I LOVE YOU MAN

http://www.MoviesGrowEnglish.com would like to hear about movies that make great ESL/EFL lessons, movies that are entertaining and language-rich, movies that takes us to another time, another place, another lifestyle.

I LOVE YOU MAN

Postby maikuu » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:48 pm

Please discuss the following question.

Why do Peter and Sydney become best friends? (100-200 words)

Thanks. --Mike :roll: :lol: :( ;) :D :oops:
maikuu
Site Admin

Re: I Love You Man

Postby tomomi kosumi » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:43 pm

Peter and Sydney have different type of personality, but they became best friends. Peter is the kind of the man who is shy and wants to get married. Sydney is a out going person and doesn't want get married. Peter didn't have guys friend before he met Sydney.

They became best friends because of they have different personalities. They help each other and they change each other. They become close as they spend more and more time together. They also have a lot of fun together.

I like this movie a lot :D
have a good weekend :P
tomomi kosumi

I LOVE YOU MAN

Postby aaadefender » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:50 am

Hi. this is Alex.

Peter and Sydney become best friends for two reasons. First of all, there is Zooey. Peter tries to meet male friends for his wedding, so Zooey gives a motive to Peter and Zooey, which is a bridged for Peter and Sydney form a strong relationship. If Zooey does not like Sydney, Peter and Sydney will not become best friends.

Another reason is music. Peter and Sydney had totally different personalities. But they are both completely infatuated with Rush. The music gives them something in common to become closer friends.

Taken as one, The most important person is Zooey; the most important thing is Rush. These are reasons that Peter and Sydney become friends.

Thanks for reading. Have a good weekend.
aaadefender

Postby Hsing-Ying,Lee » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:30 am

When Peter gets engaged to his girlfriend, he begins to notice the difference between her social world and his. So he wants to find one guy to be his
Hsing-Ying,Lee

Postby anneyano » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:30 am

I think this awkward friendship works out because of their 180-degree opposite personalities. It sounds a bit strange but it always happens. For example, while Sydney is always manlike, on the other hand, Peter is more feminine one, well I admit sometimes he is also manlike.

In Japan, We care about blood types. Some people don't, most people do. And each blood types have characteristic personalities. For instance, A tends to neat and well-organized, while B tends to more open-minded, tough, and rough (Japanese doesn't like these types). My blood type is B and tends to make best friends in the group with blood type A. And it always last long in my case. It is funny that most statics shows B hates A, and A hates B. It doesn't work for me. I say, Peter's blood type is A and Sydney's is B.

However, it works because they are totally different so they don't expect each other to understand themselves perfectly, they can make up for deficiencies in their personalities. That is very important for every relationship including love ones, family ones, and of course for friendships too.
anneyano

I LOVE YOU, MAN

Postby omar » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:06 pm

First of all , Peter and Sidney are two characteres totatly different.One is just enjoying the life peacefuly and the other one is more responsable , serious, he has a good situation. Sidney is very casual , direct, he speaks honestly, he says what he thinks.He is kind of artist, he can adaptes his self wathever the situation.

He has a strong personality, he influences Peter .They are using eachother for having fun.Peter didn't have a real friend before he has found sydney , the most unusual friend for him.I think that peter enjoyed Sydney's lifestyle and wanted to do the same.
omar

Postby danielh » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:23 pm

The reason why Peter and Sydney become good friends is because Peter got engaged and his fianc
danielh

Postby Shihuang Wu » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Peter and Sydney are very different? Peter looks refined and shy? Sydney is outgoing and always says some bad words?One of them is quiet; the other one is sprightly? They become best friends, which is a very interesting combination ?

They have the same hobby?They like music ?When they are good friends?they change each other and they help each other?

At the last part in the movie? Peter is very unhappy before he sees Sydney? And Sydney spends $8,000 for a gift to Peter? This helps Peter
Shihuang Wu

Postby Charlykolo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:37 pm

In this movie there is one couple Peter and Zooey. They want to marry themselves but Peter doesn't have any good friend to be his best man at the church. Peter decides to meet some friends, and he finds Sydney, who is different from him. They start to be good friends and share activities together like music. Peter spends more time with Sydney than his future wife, who is surprised to see her husband very happy.

In this movie you can see one couple in love and sure to get married, and one friendly relationship between Peter and Sydney, which is very nice. I really like this movie because it is funny and because Sydney is a crazy man but very sensible like Peter.
Charlykolo

Postby JinYoung Jang » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:32 pm

This movie is about a man who is preparing for his wedding. He needs to find a best man. He is industrious at work, has a beautiful fiance, and he has many friends except for a real man friend. That's his problem. A few months before the wedding, he finds a new friend named Sydney; he has a cool personality, but he is a little wild. He's totally different from Peter, but they fit well in music, so they play electric guitars and sing songs. I think music is the way they can become friends

Of course before the wedding, Peter and Sydney have a problem, but they solve it and they became real friends. It was fun and a good movie.

Thanks Mike :)
JinYoung Jang

Next

Return to Movie Reports