Photograph by Kevin Winter/Getty Images
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: ARGO

Postby khalidfs » Thu May 23, 2013 11:42 am

hi im khalid. i really enjoyed watching argo for the second time. when i [I] watches [ed] it for the second time i see no difference. In the movie argo, ben affec- tony mendez rescuses six americans from iran who were hiding in the candanian embessy. the six americans pretented to be a film crew to escape from iran. when they went to the airport with ben affec- tony mendez, they were almost caught when they were bording the airplane. when they got though immigration and borded the airplane, the iranians then realized that they were the six american who escaped from iran, the iranians tried to get them off the plane when the plane took off and the the six american left iran.

Ciao Khalid-- Thanks for being first to post about Argo. Thanks for writing a straight-up summary of Argo. As usual, please check for GPS before posting. (I noted a couple edits above.) --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :D
khalidfs

Postby abeeralrwishid » Thu May 23, 2013 9:55 pm

I’ve watched Argo three times, and every time I had so much fun, its so exiting movie, and I really like it because it talks about real story which happened in Iran and its about six Americans who were in prison there. However, I love the way they escaped, and I was very exited when I watched it.

Hey Abeer-- This is a great overview of your thoughts on Argo. I strongly feel that you have so much more to share, and I really wish you would expand on your ideas. e.g. Why is Argo so exciting? What do you love about how the Americans escaped? What made you feel excited about Argo?

Thanks for posting. --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :D
abeeralrwishid

Postby cemozbek » Sat May 25, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi this is Cem. Actually, I don't interest in both politics and political movies but I liked this movie. The history, the plan and the ending was amazing. Pretending like a movie crew to save diplomats, this is a very bright plan. Besides, Tony Mendez is a very courageous character because he risked his life for 6 people. In my perspective, he emphatized with these six people and hefelt that they were so bad and they were suffering about can't going back home. Also, they were living in Iran as a fugitive, they could't go out and they couldn't live their life properly. Having been a good people, Tony Mendez was a volunteer to save them from this ordeal.

Cem, my man-- Thanks for highlighting Tony Mendez' character in Argo. I like how Argo was able to pull you beyond your normal dislike of politics into a story you might not otherwise care about. BTW Another reason Tony Mendez empathized with the Americans was that they might have been tortured and killed (Who really knows?). Good post.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :mrgreen:
cemozbek

Postby alice03015 » Sun May 26, 2013 7:32 pm

hi, this is Alice. This movie told us how the CIA rescued 6 U.S. from Tehran. I really didn't like this plot because it showed political story at the beginning. However, the plan and the endding was fantastic. Tony was so daring and intelligent. It so happened that Tony called his son and wanted to watch movie together, this movie was inspiration. Moreover, “The most dangerous place is just the safest one," I think Tony knew this so that he rescued 6 U.S. at the risk of his own. Even though he took advantage of this fake movie, he was success to rescued 6 U.S.. Even though this escaped trip was difficult, friends were very important. Finally, I want to say I probably will watch this movie again. ;) Thank you :!:

Hi Alice-- Thank you for sharing and posting. I especially like how you point out a key scene in the movie, one that is easily overlooked. I'm referring, of course, to the scene in which Mendez and his son share an episode of Star Trek. I wonder if this is where the real Tony Mendez got his inspiration for the escape plan.
Cheers! --mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :geek:
alice03015

Postby xin jin » Mon May 27, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi, this is king, and I think this film is pretty good. In the November of 1979, the Iranian revolutionary attacked the American embassy in Iranian Teheran, and kidnapped the staffs as hostages. More than 50 people were locked up, but 6 people fled away, and hid in the Canadian ambassador’s home. One leader of CIA, whose name is Jack O'Donnell, found the Tony Mendez, who was a spy and the hero in this film. Jack asked Tony for taking this 6 people back from Iran. After discussing, they decided to use Tony’s way, which is using shooting film to take these 6 people back. Tony talked with his friend in Hollywood, and he decided to use “Argo”, which is a film and similar with star wars. At last, he got success, he took these 6 people back to America.

Hey King! OK, a straight-up summary of Argo. It hits all the main points. Glad you like the movie. Do you think you will watch it again? Thanks for posting.
--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :o
xin jin

Postby Mazen » Mon May 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Hello......
I am Mazen, Thanks Mike for giving me a chance to watch Argo. This was the first time for me I watched Argo. The movie was amazing has a real story and I enjoyed watching from begining until the end, no boaring scenes . The movei was talking about Iranian revolution and the rebels attacked the USA Embassy because there was some political issues between these countries so a number of deplomats was hiding in the canadian embassy. As aresult, Tony Mendez decided to escape [rescue] these american diplomats from Iran by pretending they were going to act a movie in Iran. The plan was crazy but it succeeded at the end.

Hello Mr. Mazen-- So nice to hear from you. Your post of Argo is my favorite kind of movie report, a combination of summary and opinion. This is what any good film critic must be able to execute. Roger Ebert, my favorite film critic, recently deceased, was a master of such writing. Yes the plan must have seemed crazy at the time. Thanks for a cool post.

--mike :arrow: www.moviesgrowenglish.com :P
Mazen

Postby Abood93 » Tue May 28, 2013 4:29 pm

Hi I'm Abdullah

Argo was a really good movie better that what I expected, it was about an event that happened between 1979 and 1981, and Tom Mendez is the guy that was responsible of the operation, after he went to Iran to save six American that held as hostages, and he comes with the idea to pretend that he's making a movie so he can get them out from Iran and back to U.S

He's a great guy trying to do good things, and he's patriot.

Canada toke the credit because it was a secret mission.
Abood93

Postby Basma » Tue May 28, 2013 11:41 pm

I really liked Argo movie. It was one of the best political movies that I watched. The story was about American hostages in Iran, and how Ben Affleck came up with a plan to help the six Americans to escape from Iran. What is surprising is that how he came up with a fake movie "Argo," I guess no one will think that this idea is fake! Also, the time goes so fast while watching this movie and I couldn't wait to see whats gonna happen in the end. It was a happy ending for Americans that they survived. I recommend everyone to watch Argo movie.
Basma

Postby Hind » Wed May 29, 2013 12:15 am

It was a nice movie to watch. It is a political thriller movie based on a true story. ARGO is the name of the fake movie which the hostages are the fake actors. By acting in this movie and making it looks real was their way to escape from Iran. I was in tense and excited to know whats gonna happen next and whether they will succeed in fooling the Iranian. You won't get bored with the events. In addition, Tony Mendez " Ben Affleck" took a risk with his life to save the life of the six american hostages because it is his job. He is used to help people and save their lives. Canda took credit for the rescue because Tony Mendez identity couldn't be covered.
Hind

Next

Return to Movie Reports